Air Filter Q

SurboNight

Known Member
Mar 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I decided to install a K&N air filter on my 1.3 Wira Injection, and I have a question before I put in one.What is the difference between standard slot K&N with an OEM one?I know open pod one can give u short range pickup but not long pickup.If I choose to put in standard slot K&N it will give any diff.or not?TQ
PS:I'm not a policeman.Dun worry with me.Just my avatar.:smile:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
open port n dropin serve the same purposes..

for open port u hv to do heatshiled,cai n rampipe to get beter result

meanwhile, drop-in is very easy..no heatshiled coz use back ori box...juz take oem filter out n replace by knn dropin filter...settled

original cai can be replaced by bigger size if u wish....no big deal (optional)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
but some say performance drop-in and OEM filters works almost the same...
u only can feel the different if change to open pod filters... not sure about that...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
SkYwAlKeR said:
but some say performance drop-in and OEM filters works almost the same...
u only can feel the different if change to open pod filters... not sure about that...
erm...oem filter is not the same wit knn dropin..knn allow more airflow n less air restriction..

u can go eneoud there play the knn filer tester/machine....then u wil know perhaps

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah, i played with the tester before, but not in eunos la...
plus, i havent tried drop-in performance filter before also... i heard people say so only... i'm currently using K&N ufo type filter (round one) on my 4g13 carbie...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
huakenny said:
erm...oem filter is not the same wit knn dropin..knn allow more airflow n less air restriction..

u can go eneoud there play the knn filer tester/machine....then u wil know perhaps
how u noe if it's not just one of their marketing strategies? :biggrin:

no la juz kidding ...

actually i think, drop-in and open-pod also same wan la ... just that open pod got the chun sound only ... and can extend to wherever u want ...
in the end, the air still end up being sucked in at the same place...

if u good in DIY , juz do some extending of your ori carb airfilter rampipe la... (that one u figure out urself) :biggrin: ...
u extend ady can get slightly diff sound ady wen air induction ..
then u change drop-in filter ma can ady lor ...

waste so much money go do open-pod for carb .. rampipe la, adapter la, dis la dat la... wahhhhh. -_-

sorry if wat i said up there is wrong.. plz correct me if wrong... hhehee...

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Those drop-in airfilter performs just as same as original airfilter, the only advantage is the drop-in last alot longer. This fact has been proven on dyno.

For carb, it's best to use the UFO-shaped airfilter eg K&N as I'm using right now.

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
SurboNight said:
I decided to install a K&N air filter on my 1.3 Wira Injection, and I have a question before I put in one.What is the difference between standard slot K&N with an OEM one?I know open pod one can give u short range pickup but not long pickup.If I choose to put in standard slot K&N it will give any diff.or not?TQ
PS:I'm not a policeman.Dun worry with me.Just my avatar.:smile:
drop in K&N which means standard slot,just nothing different with oem filter...

open pod if u did a good Cold Air Intake which means CAI,that would be increas minor pick up...and the sound nice~~hehe....

offtopic:i just wash and reoil my K&N open pod yesterday....sakit hati...RM75 to buy the cleaner and oil...

Last edited:

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
**delete**

Last edited:

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
if i install open pod filter to 4G13p SIEMENS ECU and adjust fuel pump regulator to 46psi with heatshiled but no CAI....izzit will get more power...or better use back OEM airfilter with airbox and OEM fuel pump regulator??

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
I think the K&n drop-in filter is different from that of stock because it can let in more air, n can be cleaned n re-used. The open-pod n the drop-in should be the same performance wise, but, with heat sheild n C.A.I. the open-pod will surely give more power.

Just my 2 cents... :smile:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... K&N filters are better than stock in long term... if ur stock airfilter is still new, i think compare with performance type nothing much difference... the difference is when ur filter gets dirtier and dirtier... coz dirty paper filter restrict alot of air...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone into water printing?

I saw from online, people done it on their dashboard, steering, rims etc..

look easy but I guess I don't have that talent :biggrin:

see who else is crazy over them.

I actually thinking of doing my dashboard, engine cover and even a watch strap.
see who else is keen

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience