New Integra owner

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
I see. Well that's one problem soved (almost). Will be visiting the used car dealer tomolo to fix the leaking problem. It's just a temporary measure until I find time to change the rubber seals. <_<

Ok. Finished my FIRST full tank. RM60 for 380kms. How's that for fuel consumption? Good? Bad? So So? It was mostly low throttle with a few sprints here and there. Morning start and stop traffic.

I'm on 16 inchers with BF Goodrich tyres. The previous owner was nice enuff to change to these NEW tyres before she sold it. Muahahahahha :lol: The little rubber spikes are still on the tyres. What a great owner. The grip is excellent. You know the ramp from Help Inst. towards Jalan Duta? Well...all the way down doing 80km with nary a squeak. And since the car is slightly wallowy, I was leaning towards the door panel but I can feel that the front of the car is pulling towards the steering inputed direction. Awesome. B) Similar to the "front end pull negated by rear end push" effect. :blink:

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
Originally posted by Gandalf@Nov 12 2004, 20:44
I see. Well that's one problem soved (almost). Will be visiting the used car dealer tomolo to fix the leaking problem. It's just a temporary measure until I find time to change the rubber seals. <_<

Ok. Finished my FIRST full tank. RM60 for 380kms. How's that for fuel consumption? Good? Bad? So So? It was mostly low throttle with a few sprints here and there. Morning start and stop traffic.

I'm on 16 inchers with BF Goodrich tyres. The previous owner was nice enuff to change to these NEW tyres before she sold it. Muahahahahha :lol: The little rubber spikes are still on the tyres. What a great owner. The grip is excellent. You know the ramp from Help Inst. towards Jalan Duta? Well...all the way down doing 80km with nary a squeak. And since the car is slightly wallowy, I was leaning towards the door panel but I can feel that the front of the car is pulling towards the steering inputed direction. Awesome. B) Similar to the "front end pull negated by rear end push" effect. :blink:
380km full tank is considered good ler I think. Sumore your teggy is on automatic gear box, correct? mine goes averages out 300km on full tank onli most of the time, 350km if behave a bit.. <_<

I see someone is already getting naughty with the teggy..
Help Inst. towards Jalan Duta?? careful dear, notice the scrapings on the dividers? but you're right, teg's handling on high speed long corners like a darling. Welcome to the club! :D

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
hahahaha...was just having some fun.

Rite. A short FR on my 'teggy' B)

Went to the used car dealer to have the leakage fixed. He sent me to his workshop which isn't too far from his place. Which is good cos I was low on fuel already. :P The workshop fella basically removed the whole window deflector thingy and applied black silicone (the same kind they use for the windscreen) along the length of it. Problem solved! :D No more rainwater, any water for that matter coming into the cabin liao. Woo hoo...

Went up to Cameron Highlands on Sunday morning, came back Monday evening. Travel along the NS Highway was good but not as good as expected. Tyre roar was present thru out. It's either the concrete tarmac or my tyre compound isn't suitable. I guess it's a bit of both. BF Goodrich Montero is good in the rain but noisy on the cruise. <_<

Power was adequate. Wafted along the journey @ 120kmph. The RPM needle was hovering at 3200 - 3500 which I take is good la. Full tank still RM60 for around 400kms. Am on the 3rd tank now so I'll average it off to see how well the fuel consumption is. :ph34r:

Did uphill climbs/downhill slalom a lot in Cameraon Highlands. Was staying at Tringkap so had to go to Brinchang /Tanah Rata for supper. Not bad for 1.6 auto altho a bit sluggish for my liking. Managed to overtake a few cars on the way up there. B)

The absorbers are nearly gone. Any good recommendations? Would the originals be the best bet? No Titans la pls. No money yet. Mebbe later. :(

On the way back managed to reach 160 but can feel the car still willing to go. We'll have to wait and see how much further it will go. Witnessed a 6 car pile up around Lembah Beringin. Jam like crazy. Polis & ambulans pun sampai. Stopped at Sungai Buloh Restaurant Jejantas to have a pee and drove home. :unsure:

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Soli ar brudder. Me Chew Lai Mali so Subang USJ area not familiar. Carlos ar? Where ar? I know how to get to Taipan and the regular TTT (Toyota teh tarik) session place near there la. :rolleyes:

Carlos dunno wor...

Lebih kurang punye direction pun jadik le. :lol:

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Maap. Tak bleh join you guys tonite at Carlos cos I dunno where and not free. Mummy say I cannot go out wor :(

Ok another update. Last tank of petrol RM60 reached 480kms. This is from Ipoh travel back from Cameron then half tank in KL start stop traffic. So half highway, half city la. Not bad but I think I wanna tweak it summore so better fuel consumption.

Add AFC and Broquet. Wat you think? :ph34r:

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
gandalf

congrats on your new Teg. im sure these people will racun you one day or another to sumbat b18cR inside your Teg.

absorber for Teg? can swap with EG. if wanna play stock and comfort , get em from spare part shop.tokico japan brand.around rm100 per abs.

;) happy driving

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks man. EG set you say? Kewl! Now got another valid reason to hunt in chop shops during the weekends. :D

Was at the Hang Tuah junction heading towards Bukit Bintang just now. Fetching my mum to buy something there. Side by side with a ITR. Dunno whether real of fake wan. Number plate is WFV XXXX. A 40+ unca driving it la. :blink:

Bumpers and spoilers not original wan la. GT wing on the back was nice but I think overkill a bit. Rim are bronze 17inch 5 spoke. Dunno wat brand wan la but nice. Then I noticed something. His boot and my boot different wan. I think the rear light cluster also different. <_<

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
Gandalf

EG set ( springs+absorbers ) at CHOP SHOP is around rm40-rm50 per set.One set consist of one springs and one absorbers.both in black color.condition chop you , you know la.depends on your luck, something u will get a good one, sometimes not.

EG absorbers Tokico brand at SPARE PART shop is around RM100 per absorbers.This one is tricky, first ask the spare part shop how much is local one, mostly around rm70, and then ask him to see first the item.Then, ask him how much is ori Tokico one.Around rm100 depends on shop.Then make a comparison.
As far as i concern, this is what my spare part shop tell me, the local one is a recond absrober taken from chop shop and resprayed.

Just my 2 cents.

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
EG8:

Any identification for ori Tokico besides the obvious stickers. Colours or shape or anyting? Now my driveshafts also need to be changed liao. How much ar per side?

Better still if you can let me know where your spare part shop is. I go shopping there. Segambut area? :lol:

On a different note. I getting a bit sian with my engine de. 1.6 SOHC not really good le. Underpowered sial. Prefer engine with a bit more torque. What can I do to rectify this ar? Me thinking engine le but not now la. Planning only. B18C tarak duit la. Got normal B18 ar? NO need to race wan. Just wan better torque spread thru out. If put back B16 can ar?

Now my car is doing about 400kms per RM60 on average la give or take 10kms. Can do better ar?

and of course the most important subject: How Much for h/c? :(

Timo Kasih dulu everyone :D

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by Gandalf@Jan 3 2005, 13:57
EG8:

Any identification for ori Tokico besides the obvious stickers. Colours or shape or anyting? Now my driveshafts also need to be changed liao. How much ar per side?

Better still if you can let me know where your spare part shop is. I go shopping there. Segambut area? :lol:

On a different note. I getting a bit sian with my engine de. 1.6 SOHC not really good le. Underpowered sial. Prefer engine with a bit more torque. What can I do to rectify this ar? Me thinking engine le but not now la. Planning only. B18C tarak duit la. Got normal B18 ar? NO need to race wan. Just wan better torque spread thru out. If put back B16 can ar?

Now my car is doing about 400kms per RM60 on average la give or take 10kms. Can do better ar?

ekau orang negori sembilan ko?? :lol:

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Originally posted by Gandalf@Jan 3 2005, 13:57
EG8:

get the B18B engine ler. It's DOHC with 140hp without vtec. Half-cut around 3-3.5k

Later if backside itchy, can swap the head with a B16A one....wah lau...B18C hybrid with vtec. ;)

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Later if backside itchy, can swap the head with a B16A one....wah lau...B18C hybrid with vtec.

Wah.... for real ar? Kewl man. This is definitely something worth considering!

Thanks aramis. :)

Any input on the other matters? :lol:

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Originally posted by Gandalf@Jan 5 2005, 14:01
Later if backside itchy, can swap the head with a B16A one....wah lau...B18C hybrid with vtec.

Wah.... for real ar? Kewl man. This is definitely something worth considering!

Thanks aramis. :)

Any input on the other matters? :lol:
yes. for real. coz I did it in my ex-car. ;)

sorry dude. Dunno much about tokico though.

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Ahh...brand new weekend is looming ahead.

Just a quick question.

What is the PCD for Integra? 100 or 114.3?
Offset how much ar? more than 40 ar?

and supposing that I'm on standard springs and abs, would it be ok to increase the tyre size to 17 inchers?

currently on 205/55/16 BF Goodrich (PV6 size). The previous owner change wan. If can change hor, then wat is the correct size?

TQ TQ :D

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
On a different note:

Na beh Kanasai MCH
This morning on the way ot opis, marther farker stew peet 4th gen Civic cilok here cilok there on the Federal Highway :angry: Nearly bang someone when suddenly the flow fo traffic slow down. One blardee Mamat Kampung drive wan la. Really wanted to get down from car and go to him, pull him of the car and tie him up. Leave him on the middle of Federal Highway, let all the cars buzz pass him at top speed. With his worm-eye view of things, I think he'd think again before he commit the same fault the next time. :angry: :angry:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope bros here can help a little

currently my car have some dent and rust..so i do all the bodywork,knocking and simen all by myself..but the problem now..i dun hv enuff money to paint my car

so is there anything i can spray?not the normal can..cos when i wanna paint..all musr rub again..i need something to spray just for a meanwhile by tyhe time i get enuff money

is there anything like can type undercoat for automotive use?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience