And It's My Turn

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Turbohead

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Perak
Today while at work my home alarm phoned me for the first time in so many years. I immediately headed for home with a friend and arrived less than 5 minutes later. Saw the gates opened so we called police on the spot since we didn't know whether the person inside was armed. However, his accomplice nearby saw us and immediately signaled him to come out. Then we started a car chase :driver:. Too bad I was driving my 2-tonne heavy Mercedes Benz and not the lighter Evo so wasn't able to catch up to their BMW 1-series. We headed back to check on things and waited for the police to arrive. They took finger prints and statements as usual. Here's the better part:

1. The BMW 1-series belongs to a family living in the same Taman as mine in Ipoh.
2. The car was reported stolen the night before in KL.

What kind of thieves would drive a stolen car back to its owner's location and try to steal something in the same neighbourhood (especially in Ipoh where everyone knows almost everyone)? Not to mention that there aren't too many 1-series in the whole state of Perak.

Anyway, with the few minutes the guy had in my house, he managed to take the following:

1. The house alarm control panel :confused:;
2. Some keys;
3. A gold necklace (worth around RM1k);
4. An empty box which my wife used as a stool :confused:

There's nearly no cash in the house (Evo owners are usually broke anyway). And the guy didn't find my Evo key.

To my uninvited guest (if you're educated enough to read):

You are a good looking young man. Your ability of squeezing yourself through the small gap at the main gate with such speed and a big box in your hands should qualify you for Olympic. Therefore, please try to do something useful in your life by utilizing your fully functional arms and legs instead of breaking into people's houses to get easy fortune. Nothing is free in this world. The lighting nearly struck you today and you're lucky to get away. However, lighting does and will strike. It's just a matter of when.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What keys did they take? Better be careful with those and change all the locks related to those keys.
Lucky not much loss for you there.

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
Sad to hear. Haiz..
Can tell detail how the guy manage to get back to the car and car chase scene?
Chinese, Malay or indian?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Sorry for the loss bro..U must hv hide the keys to the evo in a well hidden place..Lol..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
What kinda world are we living in these days. :( sorry to hear about it bro. They might return, so be very alert.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
There's nearly no cash in the house (Evo owners are usually broke anyway)!!

CLASSIC.....

Turbohead

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Perak
What keys did they take? Better be careful with those and change all the locks related to those keys.
Some keys to my other residence and the locks had already been changed afterwards.

Sad to hear. Haiz..
Can tell detail how the guy manage to get back to the car and car chase scene?
Chinese, Malay or indian?
I can tell you the guy's fast. It took me just under five minutes to reach the house so the time he spent searching for things must be around 3. However, he was able to go through almost every drawer and every room in the house. His accomplice was waiting nearby and honked him to come out after seeing me. The front gate was pulled open by force and the gap was barely enough for a man to slip through without carrying things. Maybe he had oiled himself with lubricant beforehand.

Not much to tell about the car chase except that the BMW was more powerful and it somehow managed to fly through a busy junction which we had to stop at for traffic. That's how we lost it. It could be a different story if I was driving another car.

U must hv hide the keys to the evo in a well hidden place.
Yup. Well hidden. Need not say more.

They might return, so be very alert.
Alarm system has been replaced and all gates strengthen with new locks. It's kind of like buying an umbrella after the rain has stopped but you can never be too careful.

Hi Bro. im from Ipoh too.. which Taman u r ?
I'd better not say it here. However, judging from your "limau" location, we might be close enough. :biggrin:

There's nearly no cash in the house (Evo owners are usually broke anyway)
CLASSIC.....
It's not only classic but it's also a FACT!

Anyway, the police told me this morning that they have an idea on who those people were. It seems like the Chinese guy that I saw was on bail for a previous case. From here you can tell that these people are rotten down to the bones.

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Hey bro, advice that you invest a bit in getting a set of smart home + smart security system installed. With the security nowadays, it won't be long that before we need to carry fire arms just to feel safe.

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Bro,

Sorry to hear about this incident.

I would venture a guess that those guys were attracted to your house due to your Evo, since they have a taste for acquiring exotic cars...
So my advice is: drive your evo to work daily, some more 5 minutes away only!

V6TT86

Known Member
Jan 20, 2008
Subang Jaya
'The car was reported stolen the night before IN KL'. So they must be thinking the owner lives in kl. And it should be safe for them to use the car for a robbery in ipoh.

Turbohead

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Perak
'The car was reported stolen the night before IN KL'. So they must be thinking the owner lives in kl. And it should be safe for them to use the car for a robbery in ipoh.
I think the thieves were familiar with the area. Otherwise, how could they have recognized me? When I reached the house I didn't stop directly in front of it but instead parked a few houses away to call the police. Yet the accomplice recognized my car and went to pick up the guy right away. They knew the area and they knew their target.

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
I think the thieves were familiar with the area. Otherwise, how could they have recognized me? When I reached the house I didn't stop directly in front of it but instead parked a few houses away to call the police. Yet the accomplice recognized my car and went to pick up the guy right away. They knew the area and they knew their target.
so, maybe your neighbour???

syong888

Known Member
Dec 15, 2008
Sorry for your lost bro...

Turbohead

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Perak
Are they the same criminals that broke into your house?
I would suppose so. The district police called and informed me of the news. I then read the news and found that most of the details matched those in my case. However, in my case they didn't use the slingshot but the door bell instead to find out whether there was anyone in the house. My neighbour didn't want to have a door bell installed because of this concern.

Now let's hope the laws would do justice. See? Lighting does strike.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all the taiko everywhere... I need som help fro mu guys... My friend recently bought an EVO 3 engine to be fitted into his perdana V6. However, his foreman said EVO 3 is not a plug n play engine into a perdana V6. He sayd some modification needs to be done on the engine.

The item he has at the moment:
1) Engine lantai complete
-engine E3
-gearbox E3
-injectors 510cc
-intake manifold n throttle body E3
-Intercooler and piping E3
-turbo TD05 big compressor 16g E3

2) wiring and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience