Hot Topic to discuss... no emotion just common sense

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Malaysia Motor Trader Association (MMTA) predict number of cars sold annually in the country is between 400-500,000.

a big percentage of that goes to KL alone. from WPA to WPQ now, there is at least 200,000 new vehicles in KL. These do not include cars with Selangor plates (registered whole 2006), or late WN plates (also 2006).

let's say, every year Klang Valley received 250,000 new vehicles, in 4 years time it would be 1 million.
do you all think KL roads can cope with those numbers? should the authority leave the matter just like that, or something should have been done in order to control the number of cars??

coz the way i see it...even motorcyclists will get stuck in traffic jams in a couple of years time...no way to squeeze in any more.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
KL roads are badly planned with no means of expansion unlike our neighbours in SG. Plus, in SG, they regulate the number of cars there. Here is free heaven. Very soon, we will become like TH and build 3 elevated highways. The traffic congestion in TH is so bad till people can actually bath themselves or have sexual activities with plenty of time to spare in their own cars.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Need to also know the figure of Wilayah cars being re-sold outside of the state, accidents, how many bought as 2nd/weekend car, bought in KL, used in Selangor. It's more fair to base the congestion on how many people actually drive in KL, not how many cars are sold.

IMO, the most effective way to reduce the congestion is to bring the focus of commerce, business and administration out of the city into other areas. In this sense, Putrajaya and the development of new areas like Puchong is actually a good foresight. If people don't have to go to KL for their activities, they just won't go there. Simple.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
KL..
nowdays really nightmare.. gone there nearly every week on weekday and week end also jam like hell.. dun know where the car from...
cars are getting more and more at kl even federal highway nowdayz become federal jamways.. very headache...

drMpower

May 1, 2006
yeah,

ABC is just spot on. there is no planning or forecasting what the number of vehicles might total in let say 10-20 years time. I wonder what Road Planning Unit in DBKL has done over this problem.

The city is just congested like hell. the number of people and the vehicles are surely to be atleast doubled. The Federal is such a pig during morning and afternoon rush time. its just unbelieveable.

Then Samy Vello will come out saying our roads are better than India's or Sri Lanka's and I bet you, he knows nothing about the roads there. atleast, India got no MRR2-like fly-over. The Government raise some billions RM by reducing petrol subsidies and a year ago, they promised to better the public transportation. remember?

Oii fella, just get out of there quickly or you'll die younger than you should be.. ahhahahahahahahaahaa

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
you only calclulated sale
how about those stolen, total lost, old car scrapped

it balanced

the increase will have..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i was working in KL in year 95.

no MRR2, no NKVE, no KESAS, no LDP

and the traffic jams was quite serious.

now, year 2006...many roads had been expanded, new road networks are built to link each other..but the situation barely changed. and the way i see it - there is hardly rooms for expansion.

cmng..r u saying that for every 100,000 new cars registered, there will be 100,000 other cars which would be stolen, written off or scrapped?? i think that is not making much sense.

and where are the genius in zth to discuss this?? it seems that many of us not interested to think forward to improve our way of lives...too bad

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
no la.. at least 100k new car
10k to 20k car scrapped , stolen

expect it increase but not just only ADD ADD ADD
might some Minus as well
might small but it do help to reduce

Ali_G

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
K.lumpur
Visit site
I don't think our 'G' really 100% focusing on traffic condition or road planing even road hospitality infrastruction. They might have a plan but not really Sophisticated plan. Even they promise to give best services on public transpotation...but yet till now, it still the same.
The most important is, the more we sell car, the more income they get.

Last edited:

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
i think there's not much choice here. how can the public not use their own cars/transport in KL? the public transport is to total fuck... the LRT? I work in KLCC and you should just come here and take a look when it's around 6pm. oh ya... for a transport system that took millions of our money to fail when there's heavy rain... and I kinda got bored of the line "oh no, the LRT got problem again" among my colleagues... so, you get the meaning. Anyway, i must agree to that the gov is really trying their best to keep us from driving... and that's by building them fucking booths to collect money.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
cmng said:
no la.. at least 100k new car
10k to 20k car scrapped , stolen

expect it increase but not just only ADD ADD ADD
might some Minus as well
might small but it do help to reduce
aha! there's more like it.... eh, every year got 40,000 cars stolen and scrapped kaa?? still ridiculous numbers (to consider 10% out of 400,000 new cars registration)

to Ali G and Antaras...can we keep low on condemning and give ideas instead??

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Our government said traffic jam is the symbol of big cities. We should believe everything out government says because they're some very smart ppl compare to monkeys.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys any wan got idea where can get brand new?full set with mirror and switch(prefer daihatsu swtich)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience