help needed urgently,evo engine dies occasionaly

PUTRA14

Ji

PUTRA14

Ji
Jul 12, 2005
BT.CAVES
help needed urgently,evoengine dies occasionaly

Recently after leaving my car to sleep for few months,I had this problem with my putra with evo engine,the car just didnt want to start,since the problem started with fuel ,i replaced new fuel pump and even fixed external mercedes fuel pump to support thirst for fuel for my engine,the problem arise after running few kilometers it gets choked as if no fuel again and dies off and i have to wait for it to chill off and start and drive again,the problem persist every few kilometers.
I have checked the ecu,the reading shows no prob,change the fuel pump twice,fix fuel regulator,change all the fueling lines but still unable to solve the prob,
mod done on engine:
4g67+4g63
skyline gtt turbine
external fuel pump (recently due to prob)
new intercoller piping (no leakage)

.Kindly do share ur wisdom,all wise sifus. I appreciate your kindness.million thanks

xMika

500 RPM

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Re: help needed urgently,evoengine dies occasionaly

Could it be a distributor/ ignition problem ? previous had this problem on my car as well. Engine dies off at traffic light sometimes, engine check light comes on, then hard to start the engine .. need to wait engine cool down around 15 minutes before able to restart the engine ..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Re: help needed urgently,evoengine dies occasionaly

Recently after leaving my car to sleep for few months,I had this problem with my putra with evo engine,the car just didnt want to start,since the problem started with fuel ,i replaced new fuel pump and even fixed external mercedes fuel pump to support thirst for fuel for my engine,the problem arise after running few kilometers it gets choked as if no fuel again and dies off and i have to wait for it to chill off and start and drive again,the problem persist every few kilometers.
I have checked the ecu,the reading shows no prob,change the fuel pump twice,fix fuel regulator,change all the fueling lines but still unable to solve the prob,
mod done on engine:
4g67+4g63
skyline gtt turbine
external fuel pump (recently due to prob)
new intercoller piping (no leakage)

.Kindly do share ur wisdom,all wise sifus. I appreciate your kindness.million thanks
i had the same prob bout a few months back
it turned out to be my ignition coils
get that checked out

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
ignition coil if u suffer misfiring, like running on 3 pistons & smell petrol in cabin bay.
:hmmmm: yeah that makes sense
but last time when my putra had the same prob i just left it at the workshop coz i trust these guys then they said they just changed the ignition coil and igniter box and it was fine after that

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm currently driving an old Honda from the 90's. In 5-6 years time, it will be about 20 years old. Young for a human but very old for a car. I guess in if we calculate it in human age it will be about 85-90 years old already.. :biggrin:. The reason I'm still using it at the moment is:

1. Money no enough...:embarassed:
2. I love it, seldom give me problem, fun to drive, good throttle response and it's a manual.
3. There's no new car on the market (within my budget) at the moment that I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience