Recommended Engine Oil For Me

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Got suggestions?
Cost wise Rockoil is quite good and slightly cheaper than Liquimoli. Penrite is 5L for almost the same price so it's cheaper cost per liter.

Anti-shearing and temperature stability wise Penrite, Rockoil and Royal Purple is awesome.

Sometime ago there was this brand Adnoc that had a pretty good full syn range called "Image". It didn't have great base stock but the additives in it were pretty incredible. Pity this brand is hard to come by now.

I've tried dozens of oils but haven't really put all the oils through heavy duty tests.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Cost wise Rockoil is quite good and slightly cheaper than Liquimoli. Penrite is 5L for almost the same price so it's cheaper cost per liter.

Anti-shearing and temperature stability wise Penrite, Rockoil and Royal Purple is awesome.

Sometime ago there was this brand Adnoc that had a pretty good full syn range called "Image". It didn't have great base stock but the additives in it were pretty incredible. Pity this brand is hard to come by now.

I've tried dozens of oils but haven't really put all the oils through heavy duty tests.
Anyone have feedback for Motul TRD? Cost wise is almost the same as getting 4L of Chemlube.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yah! Saw "Adnoc" oil before in spare part shop, but lately not. Is from UAE and stand for Abu Dhabi National Oil company....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Anyone have feedback for Motul TRD? Cost wise is almost the same as getting 4L of Chemlube.
Get that when you plonk in your engine lah! Not now for your mouse deer.....:rolleyes::biggrin:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Interesting. Personally I've heard of Rockoil, but not too sure where it comes from. I'll need to dig into that, no doubt.

Currently still torn between Liqui Moly and Millers oil. My friend is offering a service package for Millers oil, oil filter and labour for RM155. Just a tad bit cheaper than the LM package at RM160. :rofl:

Previously I was using the RM120-RM140 Shell Helix Ultra FS.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Interesting. Personally I've heard of Rockoil, but not too sure where it comes from. I'll need to dig into that, no doubt.

Currently still torn between Liqui Moly and Millers oil. My friend is offering a service package for Millers oil, oil filter and labour for RM155. Just a tad bit cheaper than the LM package at RM160. :rofl:

TitanRev using Rock Oil also.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Get the cheapest oil u can find la. Oil filter RM8/12 depending on blue or white one.
Labour I charge u RM10. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Good to know!

Thanks Izso. Better set appointment, since EA always full....
Ya, Izso quite regular at EA haha! He knows.

:driver:

As much as I would want to DIY, too cumbersome, especially to dispose the old oil.
Yup, is disposing the oil is the problem. Since need to dispose at mechanic there, and already driving there, I just might as well bring my own EO and let them change. Done in 15 - 20mins max.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ya, Izso quite regular at EA haha! He knows.

Yup, is disposing the oil is the problem. Since need to dispose at mechanic there, and already driving there, I just might as well bring my own EO and let them change. Done in 15 - 20mins max.
I'm actually not a "regular", just know the people there very well. I'm a DIY-er. I only give them the big jobs and big jobs are rare. :biggrin:

My rubbish collectors usually take the bottle of oils. I dunno what they do with it but they said they want it so I just give.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm actually not a "regular", just know the people there very well. I'm a DIY-er. I only give them the big jobs and big jobs are rare. :biggrin:

My rubbish collectors usually take the bottle of oils. I dunno what they do with it but they said they want it so I just give.
If got someone to collect and dispose still okay then. If not, will be like driving to the mech to throw.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Get the cheapest oil u can find la. Oil filter RM8/12 depending on blue or white one.
Labour I charge u RM10. :biggrin:
Oh! Bro. SC now can refer as Service Center......:biggrin:
:driver:

As much as I would want to DIY, too cumbersome, especially to dispose the old oil.
Exactly, I did DIY before then don't know what to do with the used oil. Give alam flora they throw in dump site then that will be terrible. So I still let my mechanic do it.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Hope they dispose of correctly.....

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh! Bro. SC now can refer as Service Center......:biggrin:

Exactly, I did DIY before then don't know what to do with the used oil. Give alam flora they throw in dump site then that will be terrible. So I still let my mechanic do it.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Hope they dispose of correctly.....
Either that they sell to those recycling oil company.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Then repackage as xxxx brand
Ya possible. That's why not to risk to encourage all these, I still best to just do it at workshop as they have place to disposed it off correctly. RM15 - RM20 labour for bringing own EO is acceptable for me. 1 year only max ma Change 4 times EO.

Later garbage collector sell to people who creates new EO using Recycled EO.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As stated at the title... For Perdana owner, worry no more... Here's a simple diy to replace the burned out bulb inside your fog light switch and it just only cost about 40cents...

Sorry for blurry pictures (taken using my camera phone only:embaressed_smile: )

Here is the link http://kruger.fotopic.net/c976455.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience