Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Not so sure, but if it is then you don't have to change, if its not then you have an option to change :)
Do contact me if you're interested in the 23mm front ARB :D
Hahaha will do if I needed it, thanks for the offer anyway.. I'll measure it first hahaha

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure whether Australian half cuts have speed cuts or not
From your description, I don't think that is a speed cut. If its a speed cut, for example, I hit 185km/h then suddenly I lost instant power, engine drop to like 175km/h and I got power again (like the injectors shut off during that moment)
Should not have speed cut if the meters are up to 240kph, just no power to pass 170 i think....:hmmmm:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Should not have speed cut if the meters are up to 240kph, just no power to pass 170 i think....:hmmmm:
Yes I would say that too, max 185km/h because the 4th gear from the autobox (at 5.5k rpm) alone the ratio is too long so not enough HP to push it further. I experienced this before with my old 4G92P with 4 speed auto. Straight change to manual, voila 210km/h :biggrin:

sanekit, yes top overhaul is one thing, the GB ratio is another thing haha. But of course, fix the cylinder head, it is much more important :biggrin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yes I would say that too, max 185km/h because the 4th gear from the autobox (at 5.5k rpm) alone the ratio is too long so not enough HP to push it further. I experienced this before with my old 4G92P with 4 speed auto. Straight change to manual, voila 210km/h :biggrin:
I wish I can go manual but i have problems with my left leg. My previous 1.5 vdo engine can reach 200 easily before the gearbox starts giving me problem and I had to change it with a recon one. Down side is the engine noise.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
I wish I can go manual but i have problems with my left leg. My previous 1.5 vdo engine can reach 200 easily before the gearbox starts giving me problem and I had to change it with a recon one. Down side is the engine noise.
Yup with only 3 gears.....expect very high engine noise

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
high end? current engine or previous VDO?:hmmmm:
What he meant was top speed to gear box ratio haha. Anyway, once you upgrade engine power, release rev cut and you rev to 8000rpm (IF) often, your autobox will KO sooner than later too. Get a good ATF cooler also in the mix just in case :biggrin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
What he meant was top speed to gear box ratio haha. Anyway, once you upgrade engine power, release rev cut and you rev to 8000rpm (IF) often, your autobox will KO sooner than later too. Get a good ATF cooler also in the mix just in case :biggrin:
So much poison.. Hehe.. Planning to install the atf cooler when i have the budget. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So much poison.. Hehe.. Planning to install the atf cooler when i have the budget. :biggrin:
You should get that too, not too expensive. If not, search chop shop, buy some hoses can DIT on 2nd....hhahahhahahha:biggrin:

Last edited:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Seems like a lot of money/effort is going into this car. How's the chassis? Reinforced?
Yup. haven't done the chassis yet. the car had a terrible accident before. need to fix the front left side coz it's not that straight. a friend suggested a place in seri kembangan. for now, my target is getting the engine run smooth first, get the brakes ready and send for engine endorsement.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Yup. haven't done the chassis yet. the car had a terrible accident before. need to fix the front left side coz it's not that straight. a friend suggested a place in seri kembangan. for now, my target is getting the engine run smooth first, get the brakes ready and send for engine endorsement.
What do you mean by the front left is not straight? not aligned in the center of the wheel arch? if thats the case, you can try changing the subframe...my car has this issue as well after changing the subframe its better but still minor imperfection due to accident.. wow i thought your car is endorsed all along :rofl:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
What do you mean by the front left is not straight? not aligned in the center of the wheel arch? if thats the case, you can try changing the subframe...my car has this issue as well after changing the subframe its better but still minor imperfection due to accident.. wow i thought your car is endorsed all along :rofl:
it's hard to explain. the left wheel space from front bumper is about 2 fingers, the right wheel is about 3 fingers. my friend who did the alignment said the car runs to the right a bit due to that. i don't know if it's the subframe that's causing it but the my front hood not flush properly with the fender on the left side. he said need to repair the left side and while at it, change the front frame with mivec one. he has a spare and gonna give it to me for free. still don't have the time to go to his friend's shop in seri kembangan for price quote.

and nope, i haven't endorse my engine yet. roadtax expires end of next month. hehe

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
it's hard to explain. the left wheel space from front bumper is about 2 fingers, the right wheel is about 3 fingers. my friend who did the alignment said the car runs to the right a bit due to that. i don't know if it's the subframe that's causing it but the my front hood not flush properly with the fender on the left side. he said need to repair the left side and while at it, change the front frame with mivec one. he has a spare and gonna give it to me for free. still don't have the time to go to his friend's shop in seri kembangan for price quote.

and nope, i haven't endorse my engine yet. roadtax expires end of next month. hehe
If your bumper is correct and you have that, then your castor angle is out. Probably wheel hit something when accident....:smokin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
If your bumper is correct and you have that, then your castor angle is out. Probably wheel hit something when accident....:smokin:
how to fix that without sending to body shop? coz if by looking under the hood and removing the left fender, can see the terrible repair job that was done.

just to add, the car hit a center intersection divider while trying to avoid another car coming in from left lane to the 3rd lane at federal highway (taman desa exit to federal, intersection going to NPE). could've avoid the center divider if not for another wira knock the car from back at high speed and pushing it. total insurance claim was close to 10k. :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just got a set of used brembo calipers.
Please could you share where i could send these to be serviced.

Much thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience