Pics Of Satisfied Titan's Customers

coach123

Apr 23, 2004
hey, the car next to the supra is my car! hehehe!

anyway, i'm changing only the dampers, and it's back there for retuning. things i've noticed, and perhaps ninja u would like to help me out:

1) calibrate ur pressure gauge! it was overreading by a lot. last saturday Richard calibrated it back based on my gauge, and another customer's gauge. hope that it doesn't run again.

2) car ride now is harsh...using original springs. handling wise it's ok, but the ride is somehow just harsh when going over yellow speed strips, uneven roads, expansion gaps, etc. richard says he's gonna try another system...hope it works.

3) a bit understeery...rear seems ok.

4) wondering if i should just go for hi-lo for front (back cannot since it's trailing arm), but how much more since it's not all 4?

will be there tomorrow to check out the car. i have faith in Richard...heheh! i think the previous 2 146 boxers all had hi-lo for front...mine is the first using just TiTAN dampers. actually, the 146 suspension is notoriously hard to tune to get rid of the crashing behaviour without compromising the good handling. i hope TiTAN can do a good job in this, and i believe more 146 customers will emerge.

TiTAN is getting there...

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by coach123@Apr 23 2004, 05:15 PM
hey, the car next to the supra is my car! hehehe!

anyway, i'm changing only the dampers, and it's back there for retuning. things i've noticed, and perhaps ninja u would like to help me out:

1) calibrate ur pressure gauge! it was overreading by a lot. last saturday Richard calibrated it back based on my gauge, and another customer's gauge. hope that it doesn't run again.

2) car ride now is harsh...using original springs. handling wise it's ok, but the ride is somehow just harsh when going over yellow speed strips, uneven roads, expansion gaps, etc. richard says he's gonna try another system...hope it works.

3) a bit understeery...rear seems ok.

4) wondering if i should just go for hi-lo for front (back cannot since it's trailing arm), but how much more since it's not all 4?

will be there tomorrow to check out the car. i have faith in Richard...heheh! i think the previous 2 146 boxers all had hi-lo for front...mine is the first using just TiTAN dampers. actually, the 146 suspension is notoriously hard to tune to get rid of the crashing behaviour without compromising the good handling. i hope TiTAN can do a good job in this, and i believe more 146 customers will emerge.

TiTAN is getting there...
aiks!!

darn, didn't notice.. aiks me blur la.. sorry eh!

1) calibrated.
2) bound setting too hard. pls return for re-tune. (sorry ya)
3) could be not enough camber, tyre pressure not right.. tyre problem.. etc.
4) hi-lo kit for fronts.. about another RM700-800 (might be slightly expensive cos it'll be a double job since we've welded the spring seat liaws. But do-able. ;)

thanks for your support!!

normality78~! where are you? heheehe

animiniac_seith

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
PuchonG
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Apr 22 2004, 03:21 PM
nice ride man...
pity he doesn't know how to drive it properly! :lol:
i have admire this 919 supra since it is blue........chunted....now he is white......cool.......too bad auto ler.....but it has twin sqv to psshh off.... :lol:

by the way stan...y u say he cant drive it properly????

vios

Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Apr 22 2004, 03:17 PM
vios's car!

he came all the way from Ipoh just to fit!!
thanks for the loyal support!!
:o
should take the pics with the bonnet closed :D
then can see the MASSIVE TITAN sticker :P
well maybe second to ninja <_<

coach123

Apr 23, 2004
ninja,

got the car back on saturday...and i have to say i think needs to be done again...sigh...

asked Richard about hi-lo kit, he says the travel of my front strut is too short, so not worth it to do hi-lo kit wor (not too sure what he means exactly). he then described that he has pumped higher pressure nitrogen gas to the front struts. the result is this:

1) much more comfy ride.
2) however, body roll is horrible! aiks! the car now handles like a boat, and it's quite floaty at high speed (140-150kph) unlike before.

how lar now...sigh...i feel "bad" in a way to have to ask Richard to do the dampers so many times...

please advise...maybe i'll call Richard and see if i can book friday with him. i think i'll have to sacrifice comfort liao since the handling now is bordering on dangerous. :(

coach123

Apr 23, 2004
ok ninja,

i may be able to get a pair of used harder front springs for my car...i hope uncle Richard is kind enough to entertain me another time :(

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
coach123,

no problem!
everything's a compromise.. especially when you're using stock springs!
oh well, hope your harder springs allow better compromise!

do come on Fri..
wont be around though, be going to Proton :P

animiniac_seith

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
PuchonG
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Apr 24 2004, 03:21 AM
hahaha
he himself said it, i wouldn't know, since i've not been driven by him..
but he does admit he doesn't know bout drifting and touge..
oh well.
:lol: :lol: thanks 4 tellin me bro...abitt off topic though....if i have a car like his one...i rather b a poser...no nid drive fast or droft...just cruise..... :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can someone recommend an insurance company in Malaysia that doesn't include 2% excess for Porsche Cayenne insurance
Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience