Tire Price list Zth

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro vr2turbo, I'm currently would need some assistance from u regarding tyres availability for a car of mine. I'm looking for a set of 4 pcs tyres replacement (brand new) for it & can't seem to get those reputable brands of tyres. The size is 205/40/17 & currently the ride is fitted with Yokohama A.Drive R1 rubbers & it's due for replacement.

I only managed to get recommendations from tyres shops as well online forum members for brands like Kingforest, Neuton NT5000, Achilles ATR Sport & Maxxis Z1. Hmmm....... I would like some recommendations from u bro as well places to get it with reasonable prices.

Thanks in advance bro!
Bro. nd4,
205/40R17 really much less choices. 205/45R17 then have more.
Either use back A-Drive R1 or try NT5000. ATR Sports 2 also do not have in your size...:banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I think if Vr2turbo, opens a tyre shop, his shop will be packed like mad :rofl: and have a Counter written "Tyre Consultant" Consultation fees RM30. After Consultation, purchase 1 set of tyres, Consultation FOC :laugh:

To know which is the best place to buy tyres, u can choose from the price list of all tyres in all sizes and a few brands.
Yah! will eat bread and water only. Charge time no business :bawling:......hahahahaha:biggrin:

Willi3

Apr 29, 2012
Selangor
I did mention in previous post, that the Hankook V12 Evo do not have your size...
haha i mean.. S1Evo tyre.....i rather trust the words of the sifu here then to listen to the ones at the shops...some just cant help pushing off their stuff for clearance or to hit target...

I think if Vr2turbo, opens a tyre shop, his shop will be packed like mad :rofl: and have a Counter written "Tyre Consultant" Consultation fees RM30. After Consultation, purchase 1 set of tyres, Consultation FOC :laugh:

To know which is the best place to buy tyres, u can choose from the price list of all tyres in all sizes and a few brands.
Haha...well lets buy him a drink then...wont cost that much but at least its a start..:burnout:

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Bro. nd4,
205/40R17 really much less choices. 205/45R17 then have more.
Either use back A-Drive R1 or try NT5000. ATR Sports 2 also do not have in your size...:banghead:
Thanks for your prompt reply bro! Hmmm...... I've been using A.Drive R1 for the past 8 years when it was 1st available in Malaysia market. Thought of giving it a change to other brands as seldom drive the car nowadays & it's up for sale actually!

Errr..... what do u think about the Maxxis Z1 tyres? They are made in Thailand & not bad for its price quoted to me recently bro.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha i mean.. S1Evo tyre.....i rather trust the words of the sifu here then to listen to the ones at the shops...some just cant help pushing off their stuff for clearance or to hit target...

Haha...well lets buy him a drink then...wont cost that much but at least its a start..:burnout:
In the forum got all sorts. Last time tested S-Drive. For my VR, works well, Good grip dry and wet. Then friend driving Honda CT followed and fitted in 15" format. He too found it to be good, then another in Mazda also use and found it to be good. Then got one fellow I think he fitted to his Conti car but did not like it, then complain in another forum say we work for Yoko...wtf. Never make money some kena left and right. We are here to give feedback only, so far all work well on Jap car, so don't work on Conti not our fault....ha! ha!

Oh! S1Evo, yah is good, only ride a bit bumpier as I know sidewall is harder then V12...

No problem, you free we yamcha. Bro. SF got meet up sometimes.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Thanks for your prompt reply bro! Hmmm...... I've been using A.Drive R1 for the past 8 years when it was 1st available in Malaysia market. Thought of giving it a change to other brands as seldom drive the car nowadays & it's up for sale actually!

Errr..... what do u think about the Maxxis Z1 tyres? They are made in Thailand & not bad for its price quoted to me recently bro.
Wah! 8 years, rubber compound harden already. A-Drive R1 is durable tyre, not so much of performance.
Maxxis Z1 Victra is one of their top range tyres, but some mentioned hard ride and if wear is uneven becomes very noisy. Check whether they have MA i-pro or Pro R-1. Seems these are much quieter and newer models... Website do mention having 205/40R17 size.... Pattern design one thing not so aggressive....

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Got new tires now...Good Year Assurance Triplemax tyres...claim to be able to stop 2 meter shorter than other tyres on wet...
Hmmm....if it is good on wet, doesnt mean it is gonna be good on dry....

But is a mid range tyre though. Just wonder how long those thin sipes gonna last there...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Got new tires now...Good Year Assurance Triplemax tyres...claim to be able to stop 2 meter shorter than other tyres on wet...

But is a mid range tyre though. Just wonder how long those thin sipes gonna last there...

my verdict....an improved version of NCT5

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Fine Print:-
*** Compared to the average performance of 2 leading competitors. Braking distance on wet road from 80km/h to 20km/h, measured by TÜV SÜD Automotive in November 2012;Tire Size: 205 /55 R16 -91V. Test Car: Toyota Auris; Location: FAKT Memmingen, Germany; Report No. 76250397***

Not against UHP tyres...heh! heh!

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Seems lots of negative feedback on NCT5...
Brother, NCT5 poor grip after 50%. but most tyres in that category is like that. Probably maybe a lot using NCT5 because comes OE on a lot of cars....:smokin:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Looking for 175/50/13 UHP tyres. Anyone can recommend or point me to where I can get a set. Maybe perhaps the Yokohama A539?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah! seldom see this size. Try checking with YHI International for Yokohama but I don't see A539 pattern

Willi3

Apr 29, 2012
Selangor
In the forum got all sorts. Last time tested S-Drive. For my VR, works well, Good grip dry and wet. Then friend driving Honda CT followed and fitted in 15" format. He too found it to be good, then another in Mazda also use and found it to be good. Then got one fellow I think he fitted to his Conti car but did not like it, then complain in another forum say we work for Yoko...wtf. Never make money some kena left and right. We are here to give feedback only, so far all work well on Jap car, so don't work on Conti not our fault....ha! ha!

Oh! S1Evo, yah is good, only ride a bit bumpier as I know sidewall is harder then V12...

No problem, you free we yamcha. Bro. SF got meet up sometimes.....:driver:

Haha...SF? means sifu?...abit short on the shortform...Well i never once seen a complain on S-Drive except for being noisy that also no forum complain just the tyres shop ppl...other than that its a damn good tyre it seems... Sorry to hear that bro... maybe conti car are heavier..thats why not suited their car?.....hmm...yea my ride is quite harsh already with the eibach spring and stock abs...45 would definitely not going make it easier... i guess im down to toyo or yoko then...michellin and continental are so exp!...:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Fine Print:-
*** Compared to the average performance of 2 leading competitors. Braking distance on wet road from 80km/h to 20km/h, measured by TÜV SÜD Automotive in November 2012;Tire Size: 205 /55 R16 -91V. Test Car: Toyota Auris; Location: FAKT Memmingen, Germany; Report No. 76250397***

Not against UHP tyres...heh! heh!

Brother, NCT5 poor grip after 50%. but most tyres in that category is like that. Probably maybe a lot using NCT5 because comes OE on a lot of cars....:smokin:
Not sure is because the BLM is light at the rear, but XM2 tyres doesnt grip well on the rear while taking corners a little faster. Just tyre screeching but not skidding :top:

But is okay on normal drive though...

Should fair better against NCT5 :biggrin:

Threadwear still a lot though.

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Wah! 8 years, rubber compound harden already. A-Drive R1 is durable tyre, not so much of performance.
Maxxis Z1 Victra is one of their top range tyres, but some mentioned hard ride and if wear is uneven becomes very noisy. Check whether they have MA i-pro or Pro R-1. Seems these are much quieter and newer models... Website do mention having 205/40R17 size.... Pattern design one thing not so aggressive....
No No, bro what I meant is I've been fitting A.Drive R1 tyres onto my rides since 8 years ago when it was 1st available in our Malaysia market. Not been using the same set of tyres for the past 8 years! Hahahaha......

I'm still considering whether should I keep the 17" on my ride or swap it with 16" perhaps? I'm actually using the car for now as sold one of my other cars recently.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha...SF? means sifu?...abit short on the shortform...Well i never once seen a complain on S-Drive except for being noisy that also no forum complain just the tyres shop ppl...other than that its a damn good tyre it seems... Sorry to hear that bro... maybe conti car are heavier..thats why not suited their car?.....hmm...yea my ride is quite harsh already with the eibach spring and stock abs...45 would definitely not going make it easier... i guess im down to toyo or yoko then...michellin and continental are so exp!...:banghead:
Actually I mean Bro. Supra_Fanatics, SF for short.....hahahahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Not sure is because the BLM is light at the rear, but XM2 tyres doesnt grip well on the rear while taking corners a little faster. Just tyre screeching but not skidding :top:

But is okay on normal drive though...

Should fair better against NCT5 :biggrin:

Threadwear still a lot though.
Aiyah! entry level is entry level, don't hope for UHP performance....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

No No, bro what I meant is I've been fitting A.Drive R1 tyres onto my rides since 8 years ago when it was 1st available in our Malaysia market. Not been using the same set of tyres for the past 8 years! Hahahaha......

I'm still considering whether should I keep the 17" on my ride or swap it with 16" perhaps? I'm actually using the car for now as sold one of my other cars recently.
Oh! okay, noted brother. Means you have been changing A-drive R1 all the while.....:driver:

Last edited:

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Oh! okay, noted brother. Means you have been changing A-drive R1 all the while.....:driver:
Yeah bro, I've been changing new sets of A.Drive R1 for my 17" ride. Btw, I managed to get GT Radial Champiro HPX size 205/40/17 year 2012 for RM180 each. Is it worth it? Managed to sourced it from a close friend of mine in Subang & providing 1 year warranty for the tyres if anything goes wrong with manufacturing defects.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I guess this has already been discussed in the forum ages ago.
Couldnt seem to find the thread, so I decided to start a new one.

Anyway, here is my question.

I am looking for a reliable bodykit shop which has the following qualities:-
a) Charge reasonable price
b) Excellent workmanship
c) Nice & Friendly staff/workers
d) Located around KL
e) Various material available (ABS, PU, fiber etc)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience