• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Ah haa...using velocity stack (VS)...

there's a way for you to drive it...if using stock plenum, the air inertia will be there...
but for open style like VS...you need rev it high...only the you'll "Get The Feeling"...but make sure it's tune up to the engine spec...experience 20V mech will know how...

VS are not recommended for daily usage...as it will inhale all those un-filter air straight to you engine block...once a while it's OK...plus, not everyday you're going to rev it high... :D

bjl2486

Known Member
Oct 29, 2007
Agree... 2.3 - 2.5" depending on where you want your powerband to be. But since our friend here complain about the lack of low-end torque, I don't think changing to bigger diameter will solve the prob because then she will need to rev even more to get the power.

Why not, try changing it to straight flow muffler first... Leave the pipe intact...
Hi all,
Sorry to interrupt. which exhaust piping type is better for BT 6spd on a SE ltd chasis? Need advise from otai2 here...

1. 2.3" after flexi pipe all the way to the muffler (using standard SE exhaust longkang - many 'L' curves)
2. Or 2.3" straight flow (not using standard SE exhaust longkang) after flexi pipe to the muffler?

judean

Known Member
Dec 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ah haa...using velocity stack (VS)...

there's a way for you to drive it...if using stock plenum, the air inertia will be there...
but for open style like VS...you need rev it high...only the you'll "Get The Feeling"...but make sure it's tune up to the engine spec...experience 20V mech will know how...

VS are not recommended for daily usage...as it will inhale all those un-filter air straight to you engine block...once a while it's OK...plus, not everyday you're going to rev it high... :D

so...
it's not advisable for a daily driven car to use open trumpet eh...?
:confused::confused:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Levin 818... You pwn us all :adore:

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
so...
it's not advisable for a daily driven car to use open trumpet eh...?
:confused::confused:
Only u urself a mech&are not reluctant to open the ITB more frequently to clean all the dirt..If not, then u hav to drop ur ride in workshop&surely it will cost u...need fun,hav to sacrifice amount of money

nommiey

From Facebook
Apr 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
wan to try faster try lor... wanna sell d.

nommiey,

few minor stuffs for u to eliminate the low rpm knocking sound. it's not harmful to knock at that range of RPM but i know it's annoying. sounds like 4G13P/4G15P. Just make sure it doesn't knock above 5k RPM then u are safe. the 4 throttles knockings are quite common.

Try changing to colder plugs. Possible that your combustion chambers are full of carbons; try using carbon cleaner or something like that. Use RON97. Check ignition timing see if it's too advanced. Ask doctor ecu, levin818, to check your ECU. Aged components might be the cause as well.
If neither of the above solves your prob, and u can't live with that knocking sound, get a piggyback or a standalone which would be your best bet to solve it.
what do you mean by colder plugs? and how to use carbon cleaner? pour in gas tank? sorry i really a noob.. hehe

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
haha.. now you all talk techie and now i m lost.. hahaha
Haha... No worries nommiey... Lets me summarize for you... Sorry that this thread got a bit side track. But it's nice because we cal all learn together. Thank you for your thread! The conclusion is,

1. The blacktop is a high rev performer. Which means, it performs modestly below 4k rpm but turns into an animal above that. That doesn't mean that the low - end is weak. It is just normal for a 1.6 L engine. You only feel that it is weak just because it is much powerful above 4k rpm. So i think you tend to compare the low rpm and high rpm power.

2.There are a few ways that you can use to improve the low-end response of your engine at low rpms. If you plan to keep your current engine, which I recommend, yo can change your air filter to cold air intake. As for the exhaust, you can use a straight flow muffler but keep the stock piping.

3. Check your spark plugs and see if there's any that need replacement. You can use platinum/iridium spark plugs and HKS plug cables. Maybe upgrade ignition coil or use an ignition blaster. But some people say they can't feel the power gains. Some say they can feel. It varies with people and engine. But even if there is, the gains are very little form these. My advice is just keep the spark plugs in good shape and replace in time.

4. Check if you are using the right engine oil. I think for BT, its best to use at least semi synthetic? Any sifus can verify on this?

5. Do NOT change to trumpets or open pod air filter without cold air intake. The trumpet stuff mentioned by some here is good for track and real high rpms. Since you are going for low-end torque and good response, don't use it. Not to mention that in town driving, your engine will be suckingin hot air and dust.

Have a good time... You have a gem there :driver:

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Oh I forgot! For BT, best to use RON 97

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Nommiey, colder plugs are spark plugs that are used for high performance engines. I forgot how exactly it works. But the principles is that it works at a colder temperature so that your air-fuel mixture is less likely to detonate, thus reduce knocking. Not sure how much though.

But carbon cleaner I would recommend. But then again, some say they feel difference and some say they do not feel the difference.

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
Hi Nom,

I know exactly what you what, you want your car to be zippy at low RPM...right?

Veloc is right, heres what I did on my car
1) Iridium Spark plug rm50/pc or so
2) Change plug cable to NEW ones but not those expensive once RM1XX will do.
3) Clean the Throttle Body
4) Change the Fuel Pump to 4ageBT/3SGE fuel pump and install a Fuel regulator at fuel rail(set it at 40psi)
5) Replace the heavy rim with light ones taiwan 15"6.5jj +38 offset
6) Change the Exhaust piping to 2.3" piping, change the mid box with a bullet, End muffler with a standard Levin Ae111 muffler.
7) Change air filter with K&N filter

thats about it, now the car response is better than when I had a 1.3L engine.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
hahaha

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I guess... she will sell the car right away :biggrin:
Haha... Agree... Sell to me lo...

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Hi Nom,

I know exactly what you what, you want your car to be zippy at low RPM...right?

Veloc is right, heres what I did on my car
1) Iridium Spark plug rm50/pc or so
2) Change plug cable to NEW ones but not those expensive once RM1XX will do.
3) Clean the Throttle Body
4) Change the Fuel Pump to 4ageBT/3SGE fuel pump and install a Fuel regulator at fuel rail(set it at 40psi)
5) Replace the heavy rim with light ones taiwan 15"6.5jj +38 offset
6) Change the Exhaust piping to 2.3" piping, change the mid box with a bullet, End muffler with a standard Levin Ae111 muffler.
7) Change air filter with K&N filter

thats about it, now the car response is better than when I had a 1.3L engine.
Bro ah... You say I right but you add so many other advanced things.... Later people confuse 99 lo... Nevermind the rim, fuel pump, fuel regulator and piping la.... Just basic mods will do :biggrin:

nommiey

From Facebook
Apr 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
No no .. i won't sell the car.. my late father gave the car to me as a gift :proud:. Thanks. I will do one improvement at one time. Budget constrains haha

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Then it is a legacy... No wonder you got a 6 speed beast... Treasure it :adore:

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
Haha... Agree... Sell to me lo...

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Bro ah... You say I right but you add so many other advanced things.... Later people confuse 99 lo... Nevermind the rim, fuel pump, fuel regulator and piping la.... Just basic mods will do :biggrin:
Bro...those are not advance things at all, cause for any engine swap (4age 20V) the exhaust, fuel pump,brake system, the wheels and suspension is must to change, at least match it with the doner halfcut car. Thats all bro. If not the car wont perform accordingly.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wat will become after doing a set of intercooler piping and bigger intercooler?

Example on me , L5 OEM intercooler piping, and i make it with stainless steel piping and using SR20t intercooler.

I'm gonna make in. So wonder to know the affect....Now my i/cooler condition is so bad. Boosting with 1 bar was so HOT! even hand cant touch! :baring_teeth:

so after tis process upgrading intercooler will improve performance after get more cold...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience