Tesco Brand Engine Oil

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys,

Anyone tried Tesco FS 5w-40 Engine oil before? I have used their Semi before, nothing much but was very cheap. Never tried their FS as all this while quite expensive. Now on offer at RM39.90 for 1L free 1L, and that comes to only RM79.80 for 4L. Not sure to try or not....:smokin:

By the way, they are have sales of Shell Helix 5w-40 4L FS at RM149, Total Quartz FS 5w-40 5L at RM149 and Total Quartz SS, 5L at RM69.90

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I was on Tesco FS last few month when failed to catch on with Mobil1 promo. Felt nothing different from Mobil1, performed just as good.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I saw the total SS 5L going for RM69.90 also...worth it man!

I guess Tesco oil won't be too bad since they are getting it from some oil manufacturers. Remember the semi that I bought? Seiki brand. Not bad..no complain from me when it was being used in my wira. But normal driving lah

awan88

Known Member
Feb 27, 2010
Klang Bukit Raj
Hi guys,

Anyone tried Tesco FS 5w-40 Engine oil before? I have used their Semi before, nothing much but was very cheap. Never tried their FS as all this while quite expensive. Now on offer at RM39.90 for 1L free 1L, and that comes to only RM79.80 for 4L. Not sure to try or not....:smokin:

By the way, they are have sales of Shell Helix 5w-40 4L FS at RM149, Total Quartz FS 5w-40 5L at RM149 and Total Quartz SS, 5L at RM69.90
greeting vr, i did use the tesco ss once before with campro waja engine, its perform well, better than hyrax ss oil, even with hard driving, i think its perform more like shell helix oil. ty

awan88

Known Member
Feb 27, 2010
Klang Bukit Raj
Tesco stuffs are actually not bad. but not sure on their engine oil, tempted to try it rather than
getting those fake branded oil at spare parts shop.
agreed with you, but tesco isnt make their own oil, i think it must be from some factory who know which it from?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
agreed with you, but tesco isnt make their own oil, i think it must be from some factory who know which it from?
As far as I know from Singapore....

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Hahah nice

VR, lets buy together. Almost time to do oil change.
Cheaper then Bardahl woh! RM80 only...but no stocks right, in Kepong? Better try other outlets...

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I saw the total SS 5L going for RM69.90 also...worth it man!

I guess Tesco oil won't be too bad since they are getting it from some oil manufacturers. Remember the semi that I bought? Seiki brand. Not bad..no complain from me when it was being used in my wira. But normal driving lah
Yah! was thinking of the Total SS at RM69.90 and is for 5L woh.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I was on Tesco FS last few month when failed to catch on with Mobil1 promo. Felt nothing different from Mobil1, performed just as good.
greeting vr, i did use the tesco ss once before with campro waja engine, its perform well, better than hyrax ss oil, even with hard driving, i think its perform more like shell helix oil. ty
Thanks....:adore:

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Tesco stuffs are actually not bad. but not sure on their engine oil, tempted to try it rather than
Exactly, getting fake on imitation oil will be worse....:banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
unker try 1st....then review it here. if good I might also give it a try.
You mean the Tesco FS or Quartz SS. Tesco FS, bro. SC went to Kepong outlet only 1 bottle left....:smokin:
I might buy the Quartz SS, because Tiggo needs 5L so no need use 2 bottles...:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's a good point that makes me wonder for awhile for using Bardahl and Lexus FS from spare part shop. Some said they get Lexus FS for RM140 but I got it for only RM90. Not sure they kena slaughter or I actually got an imitation one. But this sparepart shop so far is quite reputable. I guess should be fine. So far no complain from me as well. Very smooth and nice to use.

But if Tesco is cheaper, maybe can try instead of using Perodua EO for my Fish and Deer

unker try 1st....then review it here. if good I might also give it a try.
:laugh: LMAO!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Drop by to Tesco Puchong at 4pm. Tesco FS left two 1L bottles and Total Quartz SS shelf is empty.....:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings to all, *
If any readers are contemplating a BMW or already owning a BMW, please allow me to share my experience. Below is my email to BMW Malaysia.. *

-Quote- *

I purchased the above vehicle as pre-reg unit from Ingress Auto early 2012. I was initially sceptical on buying a used vehicle *but after the salesperson convinced me that the vehicle comes with a 5 year warranty and free maintenance, I went ahead with the purchase. Additionally, BMW's distinction in its Customer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience