Mugen CR-Z powertrain details surface

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

There's a lot of hope and expectations riding on the green shoulders of the the Mugen-tuned Honda CR-Z, with some touting it as what the base CR-Z should have been. Nonetheless, up until now, all we could grasp was nothing more than promise and whispers from the grapevines about what the Mugen CR-Z would be packing.

The tuners at Mugen gave their word on more than a little bump in power for the CR-Z and as CAR reports, that not-so-slight bump is looking to be a not-so-little 50 per cent jump in power via means of forced-induction. The Brit mag says that a supercharger will be bolted onto the standard 1.5-liter four-banger that boosts power up to 197hp and 245Nm of torque. In comparison to the stock figures of 113hp and 145Nm of torque, the Mugen CR-Z is shaping up to be one devilish little offering.

Furthermore, the boffins at Mugen have also managed to sync the integrated hybrid assist system with the blown mill, which would no doubt add up to a fairly efficient fuel-consumption figure as well on regular driving.

The rest of the upgrades consist of weight-saving 17-inch forged Mugen GP wheels at the four corners, adjustable dampers and beefed up brakes. Cosmetic enhancements include Mugen-spec front and rear bumpers, a rear spoiler and side skirts to bring it lower to the ground.

The car is expected to make its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in July. From what we hear, the Mugen people are telling us to brace ourselves for Type-R levels of performance. We're holding our breaths on the last statement but we still can't wait for this thing to be launched.

Source: CAR Magazine

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi There,

can anyone tell me what will happen when fuel pump is faulty or going to faulty.

my car will juk juk juk if i stay at 3K or 2K any rpm speed..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience