Kuala Lumpur
BRos, my car jerk while idling on 'D'
Usually happens in the morning..

Currently driving Honda Jazz Vtec 2005.

Did the following but still jerk;
1. Change spark plugs
2. Clean throttle body

Suspect;
1. Ignition coils (Last check still ok i guess...)
2. O2 sensor

Possible?

Any bros out there can help? Hope its not gearbox problem.. I changed once d.. Cost me RM4000! :(

Cheers!

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
dude, jerk while idling has double meaning... it could mean that u r masturbating when your car is idling...

LOL!!!

what u meant was... vibrating is it? try checking your engine mountings.. 8 years of wear and tear could be the cause of it

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
might consider checking on your clutch if u engage "D" it vibrate and if engange to "N" it stop vibrating.

takumaken

Oct 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha..I dont masturbate while in 'D'
Maybe in 'P' la..

Not vibrating.. Its just jerk a few time.. while stationary at "D"..
After release brake ok d..

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
u can try to calibrate start clutch at Honda SC...

my jazz also have some problem...maybe need to calibrate start clutch also...

example:-
its like driving manual trans...while idling u shift to 1st gear + push brake paddle + release clutch slowly and push it back...

my jazz is CVT...

takumaken

Oct 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
@huakenny, after release the brake, jerk for a bit.. after accelerate then ok d..
@koie, thanx! i'll go check it up with Honda,.. Btw, how much it cost u ya?
Cheers!

Jan 1, 2013
Sungai Petani
My Honda city 2008 Vtec (mileage now is 95000km) also encounter same problem (occurred when mileage about 85000km). Jerking issue happen sometime (once or twice a day) after stop a traffic light. Normally morning or after back from work. At the stop, I put in D mode and pressing brake pedal. After few second jerking happened, and rpm drop from normal about 900rpm to about 400/500rpm continuously for about 5 to 6 times. Every time rpm drop then car will also jerk. I have post a video in YouTube (remark malaysia).
I follow and done all the service at Honda service centre until today.
Have done the following but fail:
-change spark plugs at 90000km
-clean air intake manifold and throttle body (at Honda LeeMotor Sungai Petani)
-reset ECU and calibrate CVT (also change to a new battery)
-Adjust gear position
-flushing gearbox

I have dropped my car to Honda Lee Motor Sungai Petani for 10days but they failed to detect the root cause. They clean throttle body and then tell me problem is solved. But after I insisted them to test to detect the jerking, the problem occurred thus cleaning throttle body is not the solution so they didn't charge me. Then they said adjust lifting but failed, and finally they clean air intake manifold. But still failed. All of this has taken at least 10 days. The service manager said he want to check with Honda technical side but keep saying no reply from them, after tiring of follow up (waiting empty feedback for more than 1.5 months), I complaint to Honda Malaysia. So HM said want to investigate and get report from them. At the end, the service centre call me go back to drop my car. They said this time want to dismantle gearbox, and claiming if got problem and has to change new gearbox would cost me RM20k+ for a new. This is bullshit and sound threatening. Even if get a recond gearbox would cost me few thousand but would end up the same I think. So I refuse to go.
I dropped my car to Honda Magna Speed last two days, so let them test and see how.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Here is the link at YouTube for my car HONDA CITY VTEC - 2008 - JERKING WHEN STOP - MALAYSIA - YouTube

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The toughest woman in the world of DTM has come a long way from her humble beginnings in go-karts. Susie Stoddart then moved up to Formula Renault and then Formula 3 before finally landing behind the wheel of a DTM-prepped Mercedes-Benz C-Class for the factory team in the DTM since 2006.

Recently, she got to spend some time behind the wheel of an...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience