Lancer GT alignment values

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Dear all,

Would like to ask what are the values you are using on the alignment of your car? Currently i am running slight all toe in all 4 wheels around (tuned by the tire guy), camber and castor untouched at all. However, many tire guys informed me that the rear camber readings of my GT is not negative enough, affecting cornering stability, keep suggesting me to change to adjustable rear camber kit so they can adjust it. Normally i know they will try to con people to buy the front camber bolts.

My reading as per below:

Front Left Front Right
Toe +0.5 +0.3
Camber - 0.8 - 0.5

Rear Left Rear Right
Toe +0.7 +0.7
Camber - 0.4 - 0.3

So peeps, do these values are good? These are so called "custom" figures for my alignment, the car and steering drives straight but while on the highway, the car can slightly pull to the left as the crown of Malaysian roads. Cornering still fun though.

I would like to hear your opinion :)

Last edited:
Hello..

For my Lancer GLS, I set 0,0,0,0 for Daily Drive.
At times, I just set -0.5 Front Camber... Toe and Rear all 0,0

For Sepang Track.. I did a conservative -1.5 for front... Camber Toe in -1 only
Rear 0,0 (Although my track friends recommend Toe out a little for better cornering traction)

So far am happy with conservative settings... And yes, with SemiSlicks and -1.5 Camber, it will follow the gradient of the road to the left and right.

For Lancer so far, touge with 0,0,0,0 is still fun and road grips are all ok. Just make sure the tires are well taken cared off, not bloated or eaten one side.

You bought camber kit for the rear?
Front, Camber bolts are good enough. Just make sure you always check them as some cheap bolts easily loosen.

Hello..

For my Lancer GLS, I set 0,0,0,0 for Daily Drive.
At times, I just set -0.5 Front Camber... Toe and Rear all 0,0

For Sepang Track.. I did a conservative -1.5 for front... Camber Toe in -1 only
Rear 0,0 (Although my track friends recommend Toe out a little for better cornering traction)

So far am happy with conservative settings... And yes, with SemiSlicks and -1.5 Camber, it will follow the gradient of the road to the left and right.

For Lancer so far, touge with 0,0,0,0 is still fun and road grips are all ok. Just make sure the tires are well taken cared off, not bloated or eaten one side.

You bought camber kit for the rear?
Front, Camber bolts are good enough. Just make sure you always check them as some cheap bolts easily loosen.

Hi,

Do you feel the car will fishtail sometimes when going through long bends ? I never experienced this until my last alignment, i toed the rear at +0.7 ... The previous settings was +0.04 ... Which can be said 0 toe ...

Dear all,

Would like to ask what are the values you are using on the alignment of your car? Currently i am running slight all toe in all 4 wheels around (tuned by the tire guy), camber and castor untouched at all. However, many tire guys informed me that the rear camber readings of my GT is not negative enough, affecting cornering stability, keep suggesting me to change to adjustable rear camber kit so they can adjust it. Normally i know they will try to con people to buy the front camber bolts.

My reading as per below:

Front Left Front Right
Toe +0.5 +0.3
Camber - 0.8 - 0.5

Rear Left Rear Right
Toe +0.7 +0.7
Camber - 0.4 - 0.3

So peeps, do these values are good? These are so called "custom" figures for my alignment, the car and steering drives straight but while on the highway, the car can slightly pull to the left as the crown of Malaysian roads. Cornering still fun though.

I would like to hear your opinion :)

If you did electronic wheel alignment, the machine should have your OEM specification. Only if you do not wish to follow then adjust accordingly.
However I agree with bro. johnsonlam that for daily drive don't set too negative camber if not you will get more tyre wear on the inside.
Base on your posted figures the front looks ok, but the rears seems to toe in too much for a slight -ve camber

Hi,

Do you feel the car will fishtail sometimes when going through long bends ? I never experienced this until my last alignment, i toed the rear at +0.7 ... The previous settings was +0.04 ... Which can be said 0 toe ...

Hmm.. Not really. I always wanted the tail to be more lighter.

What I experienced before is in Sepang Turn 6 (Big long right turn)... It was raining and I slided out.. But that is more towards my tires where not so grippy.

Toe out +0.5 - 1.0 is still kinda ok, you should feel it turning easier.
Just check on your tire wear..

What tires are you using? Is Lancer GT still comes with Yokohama Advans?
I choose conservative settings is to save up on tires only.. :P Using Falken 615K (RM 1,500 per piece...)

If you did electronic wheel alignment, the machine should have your OEM specification. Only if you do not wish to follow then adjust accordingly.
However I agree with bro. johnsonlam that for daily drive don't set too negative camber if not you will get more tyre wear on the inside.
Base on your posted figures the front looks ok, but the rears seems to toe in too much for a slight -ve camber

I see, i think i will ask the tire guy to toe out alittle bit then ... See how's the handling.

Hmm.. Not really. I always wanted the tail to be more lighter.

What I experienced before is in Sepang Turn 6 (Big long right turn)... It was raining and I slided out.. But that is more towards my tires where not so grippy.

Toe out +0.5 - 1.0 is still kinda ok, you should feel it turning easier.
Just check on your tire wear..

What tires are you using? Is Lancer GT still comes with Yokohama Advans?
I choose conservative settings is to save up on tires only.. :P Using Falken 615K (RM 1,500 per piece...)

I am using Bridgestone Potenza RE050 ... Grip when its dry but suck balls when its wet, at least that's i feel ... Not sure about other Potenza RE050 users ...

You got a reliable car alignment workshop that you go to?

I can recommend you one who is an avid Sepang tracker, loves cars and very experienced in car handling setup.

You got a reliable car alignment workshop that you go to?

I can recommend you one who is an avid Sepang tracker, loves cars and very experienced in car handling setup.

Hi,

Actually i stick to one wheel alignment shop, did pretty good job, but ever since they change a new mechanic that handles the alignment, he hasn't been doing a satisfying job. Hate those mechanic who has a big mouth telling everybody he has "bla bla bla" years in tuning alignment. When he can't do a good job, he blamed my car got problem. I straight away tell him, you know what, you just got fired from me, and take my car to another shop, and get the job done !

Who would you recommend then?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom