Small jerking

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Guys

I can feel small jerking while slow acceleration of my car. While cruising, OK. What I know jerking is caused by:

1) spark plug cable (relatively new 1 month)
2) fuel filter (about 6 months old)
3) distributor (change new one 3 years ago)
4) spark plugs, air filter (all new, just serviced my car)

What else should I consider? I am thinking about the fuel pump (inside the fuel tank). This is since it never get changed, still using original one, the car already 18 years. Should i change it anyway? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
4g91? distributor?

carburettor 4g91?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Can you describe the jerking a bit more? After you clutch in? Or clutch off? Or during accelerating? Or what?

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Can you describe the jerking a bit more? After you clutch in? Or clutch off? Or during accelerating? Or what?
Clutch in, during slow acceleration, not pressing the acceleration pedal very hard. Like normal driving, when I want to accelerate a bit, feel like 'semput', but very little tiny semput2 especially in middle gear (gear 2 & 3, like not enough air/fuel). Feels similar to when you drive your car, after you start the engine in the morning and straight away drive it, not warming up.

That is the best I can describe huhu :confused: it is not normal, I know there is something wrong because it does not feel like that before.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Clutch in, during slow acceleration, not pressing the acceleration pedal very hard. Like normal driving, when I want to accelerate a bit, feel like 'semput', but very little tiny semput2 especially in middle gear (gear 2 & 3, like not enough air/fuel). Feels similar to when you drive your car, after you start the engine in the morning and straight away drive it, not warming up.

That is the best I can describe huhu :confused: it is not normal, I know there is something wrong because it does not feel like that before.
Suggest you try a different petrol first. Maybe if you have the budget, consider one RM30 tank of Vpower Racing to clear the fuel lines or go send your injectors for cleaning.

Then DIY TB cleaning. If your spark cables, distributor and sparks are new then it's probably a fueling problem. Very very rarely does the fuel pump spoil. And if it is the fP, you'll have way more problems than this.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Suggest you try a different petrol first. Maybe if you have the budget, consider one RM30 tank of Vpower Racing to clear the fuel lines or go send your injectors for cleaning.

Then DIY TB cleaning. If your spark cables, distributor and sparks are new then it's probably a fueling problem. Very very rarely does the fuel pump spoil. And if it is the fP, you'll have way more problems than this.
What do you mean Vpower to clear fuel line? Vpower can sort of cleans the fuel line?

TB usually serviced after how long? Last time serviced about 1 year ago :driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
your fuel lines could be clogged.
Seldom hear fuel lines clogged, either fuel filter or the injector itself....:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Guys

I can feel small jerking while slow acceleration of my car. While cruising, OK. What I know jerking is caused by:

1) spark plug cable (relatively new 1 month)
2) fuel filter (about 6 months old)
3) distributor (change new one 3 years ago)
4) spark plugs, air filter (all new, just serviced my car)

What else should I consider? I am thinking about the fuel pump (inside the fuel tank). This is since it never get changed, still using original one, the car already 18 years. Should i change it anyway? :confused:

Thanks in advance.
When did you feel the small jerk? After latest service, after change plug cable?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What do you mean Vpower to clear fuel line? Vpower can sort of cleans the fuel line?

TB usually serviced after how long? Last time serviced about 1 year ago :driver:
Yes.. Vpower RACING (not vpower green) can do wonders with the cleaning agents in the fuel.

TB usually serviced every month for me. But I DIY since it's a very easy job.

And VR2turbo brought up a good point - petrol filter.Get that changed too

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Yes.. Vpower RACING (not vpower green) can do wonders with the cleaning agents in the fuel.

TB usually serviced every month for me. But I DIY since it's a very easy job.

And VR2turbo brought up a good point - petrol filter.Get that changed too
OK then, I will DIY to clean TB soonest. Also, will get the fuel filter. Can change la since it is not very expensive. Even original proton almost RM60 only:

Proton Parts Centre Online - FUEL FILTER

Is it better to get this or just buy from spare parts shop (regardless the price)? Or maybe outside there there is better (thus more expensive) filter than proton one?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
OK then, I will DIY to clean TB soonest. Also, will get the fuel filter. Can change la since it is not very expensive. Even original proton almost RM60 only:

Proton Parts Centre Online - FUEL FILTER

Is it better to get this or just buy from spare parts shop (regardless the price)? Or maybe outside there there is better (thus more expensive) filter than proton one?
That's expensive. I bought mine for RM20 and it's ori OEM. Not proton brand la but as long as it works and is good quality, it's good enough.

Btw, TB cleaning isn't absolutely necessary to be so frequent, I'm just stupidly obsessive about these things.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Seriously a series of car faults these days....

I went for a manual transmission fluid change. I brought my own gear oil. After draining my transmission of the old oil, it was time to fill in the new. The worker used a machine that was meant to flush ATF to pump my new gear oil into my gearbox. I wasn't sure if that was the standard procedure, so I kept quiet but made sure he flushed the machine thoroughly. And I did ask him to run the machine through with more fresh gear oil.

Long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience