Carburetor Section

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
oitz oitz, im back, btw, you mentioned listen to kncoking sound, how to know whether the sound is knocking or anot?? cause now my FC getting from worst to worst..... btw, im using my standard carb that came with the car yeah...daihatsu charade 1.3 carb :D

samor with the sound of my exhaust, its even harder to listen to the knocking sound rite? does the engine goes kock kock kock or what is the sound like?? cureenltly doing around <300KM's per full tank. timing i also dunno how much advance it is, but erm, does retarding it have any effect on FC??

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
dcnf 36

hello everyone, i'm new in this forum just want to ask a few question..

1. has anyone heard a weber dcnf 36? i got a friend selling it to me including the tapak(4g91) and the filter..can anyone tell me more about it? i only heard dcnf40.

2. bolting this weber into my 4g91...will my hp increase (1hp up is also considered as increased right) what i mean is big increase?

3. do i need to change the internal parts to a high perfomance parts(conrod, gasket, piston bla2...) when i bolt this weber?

thanks....any comments pls...

pic as below:

-JW-

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
hi guys ... im driving a 89' corolla se..just like that pic in alantan post.. its original engine is a 1.6 carb and i used twin webber 45DCOE carbs..fuuhhhh damnn cun.. no cut-offs just burn rubber!!!! now using 4AGE 20v, also cun BUT i miss my webbers!!!!
p/s the only problem with webbers is very hard to find people that can tune..

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
-JW- said:
hi guys ... im driving a 89' corolla se..just like that pic in alantan post.. its original engine is a 1.6 carb and i used twin webber 45DCOE carbs..fuuhhhh damnn cun.. no cut-offs just burn rubber!!!! now using 4AGE 20v, also cun BUT i miss my webbers!!!!
p/s the only problem with webbers is very hard to find people that can tune..
weber ur 4age hehe :_:

cybreed

olSkool
Nov 8, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
www.randomshutter.com
MKMD428 said:
hello everyone, i'm new in this forum just want to ask a few question..

1. has anyone heard a weber dcnf 36? i got a friend selling it to me including the tapak(4g91) and the filter..can anyone tell me more about it? i only heard dcnf40.

2. bolting this weber into my 4g91...will my hp increase (1hp up is also considered as increased right) what i mean is big increase?

3. do i need to change the internal parts to a high perfomance parts(conrod, gasket, piston bla2...) when i bolt this weber?
1. go to http://www.redlineweber.com for more information

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]2. yes you will get an increase depending on the condition of your motor and setup of your fueling & firing it varies from 5% to 20% increase. (this infor was email to me from redlined weber basing on a standard motor without any other mods)

3. for DCNF, mostlikely not. But upgrade exchaust system, intake and firing would be good to improve performance. the internals can be modded if you want. But ppl only do it if they are running DCOE's.

Last edited:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
well, no matter what carb you are running on, the internals could be changed, but wether it suits your pocket then its a different story larr...

but anywayz, nice weber there...... ;)

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
cybreed said:
1. go to http://www.redlineweber.com for more information

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]2. yes you will get an increase depending on the condition of your motor and setup of your fueling & firing it varies from 5% to 20% increase. (this infor was email to me from redlined weber basing on a standard motor without any other mods)

3. for DCNF, mostlikely not. But upgrade exchaust system, intake and firing would be good to improve performance. the internals can be modded if you want. But ppl only do it if they are running DCOE's.
tq bro.....tqtq very much...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
waiiiiii... how can carburater section come to 2nd page wan ???? bump !!!!! ahahahaa..

anyway want ask .. got soemthing in my head ..
we carb users ... the carb is sumthin like auto mix the air/fuel bla bla wan rite?
not like EFI got ecu to control ...
tats why carb not as fast as EFI .. rite?

so if tats the case... isnt it better if we install adjustable fuel pressure regulator ..? or its not true ...

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
taikor nitrus, I'm not a sifu in carbuetion technology lar... If i say anything wrong dont bomb me ok..... hehe

carburetors' amount of air/fuel mixture can be controlled manually by using the air/fuel ratio screw which most carburetor has... If u want to go more deeply with carb, there's a thing call the jettings.. (I'm not sure whether other carbs have this, but Weber does)... These jettings would also determine the amount of air and fuel entering ur combustion chamber..

As for comparison with EFI, I never compare them both because personally i think we came from two worlds.... EFI is electronic while carburetors are mechanical... Is unfair to compare both... Just like comparing a petrol-run engine n flintstone car.. hehehehe

If wrong dont tembak ha.... Me still learn learn around here
cheers

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
nitrus said:
so if tats the case... isnt it better if we install adjustable fuel pressure regulator ..? or its not true ...
well I read somewhere once a person used a fuel regulator for his weber 4-throttle he said there is a constant flow & preasure of petrol :_:

jcn9690

1,000 RPM
Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
cookie said:
well I read somewhere once a person used a fuel regulator for his weber 4-throttle he said there is a constant flow & preasure of petrol :_:
really??
i should give sume try..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The countdown has begun for 2007-2008 Japan Car of the Year (JCOTY) and so far it’s all going pretty much as expected.
JCOTY is Japan’s most prestigious gong and jurors start out by picking their “10 Best” from a big list of eligible cars.

You probably won’t be too surprised to learn that that 10 Best list includes cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Honda Fit (Jazz), Mazda...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience