Tesco Engine Oil Sales is on

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
I bought Castrol Magnatec from Tesco yesterday as well. Couldn't find the plastic/aluminium seal inside, and my mechanic said it should be fake. But I saw some threads people are saying it is normal for engine oils sold in Tesco and Carrefour to have no seal?

Isn't the whole reason some of us buy from Tesco/Carrefour is because we believe that they will not sell fake oils?

Below is pic where you can see there is really no seal!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'll let my engine shake it..
And my engine temperature are worse that any temperature outside it..
:rofl:

Mine August 2012...still new...
No, because the addictives might drop to the bottom.
If u pour it in, some of the addictives might not be in some part of the engine.
And some parts might get a lot :rofl:

In another forum/topic, there was a discussion on oil expiry date, but no one can come out with an actual answer whether have or not?

Yea. But some manufacturers say it's 5 years.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Interesting...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I bought Castrol Magnatec from Tesco yesterday as well. Couldn't find the plastic/aluminium seal inside, and my mechanic said it should be fake. But I saw some threads people are saying it is normal for engine oils sold in Tesco and Carrefour to have no seal?

Isn't the whole reason some of us buy from Tesco/Carrefour is because we believe that they will not sell fake oils?

Yup, oil from EU do not have the internal seal....
Is not fake, Tesco as a MNC will not sell fake stuffs. Anyway, many have used and go back for some more...

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Wrote a mail to Castrol Malaysia on Monday 20th May 2013 no reply to date. A bit disappointed at their response, or lack thereof.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wrote a mail to Castrol Malaysia on Monday 20th May 2013 no reply to date. A bit disappointed at their response, or lack thereof.
They cannot do anything because oil not from Castrol Malaysia. Same goes for Shell and Mobil.

The Castrol Edge 0w-40 I got for my colleague was at RM139, Castrol selling RM200 plus

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No choice but to trust them. The Tesco PIC also told me memang they don't have the inner seal.
Should be ok la, the bottle cap is already like a seal anyway. The Mobil 1 bottle is sealed though with additional plastic cap cause the bottle is one with the goose neck extension type.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should be ok la, the bottle cap is already like a seal anyway. The Mobil 1 bottle is sealed though with additional plastic cap cause the bottle is one with the goose neck extension type.
Only problem without the internal seals is sometimes it leaks.....:mad:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Too bad Tesco isn't selling 5w30... I wonder if 5w40 runs good in 3sz-ve? Coz when promotion their oil is really worthy..castrol edge RM139 or 149... So tempting haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HYE CFU'S OUT THERE...help me wit dis..im a studnt n want 2 save my bujet on dis.
ive buy a pair of subaru seats with railings..how to modified to fit in wira?
i hope cfu's can help me..

help me dunt let me down....hehehehe
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience