Light weight crank pulley good or bad

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
Actually is changing this lightened crank pulley for RM600(assuming we go for the dampened crank pulley) worth all the hassle?I mean the price and the worries?

Bump: i am actually thinking about it real hard man...after see all you sifoos stating the cons and the benefits, trying real hard to see which outweighs which

Bump: i am actually thinking about it real hard man...after see all you sifoos stating the cons and the benefits, trying real hard to see which outweighs which

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
bros,,,, why do some people say that the newer wira have sensors.... and cannt simply intstall the ligthen crank pulley??? enlighten me please...... thanks

Bump: bros,,,, why do some people say that the newer wira have sensors.... and cannt simply intstall the ligthen crank pulley??? enlighten me please...... thanks

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
every car oso got crank angle sensor loo...
why wira cannot..?? hehe... many wira or satria oredy use the lighten pulley for many years liao..

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
I have installed a Redline Lighten crank pulley for my 4g15 non SVDO Wira.

Well maybe because after reading all those excellent reviews, I had a very high expectation of it.

The guy who sold me, Kent was friendly and nice, the mechanic whom he introduced was also good and gentle to my car, not forgetting fast as well.(only took him like 20 minutes to dismantle the old and replace the new)

For your information my Wira is on a sluggish 3 speed auto gearbox with even sluggish pick up, thus my decision to install the lightened crank pulley. Overall, the pick up improvement I got from it was not up to my expectation but it was okay for a RM320 upgrade.

Learnt that I need to step on the pedal real hard before I could feel the difference. Don't get me wrong, even under normal driving situation you get to feel the additional kick. My worries are that you need to have a very heavy right foot to fulfill the real potential of the lightened crank pulley on an auto car.

But the idling of the engine has become very stable and you would not get the normal lag when you turn on your air con.

I would recommend it if you are using a manual gearbox, should be able to feel the additional kick even more!

AS those who are worried about the undampened crank pulley, I have asked 7 mechanincs around Klang Valley on it before I embark on the upgrade, all of them told it should be okay since it is already tighten, therefore there should be no vibrations from it.(it should be right unless if all the mechanics I asked are not as learned as our SIfoos in this forum)

*The above review is only for Wira 1.5 auto(4g15)

Cheers'

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
guys why so many people complain that the top speed decrease when use lighten crank pulley & Flywheel....

how many of you really drive topspeed all the time?

why so many ppl say go up hill with lighten parts no power?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
currently running a lightly skimmed flywheel with a lightened crank pulley and uphill is not affected...

4got to add...never tested top speed, so cant comment hehe

only pushed till 4th gear. 5th gear dun wan pray edi hehe me budak baik

the gtech test showed better gains throughout the 2nd gear powerband, so with more torque in most places, it shudnt make the top speed drop?

unless there is something that i do not know about la hehe i donno many many things

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
ooh... 1st time heard that lighten things will decrease the top speed.... just same like decrease the power... weird...

pls enlighten me...:smokin:

Captain Fast

Known Member
Apr 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
looking from all points of view and from what i have heard from so many contradictory sources, i have undergone some research on this matter and i san safely say that changing to a lightened crank pulley will NOT affect your top speed or anything for that matter. using a LCP will help the engine to have better and smoother acceleration due to the reduced inertia that it will take to turn the LCP and in turn reduces the amount of drag on the engine, minimizing engine power loss.

this would mean one thing and that your engine now can spend more of the power generated to move your car uphill, downhill or sideways which is why you feel that the car has more power. LCP DON'T generate more power as the power generated by the car is largely due to the tuning of the engine and many other factors such as compression, air intake and exhaust setups. you might see more power from dynos cos the loss suffered by your engine is now reduced with the installation of the LCP and that's all.

as for top speed, LCP don't affect it as when you have less drag on the engine and more "power" (for lack of better term) to be used, you will be able to accelerate much better and be able to reach your top speed moderately easier than the stock LCP. only way that your top speed can be affected is by using too light of a flywheel and a close ratio gearbox which is meant for acceleration and not top speed.

i hope my explaination will shed some light on this matter. for those in the know, kindly correct me where i have erred. :wavey:

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
:congrats::congrats::congrats: very helpful
looking from all points of view and from what i have heard from so many contradictory sources, i have undergone some research on this matter and i san safely say that changing to a lightened crank pulley will NOT affect your top speed or anything for that matter. using a LCP will help the engine to have better and smoother acceleration due to the reduced inertia that it will take to turn the LCP and in turn reduces the amount of drag on the engine, minimizing engine power loss.

this would mean one thing and that your engine now can spend more of the power generated to move your car uphill, downhill or sideways which is why you feel that the car has more power. LCP DON'T generate more power as the power generated by the car is largely due to the tuning of the engine and many other factors such as compression, air intake and exhaust setups. you might see more power from dynos cos the loss suffered by your engine is now reduced with the installation of the LCP and that's all.

as for top speed, LCP don't affect it as when you have less drag on the engine and more "power" (for lack of better term) to be used, you will be able to accelerate much better and be able to reach your top speed moderately easier than the stock LCP. only way that your top speed can be affected is by using too light of a flywheel and a close ratio gearbox which is meant for acceleration and not top speed.

i hope my explaination will shed some light on this matter. for those in the know, kindly correct me where i have erred. :wavey:

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
guys is there any of us from engineer background?

as we know there is a crank pulley price at RM600+

as they claim the rubber damper help to absorb and dissipate the vibration.

material use by this crank pulley is T6 6061 aluminium alloy, as we all know this material is light and very strong(stiff)

does this rubber damper really works? how long this rubber can last....

most of the aftermarket maker is use full alloy

i'm not complain their product but just feel abit over price....

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
thanks bro...just trying to help out here...i should salute you more...more than 12,000 posts man!
hahahha... those post count just shows that how noobs i am only.. hehehe...

guys is there any of us from engineer background?

as we know there is a crank pulley price at RM600+

as they claim the rubber damper help to absorb and dissipate the vibration.

material use by this crank pulley is T6 6061 aluminium alloy, as we all know this material is light and very strong(stiff)

does this rubber damper really works? how long this rubber can last....

most of the aftermarket maker is use full alloy

i'm not complain their product but just feel abit over price....
yup, those rubber really will absorb some vibration. as same as ATI product.

fazley_b18c

Apr 8, 2007
I've driven my B18c engined car for 4 years with lcp installed. The only effect I got so far is more torque. Yes bro's...lcp or lightweight flywheel are not a power adder. You wanna increase your hp go play with your block, head, cams, and stuffs blablabla. But these so called 'junkies' (lcp/lfw/racing clutch/gbox ratios) are really works for making more torques. In drag tournament torque is the king..not peak horsepower (sorry hp freaks...just wanna make your eyes widen:biggrin:).

Yes...hp is an important thing...but the thing is..how let say..200hp on your engine being delivered to the wheel? With lcp, lfw, gbox ratios you can transfer/convert almost 80%-90% of you engine's potential power to the wheels. Ever wondering why your dyno result is far down below than what's stated in your car's spec sheet? Doesn't that clicks your brain gentlemen? How much/fast your engine hp being transferred to the wheel lately?:driver:

fazley_b18c

Apr 8, 2007
yeaaa...I think that's why US muscle cars are using big huge diameter slick wheel to overcome the wheel spin during drag.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
yeaaa...I think that's why US muscle cars are using big huge diameter slick wheel to overcome the wheel spin during drag.
having same thought here....

Mivec559

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
hmmm..noobie here..
just installed 4g93 few months ago and now thinking of starting wanna mod it up.. ^^
any sifoo's here hav any comment on this engine shud use wad brand lcp?

anyways..does i need to mod anything else after installing the lcp?
since my 4g93 is still fully stock