My RM13 DIY Air Intake.. what u think?

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
add a funnel at the tip if can.. no need those branded ones.. i juz use those rm1.50 plastic ones.. the mouth already hav a 6" intake. juz cut the tip to the size of the hose n cable tie or glue gun it to the hose.. more wider air intake.. problem is finding a place to mount it. best is at yr grill or any suitable area where fresh air hits the most n make sure put netting if u afraid it will get clodge...

Last edited:

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
hi donCityZ

can i ask what is the diameter for the pipe?
i also thinking diy mine.. :)

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
here are some pic from my diy air ram..enjoy...only half finish in the pic..will take some pic when it sit in engine bay later...hehe

total cost <RM30....

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Omg howiechoo, lidet also can!? chun ar u !!! heheehh... but the part where u fix to ur throttlebody/carb , stable ar?? i mean, issit tight ? scary ... can post a pic of this in ur engine bay ?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
sam1741 said:
hi donCityZ

can i ask what is the diameter for the pipe?
i also thinking diy mine.. :)
hi sam,

i only use 2 inch pipe (thats the biggest i can find at hardware shop). AND RESULT IS AMAZING when i want pwer at high speed.. around 80 goto 100 and 100 goto 140 very fast when floor the pedal... :)

i dont think 2.5 or 3 inch gonna make any difference, unless ur car need SOO.. MUCH AIR (like a supercharge/turbocharge high cc engine)... anyhow most ppl say it will be better. so if u can find bigger is better.

i oledi dig out an old speaker's woofer air outlet.. going to use it as air funnel. later i post the pic too.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
howie.. nice workmanship..

i guess u r plumber right??? so good woo..

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
donCityZ said:
hi sam,

i only use 2 inch pipe (thats the biggest i can find at hardware shop). AND RESULT IS AMAZING when i want pwer at high speed.. around 80 goto 100 and 100 goto 140 very fast when floor the pedal... :)

i dont think 2.5 or 3 inch gonna make any difference, unless ur car need SOO.. MUCH AIR (like a supercharge/turbocharge high cc engine)... anyhow most ppl say it will be better. so if u can find bigger is better.

i oledi dig out an old speaker's woofer air outlet.. going to use it as air funnel. later i post the pic too.
oooh
cause my air filter (Apexi dual funnel) connecting place is 3 inch
if i can get flexible pipe liek yours,
i can locate my air filter more front where there is more cold air.. .:)
since the pipe is flexible

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
my air filter inlet is also 3 inch...but i m using a 3" to 2" adapter as u see the white thing connected to the air filter...so there's no prob to fit if size not ngam

btw, i m not a plumber la..

here the final look in the engine bay...wrapped with heat shield and an extra hose for the oil catch tank...

the caburator mounting there are ngam ngam...hehe..lucky for the pipe and the size are ngm....if not need another adapter or custom work again..

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
didn take pic for it specially...but u can find it in hw shop...tell them 3" pipe to 2" pipe adapter

spikyz

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
great idea dude, im intrested to do the same, but one question
if raining or got water, does it effect the engine? how about the debris? also masuk engine?

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Tis is my ride engine, 4G13 fuel inject... i compare with 2 kind of pipe, with same air filter brand JaZ... 1st i use a normal straight pipe (duno how to call it) 2inch frm start to end.. den i change to (picture) pipe, i can feel tat sound change, more louder and more pick up spd

Convicted_Knight

Jul 17, 2006
howie.. ur car kancil ah? what daihatsu engine u use? And one more i notice u reposition your wiper water tank.. hehe..

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
batch are with daihatsu chop there..lolz

ya..reposition cos my filter is kinda big..

Nieto, ya, ur bigger pipe act as an air box...and it actually make it easier to suck in air when u press the pedal...i was thinking to upgrade my ram pipe to include the air box also..u can notice a lot of NA car got this air box even in aftermarket air ram/pipe(not chap ayam la).it provide better air flow when start to sucking air...

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
hehe yeah, i try use rm20 air filter, da sound oso garang, but not garang as mine la~ i saw at shop they sell rm300 jus for da pipe.. i oso shock~ i get it frm my fren for free cos he change his engine to 6A10, and change air filter.~ and he put his pipe at store room for... i duno how many year, kinda for a long time

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Nieto, that shop who wanted to sell u RM300 for juz da pipe wants to chop off ur neck man ... lolz... What kinda shop?

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
i aint sure, cos im seeking for my pipe price~ i found an accesories shop tat selling ICE, intake, bucket seat and suspension... i ask for da pipe price, da kanasai boss giv me rm300, only pipe~ JaZ brand... n my pipe oso jaZ... i dun think my fren will giv me if tat thing cost 'RM300' ~ and he forgot how muc he bought but he said its kinda cheap... so till now, i havent get a REAL price yet for my pipe~

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Nieto said:
Tis is my ride engine, 4G13 fuel inject... i compare with 2 kind of pipe, with same air filter brand JaZ... 1st i use a normal straight pipe (duno how to call it) 2inch frm start to end.. den i change to (picture) pipe, i can feel tat sound change, more louder and more pick up spd

wow.. man
do u put the bullet from exhaust to your intake?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00) Goes to Japan
Report and Photos: Supremus

A mix of the traditional and the contemporary. Kimono-clad geisha and a suit-clad salary man, traditional temple and a futuristic shopping mall, all within the same parameter are not an...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience