my first engine flood, hahaha

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
right now the car is sitting outside the house waiting to be de-flooded tomoro. can't start the baby no matter how hard i crank.
Kinda late now already so ill just go to sleep.

should be an interesting experience tomoro de-flooding it. HAHAHA!

Cool!! clean plugs, remove egi fuse, crank a couple of times. put plugs back and voila. another trick is to use oil (now i cannot remember if its brake or transmission) and feed a couple of ml's thru a syringe on the upper intake manifold. wait a couple of minutes and start. gonna smoke like mad but saves you the trouble of removing the plugs!!

yea taking a plug out for a renesis is a pain.last time i did that as well,took out the plugs clean it and fit it back,remove the fuse for the fuel pump and crank up until clean.then fit back and crank again.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

on a sidenote,if your wankels are weekend driven,and you plan to just idle the car at home then maybe before putting back the covers then dont idle it for a short period of time then off.else this might happen as well.it drinks as much fuel on idle as a normal engine on the move too

Im sure you've heard it alot..rotaries are MEANT to be driven : )

should be engine oil :) prepare to SMOKE!!!!!

Cool!! clean plugs, remove egi fuse, crank a couple of times. put plugs back and voila. another trick is to use oil (now i cannot remember if its brake or transmission) and feed a couple of ml's thru a syringe on the upper intake manifold. wait a couple of minutes and start. gonna smoke like mad but saves you the trouble of removing the plugs!!

the car still wouldnt start. Tried once at 8pm just now, then the 2nd time at 11pm. Probably will try the 3rd time later.

Btw I want to try the oil adding method. I really have no idea where is the vacuum hole on top of the engine. I attached this pic , circled in red. are those the one?
19012010411.jpg

Sorry for the noob question. hahahaha
cause I definitely dont want to remove the spark plugs.

How about Marvel Mystery Oil? I heard it was used in the past as Premix for early gen of RX-7 and some classic cars too.

3595194635_6b48f9ea41.jpg

Last edited:
guys.. wanna ask..

will aftermarket ecUs affect the standard deflooding procedures?

and one more thing.. the previous owner already had fuel pump on it, walboro fuel pump if not mistaken, removing the EGI fuse will still cut the fuel delivery?

would really appreciate any help contributed. my heart breaks knowing she's sleeping outside my house for the 2nd night.

Last edited:
guys.. wanna ask..

will aftermarket ecUs affect the standard deflooding procedures?

and one more thing.. the previous owner already had fuel pump on it, walboro fuel pump if not mistaken, removing the EGI fuse will still cut the fuel delivery?

would really appreciate any help contributed. my heart breaks knowing she's sleeping outside my house for the 2nd night.

How did u flood your engine? Is it bcs you started it from cold and then never let it warm up to operating temperature b4 shutting down?

just open your plug & clean. dont waste your battery. go to hardware shop buy rachet with 4inch handle and socket for your plug. the best tool to open your plug. my rachet has been stole, need to get new one. i know its difficult if dont have a proper tool to work with.
if still cannot work tow the car on 3rd gear & reltease clutch. done that before.

for all info...plugs has taken out 1 one plug kong edi...mayb tat y it cant start...i guess he's on the way 2 ah choy's place 2 get new set of plugs coz he cant find em at local sparepart shop

Normally after so many crank the battery is gonna die on u... So be prepared and all the best.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom