Nov 2, 2005
hi all sifus,

i wanna lower down my serena C24 by 1.5" - 2", just for the sake of good
looking.
just wanna ask, can i just cut off the original spring? will this affect
the comfordness?.

just when to a workshop...FTS Motor works in Ipoh, the owner himself is a
drag racer, he advice me to just cut off the original spring and he will
modify the absober (shorten it) for me...

thank you very much!!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
cut springs n inject absorbers... there are a few good reviews about them as a cheap alternative compare to sport springs n aftermarket absorbers.... but reliability issue i dont know la... cut and reweld ur absorber, u guess ur own how long it can last......

i've sat in one (wira with front n back cut springs reinject abs) before.... comfort more or less same with stock standard, performance improved... but reliability i not sure, coz he himself is a mechanic and he does his work all by himself....

my opinion, if u under budget and desperate, ok lorr.... but i would still prefer u to get proper lowered springs....

BabyEL

Nov 2, 2005
cut springs n inject absorbers... there are a few good reviews about them as a cheap alternative compare to sport springs n aftermarket absorbers.... but reliability issue i dont know la... cut and reweld ur absorber, u guess ur own how long it can last......

i've sat in one (wira with front n back cut springs reinject abs) before.... comfort more or less same with stock standard, performance improved... but reliability i not sure, coz he himself is a mechanic and he does his work all by himself....

my opinion, if u under budget and desperate, ok lorr.... but i would still prefer u to get proper lowered springs....
thanks skywalker,

u r the only few that support this idea,. infact the mechanic that i met yesterday, he said its good to get a set of eibach, but by cutting 1-2" and shorten the abs it will preserve the original feel, why wasye the money since i just want the look, and not performance.......what i'm thinking is....if this "cheap way" cannot work...than only i'll go for eibach laaa.....what do u think fren....??
thanks

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
previously i never support the idea of cutting springs... but after i've sat in my friend's wira, it vr vr much better than my car (aftermarket lowered springs n shocks)....

if u only cut the springs but didnt reinject absorbers, i 100% does not support the idea... coz ur original spring rate is ruin after cutting it... reinject absorber with correct oil density will help to compensate it....

if u trust ur mech on his expertist in choosing the correct oil density, go for it lor... cutting springs aint hard... deciding which oil density to use to compensate the lost spring rate is difficult...

BabyEL

Nov 2, 2005
i have been searching for after market lower down spring like eibach, tein and hot bit...they said they do not have any product for a cold car like serena

i did call my mechanic again yesterday, actually he has been looking for
after-market lower down spring for me too, but couldn't find any, so he
gave me another suggestion, dunno if this is another STUPID wan....

he said i have an option to look for other cars spring, which have the
same diameter but shorter than my car's spring......do u sifus think this
make sense???

thanks again

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
he said i have an option to look for other cars spring, which have the
same diameter but shorter than my car's spring......do u sifus think this
make sense???

thanks again
yes, this make sense... but the spring rate wont be perfectly suitable for ur car, since its from some other car... if u can only find a high spring with correct diameter, u might still need to cut them....

my friend's iswara is using mirage rear springs... standard mirage springs are vr vr high and stiff.... he still have to cut few rounds to bring it back to stock standard height.... but performance improved coz spring rate is higher....

everything ur mech says make sense... but whether he can put that into reality and make it work well is another thing....

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
yes, it can be done, better than cut ur original spring, like me using front sm4's spring for my rear, cut it a bit n it was excellent..

u need to find the spring diameter which match wit yours, also see the coil thick, thicker will giv stiffer on your ride..

later if u not get bored, or maybe ur family pot.. pet.. pot.. pet.. not comfort anymore la.. jumpin2 la.. then change back to ur original spring..

BabyEL

Nov 2, 2005
thanks m@ttz and skywalker.....

i'm now actually in the middle of the process of looking for alternative...