maintaining a b8 engine

WESeleventhirty

Oct 17, 2005
hey guys!,
noob here, what are the regular checks we have to make in maintaining a b8 engine. and is the cost of maintainence high?.might be looking for one b8 fitted ride.ford and mazdas are kinda different from other cars.

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
welcome abroad,

costs of maintenance will only get expensive when the parts u want are rare, certain B8 parts are kinda rare nowadays.
still, comparatively speaking, you won't be spending anything more than any other ordinary cars in the 1.8cc segment.
Don't worry, B8's are very tahan lasak engines.....concentrate more on the body work & braking system of the car when buying 2nd hand.

Happy motoring

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
I've used a TX3 sampan before.

I've changed a few parts like hand brake cable, brake seals etc.... vendors have been confused and sent the wrong parts before. But parts are available. The engine does last.

But the hardest and the most HARDEST (and when i say this i really mean it) to find is a spare gearbox for 1.8. Cannot switch with a 1.6. This is the most priceless part in the car.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
not to mention 1.8 gearbox is expensive......
for Lantis 1.8 gearbox cost around 1.8k sought after by lots of ppl

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
yup yup....tx3 gearbox also very priceless nowadays. dats why i never never whack the car anymore...even when i see some young chiku with a hot babe beside tailing me behind. hahhahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A trio of Best Motoring drivers take to the Twin Ring Motegi track for a 3-lap battle with Takayuki Kinoshita in the Mazda Roadster, Naoki Hattori in the Subaru BRZ and none other than Keiichi Tsuchiya in the Toyota 86.

<!--more-->All three cars are line-up for the start with the Roadster up front and the both BRZ and 86 right next to each other. The lights turn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience