K&N Air filter and Exhaust Piping...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
open port.... can hear the air sucking in as well... as u rev up, u feel damn syok... car not fast also already feeling vr fast adi...:regular_smile:
hahhaahahaaa nicely said bro ... :biggrin:

"Look fast, sound fast, can adi..." as said by Mr Brown ..... :rofl:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ahah, thats a good one. well, if you wanna hear your intake sound more compared to your exhaust sound, then open pod is the way. btw, to ensure you enjoy your open sound best, please do get a quieter exhaust. =)

mine open pod, cant even hear the intake sound unless from outside.why? cause the exhaust also louder than the intake sound already >.<

azt

Dec 6, 2005
if go for open pod.. must do CAI.. if drop in doesnt hurt la.. aiya.. so hard.. still cannot decide

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
thanks a lot folks for da replies and help... js changed my air filter over the weeknd at kakimotor SUNWAY... anyways, azt if u want my opinion on the matter, if you want performance you gotta go wit K&N, less sound but the acceleration and top speed is definitely a step up when compared to open-pods (Hurricane, Aerospeed, etc.), da ride is also much smoother in comparison to open-pods.

BUTTTTT... if you want a damn garang sound coming from under your hood, go for the open-pod air filterlah, sounds nice, pick-up and top speed OK, but maintenance a bit troublesomelah. K&N filters claim to last at least1,600,000KM before you have to exchange for a new one and you just need to clean it once a year... using distilled water or K&N filter cleaner. Also, supposedly the guy at kakimotor told me its recommended that one uses drop-in air filters if your driving a manual car... saves gas so that's a pluslah rite, especially with the recent increase of gas prices to 1.92. All in all, I'm kinda sad to lose da VA VA VOOM sound in my ride, but damn freakin satisfied with the smooth and increase in overall performance of my ride... Now, js gotta decide if I wanna install straight piping for my car... HMM... decisions decisions...

azt

Dec 6, 2005
arsenalfc9 said:
thanks a lot folks for da replies and help... js changed my air filter over the weeknd at kakimotor SUNWAY... anyways, azt if u want my opinion on the matter, if you want performance you gotta go wit K&N, less sound but the acceleration and top speed is definitely a step up when compared to open-pods (Hurricane, Aerospeed, etc.), da ride is also much smoother in comparison to open-pods.

BUTTTTT... if you want a damn garang sound coming from under your hood, go for the open-pod air filterlah, sounds nice, pick-up and top speed OK, but maintenance a bit troublesomelah. K&N filters claim to last at least1,600,000KM before you have to exchange for a new one and you just need to clean it once a year... using distilled water or K&N filter cleaner. Also, supposedly the guy at kakimotor told me its recommended that one uses drop-in air filters if your driving a manual car... saves gas so that's a pluslah rite, especially with the recent increase of gas prices to 1.92. All in all, I'm kinda sad to lose da VA VA VOOM sound in my ride, but damn freakin satisfied with the smooth and increase in overall performance of my ride... Now, js gotta decide if I wanna install straight piping for my car... HMM... decisions decisions...
go with K&N?? drop in or open pod??
drop in or open pod give better acceleration??

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
azt said:
go with K&N?? drop in or open pod??
drop in or open pod give better acceleration??
both gv beter aceleration actualy....

u wan loud noise....u wan people know u oledi change air filter.....then go for Open Port

u wan be a silent killer....wanna be low profile...dun wan ppl know u oledi mod ur car...then go for Drop In

u clear ma? or u can try both if u wish....no harm oso

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
simplythebest said:
Hmm, i have a question.

You guys wash and refill oil your K&N filter every 10,000 km's? or less than that?
my filter havent reach 10,000km yet but realize it was dirty n got rubbish stuck at there oledi..i think its time to wash...juz bout 6500km only so far...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

here's the deal, i'm trickin' out my uncle's old skool beetle and i wanna get it lowered. are there any adjustables or lowering springs available for an old car like this in kch? thanx in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience