mivec turbo project

jtdw

Jun 21, 2005
malaysia
hi, to all sifus, i would like to convert my wira aeroback to mivec turbo. Mivec head +gsr block + microtech ecu + tdo5 twin fin. If any sifu out there that currently successfully convert this project, mind to give me some comment regarding reliability and performance. pls comment thx..........

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
mivec turbo = evo IX!!

a friend of mine tried this project a couple of years ago, but it was not accomplished ...if i'm not mistaken the major problem is to re-write the chip, to make turbo and mivec work/spool/open simultaneously and to get proper torque level at different gears...

the main objective/achievement of mivec turbo as in evo ix is u'll have a very powerful torque at any gear, so the car doesnt feel sluggish/almost eliminates the lag caused by turbo spool...

do correct me if i'm wrong. bro, if its successful, pls post and share with us...

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Mivec turbo is all about having loads of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :regular_smile:

the best is to include pistons,conrods,etc...the whole works..and the only thing that ive noticed that gives way once u have high hp/torque is youre crankshaft...

but if u have the cash,go for it i.m.o ......really good IF tuned rite....

keep us updated on your project ......good luck:regular_smile:

jtdw

Jun 21, 2005
malaysia
will go on with this project

hey, i am going on this project very soon after gather all the necessary parts that need for the transplant! will come back soon thank for commenting!

jtdw

Jun 21, 2005
malaysia
will go on with this project

hey, i am going on this project very soon after gather all the necessary parts that need for the transplant! will come back soon thank for commenting!

beyond_4896

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
jb hv racing have do a car now.
Boost 1.5max boost, with t04e. microtech.

damn damn fast!!!!!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
mivec head with GSR block ?? how about piston ? what's compressor ratio??

jtdw

Jun 21, 2005
malaysia
how fast

beyond, how fast are consider fast? hp? torque? can beat evo 3? or evo 9? pls discuss more thx you

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
i was thinking also whether this can be done to 6A12 or not. FTO's 6A12 is equipped with MIVEC but then Galant's 6A12 is turbocharged. basically from the technical spec sheet of this both engine, bore and stroke of the engine is of the same except the compression ratio (NA 10.0:1 and forced feed one is 8.5:1). if given the MIVEC head will fit perfectly on the turbocharged block, how do one measure for a suitable compression ratio for this hybrid project? put the tuning for the powerband aside as it is of diff case.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Better get an original Evo Engine. Less headache and original is better than rojak.

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
its common to see 350-450hp mivec turbos around...

but the question is if its reliable or not....in the long run sure got probs if not tuned rite...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
just prepare to stay inside workshop more than u drive out on the road. :)

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Might be doing this as well...sigh...still contemplating though....

350-400 whp cukup laa kot :X-:

Danny@GSR

Known Member
Aug 12, 2006
Bro, keep us inform. MALAYSIA BOLEH KA TAK BOLEH???????????
mesti boleh cause in Penang i know there is one Mivec Turbo runing on the road, but i never seen it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all,

i got the GAB SS series adjustables for my vios. so, i will be spending time tweaking it! however, some queries below:

1. my front spring rate is 6kg and my rear is 4kg. with my damping set to hard, the car is bumpy, but in corners, slight body roll is noted. should i up my spring rate to further reduce body roll, or is slight roll acceptable? I have thought of installing anti-roll bar to the rear, but was advised not to do so as it may distort the suspension from doing its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience