HWL vs Titans or any adjustables.

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
sup k3nny,

yup that's what i mean. as to EXACTLY HOW they're adjusted, frankly i dunno but it's something like how wildboar kindly mentioned, the knob n oil etc... i jus tell my mech that i wan it maximum hard and that i wan it maximum lowered too till my car's bodykit almost sits on the ground and he jus does it all 4me.... lazy customer i am hehe!

p/s: hey if u wanna ride a HWL-ed car u can sit in mine :D

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
I saw the internals of the damping adjustable Hotbits absorbers... Pretty nicely machined..... pretty good quality.. and there's a dutchman handling the R&D work in HotBits. Much better QC than the german guy....

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
fabian: you kinda lost me at the dutchman and german guy?

so theres a dutch guy working for HotBits and a german guy working for HWL?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by fabianyee@Nov 18 2004, 21:41
I saw the internals of the damping adjustable Hotbits absorbers... Pretty nicely machined..... pretty good quality.. and there's a dutchman handling the R&D work in HotBits. Much better QC than the german guy....
HotBits was designed by a German engineer, who left and started a suspension company in his own initials.

YES that's how the soft/hard damping rate is adjusted in 'damping adjustables' dampers.
works EXACTLY like a water tap.

K3nny,
see you soon in 3 weeks time!

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga+Nov 18 2004, 22:51 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ninja_iga @ Nov 18 2004, 22:51 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fabianyee@Nov 18 2004, 21:41
HotBits was designed by a German engineer, who left and started a suspension company in his own initials.

YES that's how the soft/hard damping rate is adjusted in 'damping adjustables' dampers.
works EXACTLY like a water tap.

K3nny,
see you soon in 3 weeks time! [/b][/quote]
The german started with HB then came out and collaborated with APM to start RG...
looks like now he's no longer here in Malaysia...

As for HWL, they used to outsource their parts to other machinist to manufacture but now they started manufacturing their own parts... AFAIK, Hotbits still outsource the manufacturing of parts to streamline operation. so they are just concentrating on tuning and servicing.

As for TITANs, they have their own machining facilities at the back of the shop.

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by crystal_method@Nov 18 2004, 20:29
sup k3nny,

yup that's what i mean. as to EXACTLY HOW they're adjusted, frankly i dunno but it's something like how wildboar kindly mentioned, the knob n oil etc... i jus tell my mech that i wan it maximum hard and that i wan it maximum lowered too till my car's bodykit almost sits on the ground and he jus does it all 4me.... lazy customer i am hehe!

yo dude...i'd very much like to have a test ride in ur hwl-ed ride...any chance u'll be comin to penang??

kicap

Aug 18, 2004
just titaned my car 2 days ago, but not wif that high end adjustable absober, only the standard wan. and im very satisfied wif the result. even my car is quiet low, i have no more worry since the titan absorbed very well and the sound from the absober is very solid.
thanks alot to stanley/ninja iga for being very helpful and keep the seven star work performance man. i believe one day u will be the first manager of the first ever Titan branch.(if u wan la..hehe). hey guyz, this stanley know almost everything. young, talented, yet skillfull in every part of his doing area. come to titan shop and meet wif all the titan crew and their boss, uncle richard is a very serious engineer man. he explained to me about his handmade absober on white board untill im lost and don understand anymore. hehehe....
try titan and u will never regret!

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
yeah! altho i dun have Titan.. but i also recommend it.. :P seen so many DAMN satisfied reviews liao...

if i got rm2800... i'll be in de Titan shop liao.. Titaning my car :P :lol:

lestat

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Hwl absorbers are quite good, though it's not a monotube like titans, for adjustability, you can go to shops like YSKhong to tune them. I was told that they can adjust the damping and rebound, just like how titans to it. Reoil and revalve the shockers.

BTW, what do you use the ride for? Performance? If you want to keep the comfort stock, I believe the stock absorbers or other branded 'stock replacement' absorbers will do the trick. No need to spend all the moolah for performance based shocks which cost a bomb and I don't really think you want to throw the car round corners like most other people do.

Just get rid of the chopped springs and get proper ones. To lower your car, you definitely have to sacrifice comfort unless the suspension setup are customized. Hope this is constructive..

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
Originally posted by wildboar+Nov 19 2004, 10:16 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wildboar @ Nov 19 2004, 10:16 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crystal_method@Nov 18 2004, 20:29
sup k3nny,

yo dude...i'd very much like to have a test ride in ur hwl-ed ride...any chance u'll be comin to penang?? [/b][/quote]
waa i may cum down 2penang but i doubt i'll b driving man... from what i heard from my fren got a lot of speed bumps in penang... true ah?? cos my car can't even go over speed bumps :( hehe j/k can la but not those bigass ones la. of course i take u for a spin, nex time when u cum down 2KL u cum find me la k?! :D cheers dude. peace, out.

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by crystal_method+Nov 20 2004, 22:17 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crystal_method @ Nov 20 2004, 22:17 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by wildboar@Nov 19 2004, 10:16
<!--QuoteBegin-crystal_method
@Nov 18 2004, 20:29
sup k3nny,

p/s: hey if u wanna ride a HWL-ed car u can sit in mine  :D

yo dude...i'd very much like to have a test ride in ur hwl-ed ride...any chance u'll be comin to penang??
waa i may cum down 2penang but i doubt i'll b driving man... from what i heard from my fren got a lot of speed bumps in penang... true ah?? cos my car can't even go over speed bumps :( hehe j/k can la but not those bigass ones la. of course i take u for a spin, nex time when u cum down 2KL u cum find me la k?! :D cheers dude. peace, out. [/b][/quote]
yea dude...pg roads r quite fucked up...dats y ppl recommend softer spring rates...or else u will have quite a harsh ride..PM me if u comin down penang...i'll give u my contact number...then if i go donw kl, will surely go find u...

E V O L U T I O N

Known Member
Aug 6, 2004
go for hwl, the best bang for the buck. its not just cheap but its really relaible and good. im not sure how titans peform, but the price is not competitive.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been charged RM60 for checking and fixing wiring for my Proton Iswara of Power Window Switch. It is reasonable? Can anyone tell me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience