Urgent*: Where to find 4G15 ori carburetor

Oct 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Kena potong by a workshop that changed my ori 4G15 carburetor to a china made carburetor. At first idling high which was adjusted back, then now the car can die by itself and cannot start back. Brought to my trusted mechanic which claims is the carburetor problem but the "potong" workshop says its not the carburetor's problem giving 101 excuses.

Anyhow long story cut short i need a replacement 4G15 carburetor to replace the china version but mech can't source for it. Can anybody point me to where I can get it urgently! Thanks!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
My advice, change the whole engine or fuel system.

My 4G13 carb got problem last time. I ask for the ori carb price, I was quoted 800. Serious???!!!!

At last I bought the whole fuel injection system from a used engine. Costed me around 1k. Then convert the whole engine to EFI (MPI in proton's language). The labour cost about 500.

In the end, works like a gem. It's still torque-less as shit, but definitely a noticeable gain in torque and huge gain in FC. When using carb, RM70 for 280 - 300 km. Using EFI, RM 70 for 400 - 440 km. Return of investment in one and a half years.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
try at "mudah"
rm200-230 for 12v engine...piston type
eceli..carb is still good to maintain...as long as it is in good condition..and your engine in good condition as well
but i agree too...efi is better for fc

Oct 10, 2013
As far as i know, original stock carburetor for Lancer 1989-1992 engine 4G15 12 valve is Aisan Variable Venturi. It have 3 screws :
- air-fuel mixture screw
- main jet adjusting screw
- idle adjusting screw
What the heck did he think he was putting in the tank? Gear oil is very thick and heavy, so the fuel pump may have a problem as it is meant to pump gas, which is not thick and heavy like gear oil. There was probably some gear oil in the tank while the pump was operating, and it pumped some gear oil for a short time, which damaged it. Insist that the 'mechanic' replace the fuel pump at no cost to you ,and find a new mechanic for future repairs.

---------

Last edited by a moderator:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Sifu sifu out there,
Currently my fuel consumption is high and after reviewing my dyno graph my air/fuel ratio for an NA car is fluctuating from 12:1 to 10+:1 ratio which is running too rich for an NA auto myvi 1.3

Was wondering if anyone could suggest me on either Apexi S-Afc neo or Dastek unichip Q as an mod to tune my air/fuel ratio. The pros and cons of this two products on our myvi.
This is because I was offered a good price for a set of used Unichip Q and was wondering if I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience