Recommended Engine Oil For Me

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro where can i get Penrite oil, what is the price range?
For a 5L bottle of their HPW 5W40 which is their flagship oil ester based, it's in the RM240 price range I think. I forgot to ask exact pricing. I know the distributors and they have a FB page. Blackhowling tried their Diesel variant in his BMW-D and he has given pretty positive feedback on the oil. Quieter engine. smoother sounding, etc. It's pretty much the same for me in my new car, and on my old wira, it did pretty well in my heat test.

(You can tell I'm a fanboy already. LOL)

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Izso,

If go Genting continue to push all the way to peak with your water temp rise?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For a 5L bottle of their HPW 5W40 which is their flagship oil ester based, it's in the RM240 price range I think. I forgot to ask exact pricing. I know the distributors and they have a FB page. Blackhowling tried their Diesel variant in his BMW-D and he has given pretty positive feedback on the oil. Quieter engine. smoother sounding, etc. It's pretty much the same for me in my new car, and on my old wira, it did pretty well in my heat test.

(You can tell I'm a fanboy already. LOL)
I use the diesel engine oil in my VR also very quiet woh! Still have enough for another round later...:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso,

If go Genting continue to push all the way to peak with your water temp rise?
I didn't test with Genting, I tested around my area, quite a few hilly roads and I maintained redline with low gear for the test. Drove it around like that for quite a while and the water temp maintained.

But my thermostat is a 75 deg thermostat so it opens a bit earlier than the standard 85 deg one. Not sure if that had any affect on the test.

I use the diesel engine oil in my VR also very quiet woh! Still have enough for another round later...:biggrin:
The difference is the additives and all in diesel oils vs my petrol engine oil la. We already discussed this sometime ago

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
My recommendation is Top-1 Engine oil.. But not so famous in Malaysia. Yes, its not as good as Motul, Liqui Molly, Amsoil... But for RM110 for 4 liter semi-syntetic oil, i must say this is the best for it price.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My recommendation is Top-1 Engine oil.. But not so famous in Malaysia. Yes, its not as good as Motul, Liqui Molly, Amsoil... But for RM110 for 4 liter semi-syntetic oil, i must say this is the best for it price.
110 for semi? How is that cheap? PETRONAS / Perodua / Honda / Pennzoil / etc all are cheaper than that for 4L and at least they are more reputable man. How's the Top1 in terms of shearing, cleaning, etc?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
110 for semi? How is that cheap? PETRONAS / Perodua / Honda / Pennzoil / etc all are cheaper than that for 4L and at least they are more reputable man. How's the Top1 in terms of shearing, cleaning, etc?
Initially I thought he meant FS oil but for SS oil is not cheap. Top 1 is from the US, and I have used their FS before those days that comes in quart cans. Felt it is so so only. Even my ex colleague tried he also comment nothing special...:smokin:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Tested Liqui Moly after Torco TR5.

Really liked the fact that with Liqui Moly, redlining my engine still feels surprisingly smooth.

Next change will probably give Millers Oil a try..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tested Liqui Moly after Torco TR5.

Really liked the fact that with Liqui Moly, redlining my engine still feels surprisingly smooth.

Next change will probably give Millers Oil a try..
Wow, every oil change different oil.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Use to use that, RM55 per liter now if not wrong.
To me like overkill if just use for daily drive....:rolleyes::biggrin:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Actually used liqui moly twice liao.. :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya, that's why no use adi. What if daily drive but always hard driving? hehe!

He sure say Penzzoil. I say Bardhal. Maybe kendall ltr on.
Izso will say Penrite actually :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where can i get the above white H4 bulbs?...i've been searching for quite a number of accessories shop in town but cant find these 2 models...i can only find some unbranded halogen H4 bulbs which i dont really trust...from what i heard Philips only distribute it to certain shops, not all shops get the retail of these halogen bulbs...if anyone of u knows where to get, plz lemme know...

btw, if u guys are using other white halogen H4 bulbs, please post it here...i'm surveying around for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience