Punctuality among Malaysian?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
It's the norm in many Malaysians and this is a shameful mindset indeed. While there are some job candidates who are late, I also hate the hiring person starting the interview very late. There was once an interviewer let me waited for an hour before he comes in.

Yes..and the ones who suffer the most are the receptionist...gotta wait until at least 80-90% then only can go to the eating table.

If I encounter parents who accompany their child to an interview, I'll prepare two forms for both of them to fill in. If milf then I'll interview her first. If dick then I'll call security.
At first i thought of only reading this. but this one point is damn funny.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ken, you hiring people ka? :biggrin: me me me *Ahem*

Timing in Malaysia is mostly due to mindset. Thinking they can beat the traffic or not considering it at all. Or like the typical Chinese wedding dinner - the mindset is "aiya everyone else will be late, why must we be early?".
For Wedding usually will be on time but have to wait an hour plus for the other guests to arrive. The best I like is when the late comers arrive and got no place, then one seat here and one seat there....hahahhahaha

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
My friend is a ameuter wedding organiser. Every event he did got 99% punctuality rate. Because he gives out incentives for early arrival, like gift, luck draw etc

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wedding nowadays have cocktail reception, and yet people still late....:thefinger:
Going to Wedding late is the norm for some, but go interview late is not.....:banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
To ensure punctuality, the wedding reception should use electronic counter....to dispense table ticket number to guests....

First comers, get better seats...
Late comers, get to seat behind column or near toilet...hahahahah

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To ensure punctuality, the wedding reception should use electronic counter....to dispense table ticket number to guests....

First comers, get better seats...
Late comers, get to seat behind column or near toilet...hahahahah
Those days then yes, guest come and seat as they like. Nowadays the host set once you confirm your RSVP....:rolleyes::rofl:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
One not only wasting their time being late but also the other person's time. Very selfish thing to do.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some Malaysian are selfish bunch....brought up by selfish parents naturally.

Just look at the cases of cars jumping cues in long line...We see it everyday in KL.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some Malaysian are selfish bunch....brought up by selfish parents naturally.

Just look at the cases of cars jumping cues in long line...We see it everyday in KL.
Just back from outstation 2 days back, and you are right. Once traffic builds up many use emergency lane.....:banghead:
This actually makes traffic worst, because when they force cut back into main traffic, slows down even further...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
That is right, bro vr2turbo..

not to mention also those jokers that travels on the fast right lane, then suddenly swerved to let most lane to exit the main road....

This action caused all traffic on the main road to slow down for this joker and selfish driver....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Just back from outstation 2 days back, and you are right. Once traffic builds up many use emergency lane.....:banghead:
This actually makes traffic worst, because when they force cut back into main traffic, slows down even further...
My father pro. Dunno to scold him or applaud him.
He called PLUS or something ask what happened.
Then drive emergency lane all the way the other day for about 5km or so because opposite direction contra our lane become 1 lane. :thefinger:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Then drive emergency lane all the way the other day for about 5km or so because opposite direction contra our lane become 1 lane. :thefinger:

Your father very smart hor....Called up PLUS and PLUS become his "informant"

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Was the emergency lane open for use? Sometimes jam they do open for use....:driver:

Primed

Mar 15, 2015
US
VIPs are one thing, interviewing for a position is another. Not showing up on time pretty much seals your fate in my book.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I know that one, not only the mama but several female member of the boy family. Quality Assurance bro
Ya especially if the culture of having grandchildren is important...if it was the girl's family still the girl might agree, but if it was the guy's family request, I think wife may hard to convince to even show her body to the family members.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lately attend charity function, wedding all no change. Still got people come so late.....:banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Attending event/coming late seem to be a norm these days.....

Even govt hospitals you could see officers, nurses, doctors are taking own sweet time seeing patients (I have personally seen some case of injured ppl lying on gurney/wheelchair at emergency ward without given the needed attention)....with the devil-may-care attitude...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Attending event/coming late seem to be a norm these days.....

Even govt hospitals you could see officers, nurses, doctors are taking own sweet time seeing patients (I have personally seen some case of injured ppl lying on gurney/wheelchair at emergency ward without given the needed attention)....with the devil-may-care attitude...
Which is why, I won't follow the mindset of majority. They usually have the mindset or more like an excuse to be late. Such as

"Don't need to rush la, they won't start so early for wedding, sure got people late"

"Aiya, say 8pm dinner only, surely there are some who will arrive later. Don't worry"

To me, I don't care who is coming late or not coming at all. Most important is that I'm not late which matters most.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeah, its like chicken or egg scenario.

The event organiser started late and put the blame the attendees for coming late, and vice versa.
Die la like that....