Gym Topic

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
Daniel Lee : No prob man. I still learning. Don't feel shy to ask. Just look around the gym area & ask the one wit the nicest looking 6pack abs. Surely he'll be happy to answer all ur questions. Hahaha....

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
civic-r,
oh. haha I was wondering how not to use the waist when basically, the abs is one part of the entire waist. hehe

daniel,
Working out involves more than just the muscles and movements. There is a lot of mention of mind-muscle where your mind must work with your muscles to ensure that right muscle is being worked. Proper form/technique is also very important to avoid possible injuries which may put you out of action for weeks, or even months. On top of that, proper diet, proper daily practises (I'll get to this later) and of course, sufficient rest (at least 8 hours of sleep) will help bring that abs out. Just so you know, everyone actually has 6 pack abs. It's just hidden under those flabs, and it's also how lean and big you work those abs.

Here's a quick link for abs exercises.
Bodybuilding.com - Exercise Guides Database.
(please don't look at the girl with big solid rounded boobs in those work out pictures. stay focused. haha)
The basic thing to remember is that when you do crunches, you always curl your body at your abs forward. When you do that correctly, you will feel your abs muscle tighten. For example, try doing basic crunches (see video link below) 15 reps, 4 sets. When you stand up again, you should feel your abs tightening up. There are many ways to work that abs but you'll have to find one that suits you best. Look through the weblink provided above and draft out a 20 minute abs work out, with different types of abs workout. If you're just starting to work out, maybe stick to 3 or 4 sets, with 12 or 15 (or so) reps in each set. Once you have drafted it out, stick to that abs workout program for about one or two months (assuming you do it 3-4 times a week). After that, change your work out program with new abs workouts. The change in workout program allows you to work your abs in different ways, therefore, your body will also be forced to change and develop based on your new work out program.

I'd give you hope and motivate you, honestly, but don't hope to see your 6 packs so quickly. Working on abs alone will not be enough to pop that 6 packs out. You need to lose ALL those flabs around your waist. If you go to a gym, cycling classes have been recommended to me by many trainers and I personally do it myself. It helps to burn off a fair amount of fats, if done consistently (3-4 times a week, about 30 or 45 minutes each session). What you can do is go through your abs workout program, then take a break enough to catch back your breath and recover back your breathing. After that, go for cycling class. Cycling classes are usually designed to work your leg muscles (which will indirectly build it as well) as well as to help you lose those fats. If you're a first timer in the cycling class, get help from the instructor to adjust your bike. This is VERY important because cycling with all the wrong adjustments may injure your back. There will be basically 2 types of cycling. One is to make you cycle fast, with comfortable resistance on your bike. This is generally to make your body burn fats. Another is to cycle with tight resistance, making you use your leg muscles to cycle. Also, when it comes to cycling, try to cycle with a push-pull movement. Meaning, push the pedals down, and then when it goes to the back, pull the pedal back up (the pedals will have a strap where you can strap your feet onto). Note that if you are just going to do cardio exercise and nothing else, the first 20 minutes of cardio workout burns NOTHING! Remember to breath when you're in cycling class. You'll be surprised how many people unconsciously hold their breath when they exert energy to cycle hard and fast.

If you don't go to a gym, jogging would also help. Remember to bring a parang cos now a days, it ain't safe outside no more. haha Oh yeah, and don't bother bringing out your wallet too, just to be safe. When you jog, do a regular jog for 20 minutes to warm up. Then, whenever you think you are ready, sprint or run for about 5 minutes, then slow down again for a few minutes to recover back your breath. Then when you are ready (psycho your mind to tell you that you are ready if you think you can't do it), and then sprint/run for about 5 minutes and slow down for recovery again. Doing short burst of sprints helps to pump keep your cardio system going at it's best.

The reason why you workout your abs first is to break down (however much it can) the fats around your waist. Then the cardio workout will 'wash' away whatever lose fats it can.

Hope that helps.

Basic crunches video;
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/videos/2005/crunches.wvx

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Guys,

Doing Cardio for 6 packs is great, but that's not what is most important. What you must look after is your eating habits. You Wont get even close to having a 2 packs by Makan Pizza, Nasi Lemak, Pasta and Ramli burger daily and do cardio like a hamster. 6 in 1 can la....

Cut down carbs as much as possible and eat high protein meals. 6 Meals a day and plenty of water. Will probably show the slightest results in 4-5 months.

As satria bro said, we already have the 6 packs muscles. It's the fat around it that cover the muscles. One will need to have at least a bodyfat % of 10% for the 6 packs to be visible. It ain't easy at all.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
noel,
Personally, I would say "eat 6 small meals" instead of 6 meals. Who knows, he may go and eat 6 big meals a day. hahaha Then he'll have 1 super big pack, instead of 6 toned packs. hehe

It took me 4 months, just to be able to physically feel just a little bit of the 6 compartments being shaped. haha Guess I've got a long long road ahead.

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Satria Bro,

The portion aint really that important as long as u are eating the write stuffs. Some food like Broccoli and Asparagus promotes fat burning. U may eat as much of those as u please and still wont get fat.

Timing is important though. Breakfast = Most important. Pre and post working Meals too. Then come supper. Drink Milk with protein shake = best. Why u asked? We sleep for 8 hours without food, body will burn fat as well as muscles. So need take protein. Milk will slowdown the digestion and provide the protein throughout the nite.

Try your best not to consume carbs at nite. Any energy not used will be stored as fat.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Civic-R,
I'll post my gym quieries here if I have any in future.:biggrin:

Jerry,
thanks very much for the tips and encouragement.
I'll try that out.
However, I would like to know what is cardio and what is the purpose of cardio.
I'm trying to gain some weight now.
Will doing cardio reduces my weight?

I go to a gym(shoplot version) three times a week now.
My program is:
Day 1: Chest and triceps
Day 2: Back and biceps
Day 3: ????
My quiry is which part of my body shall I focus on, on Day 3?
Any suitable recommendation on what type of exercises for beginners like me for the above body parts workouts?

Last edited:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Guys,

Doing Cardio for 6 packs is great, but that's not what is most important. What you must look after is your eating habits. You Wont get even close to having a 2 packs by Makan Pizza, Nasi Lemak, Pasta and Ramli burger daily and do cardio like a hamster. 6 in 1 can la....

Cut down carbs as much as possible and eat high protein meals. 6 Meals a day and plenty of water. Will probably show the slightest results in 4-5 months.

As satria bro said, we already have the 6 packs muscles. It's the fat around it that cover the muscles. One will need to have at least a bodyfat % of 10% for the 6 packs to be visible. It ain't easy at all.
Bro Noel,
can you recommend some high protein meals/diets?
I'm currently on a weight gaining mode.

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Bro Daniel,

Anything from beef, chicken, fish, dairy products and beans.

Wanna gain weight and mass, Other than protein.. u need to pack up carbs too. When doing so u wont be able to get a 6 packs though.

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
My menu last time every morning was 4 piece of wholemeal bread served wit tuna in water (contains only 2% of oil),a bowl of salad & top up wit a protein shake. Sometime change to lean turkey ham replacing the tuna in water(tis 1 expensive) wit wholemeal bread...:bawling:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
My menu last time every morning was 4 piece of wholemeal bread served wit tuna in water (contains only 2% of oil),a bowl of salad & top up wit a protein shake. Sometime change to lean turkey ham replacing the tuna in water(tis 1 expensive) wit wholemeal bread...:bawling:
I dunno if I can chuck up such a heavy meal in the morning or not.:confused:
Normally my appetite in the morning is poor.

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
I dunno if I can chuck up such a heavy meal in the morning or not.:confused:
Normally my appetite in the morning is poor.
Tis is wat u need to sacrifice to get a 6pack abs. NO nasi lemak,NO curry mee,NO bak kut teh,NO fried mee/meehun or any other oily foods in the morning. Tis is to lose out all ugly looking flabby stomach. 6pack abs won't surface when is covered by thick oily skins around our waist :proud:

EcstacyElmo

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
K Hell Shitty
Civic-R,
I'll post my gym quieries here if I have any in future.:biggrin:

Jerry,
thanks very much for the tips and encouragement.
I'll try that out.
However, I would like to know what is cardio and what is the purpose of cardio.
I'm trying to gain some weight now.
Will doing cardio reduces my weight?

I go to a gym(shoplot version) three times a week now.
My program is:
Day 1: Chest and triceps
Day 2: Back and biceps
Day 3: ????
My quiry is which part of my body shall I focus on, on Day 3?
Any suitable recommendation on what type of exercises for beginners like me for the above body parts workouts?
U forgot the legs? dont want to have a un-proportionate body now do you? big chest, big arms, but bamboo legs..

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
U forgot the legs? dont want to have a un-proportionate body now do you? big chest, big arms, but bamboo legs..
EcstacyElmo,
it's not that I forgotten my legs, it's just that I have already worked out my calves' muscles during my days in school.
Thanks to my trusty bicycle that served me for almost 10 years.
As for now, my body is thin while my legs seem big. LOL:biggrin:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
elmo,
You know, you mentioned about legs. I haven't done leg exercises for about 2 months already. The size of my muscles without work out is rather huge especially my thighs. I seriously don't want legs as big as the hulks. hahaha But then, I'm going to work out some program to see if I can reduce a bit of leg muscle size or not, though I'm still wondering how I'm going to do that. haha

Daniel Lee,
On Day 3, you work your dick and abs. Go find a hot gal, and hump her really nice and hard with lots of waist movement from you. Try not to let her get on top of you. Doggy style gives you waist workout as well as some leg workout. hehehe If you can find extra chicks, pass it on to me. hahaha

Don't worry so much about your weight. Ask your gym if they have one of those machines which will measure your weight, % fat mass, etc etc etc. The look at your % fat and try to have that figure that suits your body. I believe every body will have a slightly different target to achieve for % fat. Like for me, my % fat was 31.4% and now, it's at about 25%. My target is about 15% fat. So, don't worry about your over all body weight too much.

If you want to gain weight, I think it's better for you to gain muscle weight rather than over all body weight. You would need to eat food that'll help you gain muscle mass. Remember that muscle is heavier than fats. Each person will have to tune their body very individually as compared to the others. The key here for anyone who's working out is.... CONSISTENCY. Keep a consistent healthy diet with good control of fat intake, and also consistency in workouts. Also one thing to remember, try not to hope to see results in a few months. It'll take quite a long time, maybe years, before you see big differences, unless your body genetics are good in acting to changes. hehe

For more tips on workout, you can check out magazines like Men's Health (don't get the Malaysian version because it's nonsense, or at least I think of if as such personally), Muscle Mag, Men's Workout, etc. You don't need to buy it every month. Just browse through and see if there's any articles that you are specifically looking for. I've got some magazines that you could browse through if (and ever if) we go out and yum cha. But I can't let you take it home cos I've not finished with it also. haha

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i drive a satria (non neo version) and would like to know how to remove the centre console (the plastic part where you put the radio at (usually wood colored for wiras or cf colored for satrias ) coz last time someone stole my radio and broke it, wanna take it out to glue back..
also, can anyone tell me how to remove the cluster meter too?? i know there are 2 screws on the top, but is that all?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience