My RM13 DIY Air Intake.. what u think?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
My car:
Honda City 2001 1.5 Exi NA.

Latest mod: Air intake DIY...

How: Bought 2" diameter soft plastic 4mm wall thickness at hardware shop for RM13 for 4 feet. Used 2 and half feet for intake piping.

Result: Very responsive and pickup at higher rpm 3k above compare to before.

I am thinking of heat proofing the pipe and air filter box. and still thinkingg....

Photo:

Pls... comment, suggestion, ideas...

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
khguan,

thx. i tried to pull but no space oledi down there. quite near to radiator.. some more the pipe is not easy to bend. so i take out the rubber at bonet above the left headlight. after close, have gap and air can go in thru it.wer to get the insulflex/superlon thing ?? how much it cost?

edwin,

i wanted to try bigger hose, but a friend told me that follow back stock size is better coz low cc car only. also, the biggest pipe i can find at hardware shop oso 2". if buy at car shop, got bigger, but cost a bomb ler.

neway, thx for the comments.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
for sharp bends.. u can use the PVC 90degree angle joint for plumbing...

the foam tape can find in aircon service place... mayb u can buy some from car acc shop...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
r u using an aftermarket airfilter? if u are... then this is great!! :top:

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
i guess bigger hose will be better and also move
the intake to the front bumper..

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
khguan,
thanks for info. i try to find it.

nitrus, im using hi flow k&n drop in.

gloss, if move to front bumper, if hit water puddle how?
can it damage engine if water go into throttle body?
i saw once, in wrc, the car splash into water, water go into
hood scoop air intake, and car stalled.. can't start anymore.

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
The best hose is the washing machine drain pipe... u can buy it at electrical shop, ask for the extension pipe used for washing machine.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wow.... wonderful... last time when i first wanted to diy CAI, i also bought the same hose... soon i realise it is kinda hard to bend and not really big enough.... will restrict the air flow lo...

if drive at highway, better remove it for less air restriction.... normal town drive can use la...

stormhunt3r

Known Member
May 28, 2006
i aso use the same soft pipe that u r using..u can use the gas stove to soften the pipe..then can bend any angle u wan..but not too sharp la..coz later ur car suffocate..hehe..can try using the PVC fitting like that khguan told u..But i think u can bring it down to the bumper..the effect would be better coz the air there is cooler..around 6" from the ground will do..

This is mine..
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2104994874

but will change it to proper hose later when i got the time..

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
SkYwAlKeR said:
wow.... wonderful... last time when i first wanted to diy CAI, i also bought the same hose... soon i realise it is kinda hard to bend and not really big enough.... will restrict the air flow lo...

if drive at highway, better remove it for less air restriction.... normal town drive can use la...
skywalker,
my original intake was almost same size but the opening was 45 deg to the side wall. i tried at 100km/h and the result of response is much MUCH MUCH improve from before. so basically im satisfied with it. also, if put too near down there i worry water splash inside and engine stall.

stormhunter,
is that air intake pipe going above ur engine? wah.. like that ur air being heat up as it go to throttle body... i suggest u re-route the whole air intake piping avoiding going near to any heat source (engine head, extractor and such). and add up a heat insulator too.

my next plan is to put a bottleneck opening for more suction effect. then add a heat shield. then im done.

neways, guys thank you for the feedback! and nice to hear your ideas too!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know how to diy 5 wire Daihatsu side mirror?
is it complicated? can teach me? already have wire for all side mirror?:adore::adore::confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience