SMART tunnel sg besi uneven road

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
for the love of GOD....my kancil (adj susp but standard wheels n tyres) rattling inside that....that.....THING!!! :retarded:

No matter how bad the traffic jam was, is or going to....i'm not going back in there!!!

no sirrree! no more :retarded:

no one shall ever forced me :retarded:

I think i need a hug :retarded: :angry: :retarded:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
fuyooo...today i tested.....speachless............my ball also drop few inch liaw.....salute now need to get a new underwear to hold back my ball.....
Well, balls wanna to drop??
need any hanger to hang it or not??
now u know liao le...hahaha....
if not force to use, i will not use that so called as uneven for grip purpose...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
for the love of GOD....my kancil (adj susp but standard wheels n tyres) rattling inside that....that.....THING!!! :retarded:

No matter how bad the traffic jam was, is or going to....i'm not going back in there!!!

no sirrree! no more :retarded:

no one shall ever forced me :retarded:

I think i need a hug :retarded: :angry: :retarded:
anything drop from ur car..?
better check it lol...

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
Well, balls wanna to drop??
need any hanger to hang it or not??
now u know liao le...hahaha....
if not force to use, i will not use that so called as uneven for grip purpose...
i think that tunnel is good for us to tune our abs....we will know how hard is our abs and from there we can tune softer.....so there is a good reason y Malaysian Goverment build this tunnel

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
dis i hav to agree...!!! spend so much on makin da tunnel, but cant spend on nicer smoother concrete road...!!! rediculous...!!!

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
feels fine to me... stock standard car... lol...

but i just find that tunnel... waiting for accident to happen. U know..... there isn't any emergency lane, or whatever.... one bump... major catastrophe... kabooom!

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
just personally feels that
our malaysian people acted like they never see a tunnel before
and when they all go in
they felt different and the keep on complaining about it

i do agree that the smart tunnel is bumpy
because it's is cement surface~
and added with some other chemical
to make it long lasting and also for frictions as cars goes by
so it won;t be and ice skating rings as water go by la(logical sense)

tunnel uneven road...got blind conrners...exit not good la...
first thing first..stated 60km/h max
so if you are crusing at 60km/h.....it won;t be so bumpy...you could have enough time to brake if anything happens...
and you will have enough time to read the signboard because it's place 250m before the turn..and some people complaine..they added one more liek 1km before the exit junction
if you go more than 60km/h with super stiff absober and turning with great speed when you know it's blind coner...smarter la...pandai pandai la

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
haha.....I don't know bout your car...
but I tried 60km/h or lesser cos not familiar with the road.
Than I got fed up and wanted to finish the trip earlier cos I really really can't stand the bumpiness.

And by the way, If my car is going through a zebra-crossing-yellow-lined pavement; the faster I go the less bumpiness I feel with my absorber.

One more thing, is M'sian signboard ever so reliable?!....
I know I lost my ways couple of times because of M'sian signboard.
You saw a signboard at a junction. Say turn left to "X" destination. Than u saw the signboard is few metres after the junction; now question is should u turn at that particular junction?!......Seriously, till now I'm still not very sure.

I'm not that anti; but if they did the things right the very first time, than they wouldn't be any complaints. ALthough there still bound to be complaints; but lesser complaints I presume.

Btw, Tun Razak tunnel don't have that bumpy effect. Genting's old road tunnel also don't have that problem. Maybe it's like what all says, it's the chemical and cement surface that makes the whole stretch bumpy..... I don't know. But the fact is..............it's bumpy! At least that's my experience and point of view.

Sorry for those who disagree, maybe my suspension is really that bad. And if for those who used that road, you'll surely noticed the sudden left towards Cheras at the very last corner. Maybe it's my sense of directions. 250m for a car that's on 60km/h is a very short distance.
i.e. 1km per minute, 15 seconds for the 250m.

My suggestion is at the very beginning of the entrance should have lay the signboard. So cars coming in "might" stick to the right lane since the beginning. I say say "might" because we all know how most M'sian is at following rules.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
a lot of comments on Paul Tan's Blog:
SMART Tunnel Videos

maybe I'm just another typical M'sian.

Yeap I guessed the reason behind the concrete flooring and tarred flooring is because of water absorbent issue. But I think most are not really concerned bout the bumpiness but the safety......

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
julian, that tunnel itself IS the emergency exist (for flash flood), so you don't need an emergency exist for an emergency exist itself. LOL.

okay, I just went today, better try it before Gov start collect toll fee, tried the Sungai Besi -> Jln Tun Razak tunnel, most likely the middle deck.

Many of us did complain about the cement uneven surface, from my point of view, it's there because
1. Uneven surface so that you won't speed 99 in the tunnel, I found it okay if you constantly travel in 60KM/H. So it's for safety reason.

2. The smart tunnel middle deck has the lowest height in overall if I'm not mistaken, you just can't bring the big machine (those I saw in PLUS highway are big and HUGE) in to do normal road tar.

Driver attitude I notice in the tunnel

1. Seem like me and the VIOS follow at my back are the only 2 vehicles travel at 60KM/H in the tunnel. Every cars overtake us easily.

2. There is a Perdana make a last minute swing at the SMART tunnel entrance and it even hit the plastic pole. What he has in his mind?

3. Some cars didn't turn on the main beam.

Thing to improve for SMART tunnel,
1. Overhead signboard (exist name) place after the junction. WTF is this? and who is the great designer for this? SMART tunnel did put some small standing signboard to indicate the left and right exist (Bukit Bintang and Jln Tun Razak i went today). The permanent overhead signboards shall place it many meters ahead before the junction, this will help

a. Get the driver prepared and stay in the correct lane earlier.
b. No last minute swing at the tunnel, which may prompt for accident.
c. Smoother traffic without all the lane changing.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
yeap....early notification.......

btw, my car have to drive fast than not that bumpy......
kekekeke.........car suspension not the same.

but tell you guys the truth, my normal city driving habits is 80km/h and below.
only sped occasional when I'm really really late or in a very bad mood....

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Make that 49 years, 8 months and 22 days! HAHAHA!
Yeah, to be exact. hahaha That empty headed samy f'kin-velu is just full of crap nonsense and shit like that. Oh, his skin color kinda resembles that of a piece of shit too, a piece of shit that is left under the sun to dry.

hahaha...satria....agreed with u...49 year of independence....49 years of problem....
49 years of bullshit too. haha

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
sshhhh.......so early in the morning still wanna kutuk the G'ment....
hahaa...
than u take over,
I'm finally going to bed and will wake up in another 5hrs time to work.....
*yawn*

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
i drove thru this tunnel last nite... all i can say is... DON'T SPEED.. dangerous... !@#!@@#!#.... doubt the road surface can offer enough traction for the rubbers during emergency braking....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all

I will be coming back to malaysia soon. I have Rm300k to spend for cars.
Actually I need 2 cars once im back in Malaysia. 1 for daily driving and the other for weekend car.
Im always a big fan of 2 doors car. I would appreciate if you guys can recommend me a 2 doors car that are available in Malaysia within that budget. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience