Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
This car accident was by previous owner?

Previous owner was my brother. The driver was me, he was sitting next to me. One ah beng wira racer was tailgating us quite close. A 4X4 isuzu suddenly came in to the third lane from the left, manage to avoid it but still hit the side a bit. Brakes was ok but the other wira brake locked and pushed my car to the center divider. Lucky we didn't go into the ditch before the interchange.. :bawling:

Previous owner was my brother. The driver was me, he was sitting next to me. One ah beng wira racer was tailgating us quite close. A 4X4 isuzu suddenly came in to the third lane from the left, manage to avoid it but still hit the side a bit. Brakes was ok but the other wira brake locked and pushed my car to the center divider. Lucky we didn't go into the ditch before the interchange.. :bawling:

Oh! thanks for the info.....:driver:

I think need panel shop to pull it back in place since not adjustable...
Bro vr I think if the wheel hit something during the accident, it could be the subframe slightly "kemek" also...but his case is diff with mine I suppose since he's is closer to the bumper while mine is closer to the car body

Bro vr I think if the wheel hit something during the accident, it could be the subframe slightly "kemek" also...but his case is diff with mine I suppose since he's is closer to the bumper while mine is closer to the car body

Hard to say, can be when repair time not adjusted properly. The damage can be the lower arm, connection to sub frame and also top mount area....

Looks like we got new information and a little history there......I would say instead of increasing the engine's power, better take the look at the chassis dude
and of course endorse your engine first lol

I can recommend you to a guy name Sureen in USJ 1. He did all of my car's bodywork throughout the years

out of topic abit, usually whats the preferred break in method? hard break in or no high revs until 1k milleage? anyone kind enough to shed some light? :hmmmm:

There's so many theories and concepts. What I do is when my engine is all done up, I pour in mineral oil, relatively thick like 10W40 or something, drive down to JB, drive back, drive down to Penang, drive back, change oil.

Speed I keep it between 110km/h to 160km/h, rotating between the two extremes.

Slow and steady break in will guarantee those piston rings to be tight-as-f*ck and once it sets, it'll stay tight-as-f*ck so you'll have shitty FC, shitty power and there'll be nothing you can do about it.

Kinda like my current car, previous owner drove it like a pussy and now it's max FC is 10km/L when others can get 12-13km/L.

So don't pussy foot it. The key isn't only just redlining, it's consistency. But that's my opinion la.

Yeap it's the c99 dohc, so it should be 23 mm front and 13mm rear is it?

23mm I thought is GSR thickness? I didn't know C99 was that thick too. Dang!

There's so many theories and concepts. What I do is when my engine is all done up, I pour in mineral oil, relatively thick like 10W40 or something, drive down to JB, drive back, drive down to Penang, drive back, change oil.

Slow and steady break in will guarantee those piston rings to be tight-as-f*ck and once it sets, it'll stay tight-as-f*ck so you'll have shitty FC, shitty power and there'll be nothing you can do about it.

Kinda like my current car, previous owner drove it like a pussy and now it's max FC is 10km/L when others can get 12-13km/L.

So don't pussy foot it. The key isn't only just redlining, it's consistency. But that's my opinion la.

Bro Iszo, I don't think the C99s come with 23mm front out of factory, probably 20mm. I remember those Putras doesn't have 23mm front, so I assume the Wiras are the same too. Only first batches of the 1.6s have 23mm front right off the bat (91-93 Lancer/Mirage models)

Wow thats hell of a journey and scenery hahahah took you how long to finish the trip? do you gradually increase the speed or aggressively? i think i will do it the hard break in way...just now quite sure how to do it properly yet. Will need you to further explain in TT hahaha :listen:

I read it somewhere 1999 and onwards putra runs a 18mm front and 13mm back before 1999 they were 23mm...Wira/Satria 1.6 and 1.8 runs a similar (23mm front) setup

Looks like we got new information and a little history there......I would say instead of increasing the engine's power, better take the look at the chassis dude
and of course endorse your engine first lol

I can recommend you to a guy name Sureen in USJ 1. He did all of my car's bodywork throughout the years

Are you coming for the DIT? Engine endorse will be done end of next month. The chassis not gonna bother with the endorsement coz engine mount not affected. Just the car runs to the right a bit on rough roads.

The sluggishness is what bothering me most. Just found out my gearbox have some serious leak at the oil sump pan. There's a leak on the engine oil sump pan before, gearbox leak is new coz just had it overhaul. Gonna go to gearbox workshop to get them check it and fix. :bawling:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you coming for the DIT? Engine endorse will be done end of next month. The chassis not gonna bother with the endorsement coz engine mount not affected. Just the car runs to the right a bit on rough roads.

The sluggishness is what bothering me most. Just found out my gearbox have some serious leak at the oil sump pan. There's a leak on the engine oil sump pan before, gearbox leak is new coz just had it overhaul. Gonna go to gearbox workshop to get them check it and fix. :bawling:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

50/50 for the DIT because need to check my flight details again haha
GB leak? Better get it check before any more major issues arise.

I have seen that before. The thing is....my mechanic's 1.6 Satria doesn't come with 23mm front. He has to upgrade it. SO some of them is not standardize.
Ahh I see then if could be wrong too ill just measure it when it's out to see is it true hahaha

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom