Need help to improve Performance

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
I drive a 2001 Rav4 and i want to improve it's performance but don't know how.
Pickup is too slow, and FC is killing me.

Am i looking for an engine overhaul?
Money is secondary, i just want it done....
can anyone also recommend a place to do it?

btw, i am new here.
Thanks.

Hey there,
actually thats lots of ways to make your car fast
For example, you can start with low budget improvement like choose the proper lube oil for your car,swap in a drop in K&N or mayb get a set of iridium plug.

If u had big plans in mind with big bucks, then go for supercharge or get a piggyback ECU to enhance your air/fuel mapping or mayb tune your exhaust system.
:biggrin:

hi fedor,

well if you do not have budget constraints there are many things for you to venture in...

You can always go for the basics such as a good suspension systems, followed by better brakes to handle your future kickass

Simple mods such as complete aftermarket exhaust systems, better air filter(K&N/Apexi), thicker plug cables, iridium spark plugs, etc

Hardcore mods would be lightened crank pulley, racing cams+adjustable cam pulleys, supercharger or turbocharge

Most importantly, to ensure drivability,get a good engine management system(piggy back or standalone depending on your budget as well)

It wont be a days job, might take weeks to complete your car...so take time to look into possible areas you can mod...

Maybe you can start of with RS impressive? Heard they are quite good...

Thanks for the replies guys :)

This morning i saw some black smokes while starting the car...
is it caused by carbon built up? How do i tell the mechanic to clean it?
thanks very much :)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom