low rpm (poor idling)

vastalux

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
Dear guys,

Lately, i have a problem with my car. The idling of my car is too low which around 200-400 rpm and it cause my car almost to stall. I had clean the MAF sensor and change air filter but the problem still remained there. Anybody know any possible solution regarding this matter? :confused:

Hope to hear from all of you soon..thank you :wavey:

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
200-400rpm???? that's not possible!! will definately stall....

other then idling problem, any other issue?? if no then it's most probably your idle control valve is clogged.... it's located below your throttle body.... you will need to remove the throttle body to clean it....

check your plugs while you are at it....

vastalux

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
200-400rpm???? that's not possible!! will definately stall....

other then idling problem, any other issue?? if no then it's most probably your idle control valve is clogged.... it's located below your throttle body.... you will need to remove the throttle body to clean it....

check your plugs while you are at it....

yup around 200-400rpm..smetimes i need to turn my steering left and right in order to increase the rpm..other than idling problem is my car vibrated during gear in "D" position and at the same time i hold the brake...:confused:

idle control valve located below throttle body? i tot it inside the throttle body..aiyoo..:banghead:

how to check the plugs? i dunno how to check it.

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
the idle valve is directly below the tb.... it look's as thought it's part of the tb... let your mechanic decide if your plugs are in good shape or not..... if not then get Denso ik20.....

if the vibration is bad then your engine mounts may have torn.....

vastalux

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
the idle valve is directly below the tb.... it look's as thought it's part of the tb... let your mechanic decide if your plugs are in good shape or not..... if not then get Denso ik20.....

if the vibration is bad then your engine mounts may have torn.....
thanks Barb for the info...i will check as your recommendation n update here...

how much normally cost for engine mounts? btw, mine is zzt231 auto..

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
yup around 200-400rpm..smetimes i need to turn my steering left and right in order to increase the rpm..other than idling problem is my car vibrated during gear in "D" position and at the same time i hold the brake...:confused:

idle control valve located below throttle body? i tot it inside the throttle body..aiyoo..:banghead:

how to check the plugs? i dunno how to check it.
How does turning the steering left & right increase the engine idling:rolleyes:?
I dont understand...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.

Is there any way we can chrome our Sport Rim? As we all know after several months using the sport rim, there will be lots of scratches.

I heard there is a workshop which can do that, but I lost the name of the shop.

What is your comment on this? Is it better to chrome or other colours like black or white?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience