how to remove your dashboard console? (help needed)

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hi guys, i drive a satria (non neo version) and would like to know how to remove the centre console (the plastic part where you put the radio at (usually wood colored for wiras or cf colored for satrias ) coz last time someone stole my radio and broke it, wanna take it out to glue back..
also, can anyone tell me how to remove the cluster meter too?? i know there are 2 screws on the top, but is that all?

kian27

Known Member
Sep 28, 2008
Petaling Jaya
if nt mistaken,actually is a 2-pieces...
1st u hav to remove the radio panel den 2nd jz remove the whole piece from digital clock till meter there..
Code:
1st-U MUS REMOVE TIS FIRST there are 2screw on the top of radio panel.. after tat unscrew both den u can take out the 1st panel redi..
those are a clip u hav to use sumthing to 'kiao' it out mayb a small flat screw driver but becareful is a plastic easy broken.. nt sure below ur radio the console thr hav any screw o nt..

2nd-after remove the 1st panel(adjust ur steering to lowest cuz make u easy to take the out the 2nd panel later),remove 2screw at the meter housing thr, 1 at left side of the digital clock(curve thr),another 2 at the aircond panel thr(after remove the 1st panel den u jz will c the screw)den u can take it out le..

when fitting back,nt to tight the screw too tight(jz agak agak can redi),it might make the plastic hole broken,careful with it..

i jz calling from my memory only mostly is like tat la..u can try 1st if cant den dont force take it out cuz plastic may broken..
HAPPY DIY:wavey:

Last edited:

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
thanx bro... do i have to remove my radio or just the face plate?

Milo33

Known Member
Dec 7, 2008

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
cool dudes.. thanx alot for the info.. so i need to remove the radio panel THEN i can move the dashboard cluster meter?

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
yup yup... i watched the accessory shop guys... they also removed the radio panel ... the dashboard panel is connected there...

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
yessss... will do this tomorrow morning... just to see how it goes

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hey guys, i removed it... very interesting to do actually.. but there was one thing i could not remove.. the air cond controller.. wanted to see what bulb it was coz one was blown...

managed to remove the cluster meter panel too... but it was tricky to put back... found that there were 5 normal bulbs (like for the fender indicator) and several small ones... but i realised that there was no point changing those to colored because the color will not show up...
as for the ash tray, the bulb polarity seems to be reversed... DO NOT bend the wires to suit.. it WILL blow a fuse... it blew mine yesterday..

hope soneone can help with the air cond controll so i can remove the bulb

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
when I was at the accessory shop, the guys there did mention its very difficult to remove, they twisted and removed the bulb + holder from the back.

@Vyraz11 if you want someone to do it for you, I'll recommend my regular guys,
HT Auto, Jalan Baiduri, Kampung Tunku, Petaling Jaya. Its beside the Mobil there.

Milo33

Known Member
Dec 7, 2008
ya bro jeyadev,it's hard to take out the bulb socket thing from the aircond controller...
the thing is very tricky,the socket is small ,black color like a tray socket under the radio ..try twist and pull it out gently..
no need to take out the aircond controller,jus twist the socket and pull out.

after u take out the socket,there is a small plastic blue color like mini condom covering the bulb..
take out the mini condom gently,and then sarung it on new bulb...
if the condom koyak,,then u must go halfcut find dy the thing..the thing very hard to find 1..

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
no lor... I just kept it in my toolbox, cos I switched to T5 red LED... so my satria now has interior lighting like a Waja... coming soon for Waja horn + siren :)

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hey guys.. my gf and i were turning it all day.. the rest could come out.. just dat stupid bulbs for the air con.. they just keep turning and turning... when u tug at it it just jams..

Milo33

Known Member
Dec 7, 2008
no lor... I just kept it in my toolbox, cos I switched to T5 red LED... so my satria now has interior lighting like a Waja... coming soon for Waja horn + siren :)
so terer..share some here ..:biggrin:

hey guys.. my gf and i were turning it all day.. the rest could come out.. just dat stupid bulbs for the air con.. they just keep turning and turning... when u tug at it it just jams..
there got 2 socket only ma..u take out 1 dy?
try turn many times and pull it out[depends on luck la]:rofl:..
i last time also keep turning until wan crazy dy..
luckily come out..:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need some help with my brakes. I want to disable the ABS to diagnose a problem, my local brake shop won't tell me how to do it because of insurance rules (I'm in Australia)
I have to figure out where the problem is, it seems no one here can help....since Proton left Australia some time ago, getting parts can be difficult.
Is there a relay under the bonnet that I can disable or remove for the purpose of the exercise, the fuse in the interior fuesbox also controls some other stuff so it has...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience