how to make more power out of 4g93 (SOHC) BOT

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Mitsubishi_Colt

all sifus out there.. i need some advises on how to get extract more power out of my 4g93 SOHC BOT... currently my ride is a mitsu colt with 4g93 sohc... its running on 2 extra 390cc injectors, original 4g93 sohc block with only 1.6mm thicker gaskets, 2 inches intercooler piping, 2.5 inches downpipe, and 3 inches exhuast valve, with sard fuel regulator, walboro 255 fuel pump, RPW stage 2 high lift cams, custom intercooler, custom manifold, with a custom IHI vf series turbo, its slightly bigger than a stock wrx td04, currently am running on a manuel boost controller running at 0.8 bar boost. And am also running on a unichip Version Q and had it dyno at 250bhp with around 420 torque at VIsworks JB. My next step is actually to rebuild my engine with arp head bolts and either wisco pistons/ CP pistons/ JE pistons or 4agze pistons and eagle conrods... and as well as ACL bearings.. my next target is actually to hit 400 bhp... i know i will have to change my turbo, but i am not sure of what turbo to buy and to use... and about the engine rebuilding... i need sifus advises on how to actually reach 400 bhp (On crank) as well.. am really lost... i just currently changed my clutch to exedy plate with trinity clutch pad.. really really need sifus advises.. thanks!~! :adore:

And about the 400 bhp target, this is actually what VISWORKs jb told me that it can be done with a forged engine set up and a bigger turbo on my 4g93 SOHC engine...

why dun u check with HV racing as well?

400 bhp (typically about 280+whp) is possible. However, you have to alter bore/stroke if engine safety is one of your concerns. ARP bots, forged internal (pistons, rods, crankshaft) is a must if you want to boost higher. you surely don't want to boost around town pending explosion with stock internals.

IMHO, you still need td05 equivelant or higher to get anything beyond 250whp on 4G93.

for 400,go for a better piston like u mention earlier accept 4age piston.i don't
think that piston can take 400hp.remove ur xtra inj n change to 4X600cc
inj for an even fuel delivery in each of the cylinder.lastly,go for gt30 turbo.
for better turbo explanation,try jinkl or sum_dum_funk.they can guide u
on which turbo to choose for ur application.

bros... just want to understand more abt horse power... 400 on crank is actually only 280 whp ?? i thought 2 wheel drive should be arnd like 340? i mean i know 4 wheel drive has more power loss.. but for 2 wheel drive? also has that much power loss? please teach me more on these thanks bros..

and abt the 4 X 600 cc injectors.. Visworks told me that unichip version q is unable to control the main injectors.. i dont know how true is that... but they are only able to control extra injectors.. thats why they recomend me to put in extra injectors from my throttle body..

and once again.. my engine is actually the single cam 4g93.. not the gsr 4g93t... to reach 400 on crank or more is actually possible???

thanks bros! need help!

my cents of views.

piston definetly need to change. I've seen GZE piston B16A ever hit 400hp mark. But i worry more on conrod. have u compare the 4G93T conrod with your 4G93 n/a conrod? Significant different?

Downpipe need bigger. 2.5" will be bottleneck. Turbo confirm need to change.

fueling side, if i were you, i wun go for additional injector. it wun be precise and with 400hp mark, i doubt you wanna take the risk. Already most of us know majority of the stock inlet manifold, will not able to cater equal air to each cylinder and you think of this, having extra fuel spray at TB level, you will have some cylinder run rich and some run lean.

Its not Unichip cant control the main injector, its not able to control well with such a large cc of injector. That is the problem with piggyback whn you need to control any injector 50% bigger thn the stock unit. There is always limitation on what piggyback can do.

With sufficient money to throw in, anything is possible. oh yeah, i always take 15% as drivetrain lost calcualtion for manual

my apology. my mind always set at AWD. front wheel drive should be around 15% to 20% trainny powerloss.

4G93 & 4G93T engine cooling system is different eventhough they share the same part number. the turbo version has piston seat cooling mechanism (fuel squirting) and where as the NA doesn't have any. You might want to look at this safety factor too when high boosting your colt NA engine.

just throw in gsr 4x390cc injector and add 2 450/510/560/bigger cc injector.Unichip should work in this combo.
turbo may option for To4 series (ball bearing type),Gt2835...gt30

Are you plan to drive this car for many years to come?

If yes, better change to turbo engine.

It will worth your while in long term.

Anyway, hope your project will be successful

really very useful advises bros.. but seriously.. the idea of changing to a turbo engine? u mean as in? 4g93 na to 4g93 T?? i mean it sounds meaningless... as in.. 4g93t the only difference is that it has fuel sqirters to cool the pistons down and also of the twin cam.. but in singapore.. seriously.. a single cam to a twin cam will be too obvious.. so the idea of changing a engine will be out.. hmm.. am actually looking at eagle conrods.. heard that king's conrods are also quite alright.. but am not too sure of the prices for the wisco pistons as well as the conrods and acl engine bearings.. will any body enlighten me on these.. as well as the turbo pricing?

and also.. gt2835 gt2860 gt30... what are the differences on these turbos.. and also which turbo is actually recommended for my engine for me to hit 400 bhp or more... hmm... and also i heard there are ready made t3/t4 flange turbo manifold for 4g93 from thailand?? anyone knows the price?? currently am running on custom manifold with vf series turbo flange for Wrx... so i guess i will have to change it...

and i have a seriously strange idea for my car.. that is to convert it to a Rwd.. LOL!! i know it sounds crazy.. but.. too bad la.. dont have money to buy a FR car.. so have to make the best of what i have.. LoL.. can i like take the EVO 3 under carriage and take out the front 2 to convert it to a rwd?? :idea:

Thanks a lot bros!! this forum is really helpful!

converting to FR in s'pore will be much obvious than changing from 4g93 to 4g93t DOHC.

good luck!

ok, bolt on turbo and change engine both in spore is illegal. however the penalties was quite a big different.

bolt on turbo, LTA only consider of exhaust modification hence u will only get slaped with sgd500 with inspection. If swap engine, thats it. you car is gone.....

mitsu_colt bro,
im quite positive you can use 4g93T conrod without need to change block.

If u wan to know which turbo able to cater your requirement, by right you need to know how to read compressor map and some calculation needed. but there is very layman guide, it may not be the best accuracy but generally every 150cfm = 100hp. so if u need 300hp on top of your stock engine 100hp, thn you will need to look for a turbo which can produce 450cfm @ 14.7psi as a guide line.

I think VF35 is ball bearing and shld be able to let you hit 400hp @ flywheel.

as for RWD, i do know JB got 2 satria's is doing that

normality,those satria u mention,is it purposely built race car or
street cars?never heard of rwd satria before.once caught,those
cars sure confiscated by the authority.

both was also street car. as far as i know, both of it has been running more thn a year now

thanks normality bro.. hmm... what do u mean by i can use 4g93T conrods?
u mean to say that 4g93T turbo conrods are more than enough to hold 400 bhp on crank?? and abt the vf35 .. what other choices do i have..?? is the td05 from a evo 3-4 enough to get 400?? and also.. am also considering between the gt2860 and gt30 turbos.. hmm.. yup.. and abt the rwd.. seriously speaking.. in sg.. i think its a grey area.. i mean its like they dont really check.. its something like gearb0x which is also a grey area... so changing to FR would not be considered "Illegal" in singapore..

and for the conversion.. will anybody here be able to enlighten me abt the process.. ?? i have seen a FR satria in a video which is on youtube.. anyone of u wants to see it.. just type FR satria in youtube.. and you will be able to see it..

and also.. err.. am planning to put spacers to my back wheels... will it be advisable?? and also how big shld i go?? 20mm?? 15mm?? thanks br0s....

both was also street car. as far as i know, both of it has been running more thn a year now
wow....not bad.do u know what their intention in doing so?i mean converting
to rwd.r they in to drift or drag?sorry for the question.just curious.:)
thanks normality bro.. hmm... what do u mean by i can use 4g93T conrods?
u mean to say that 4g93T turbo conrods are more than enough to hold 400 bhp on crank?? and abt the vf35 .. what other choices do i have..?? is the td05 from a evo 3-4 enough to get 400?? and also.. am also considering between the gt2860 and gt30 turbos.. hmm.. yup.. and abt the rwd.. seriously speaking.. in sg.. i think its a grey area.. i mean its like they dont really check.. its something like gearb0x which is also a grey area... so changing to FR would not be considered "Illegal" in singapore..

and for the conversion.. will anybody here be able to enlighten me abt the process.. ?? i have seen a FR satria in a video which is on youtube.. anyone of u wants to see it.. just type FR satria in youtube.. and you will be able to see it..

and also.. err.. am planning to put spacers to my back wheels... will it be advisable?? and also how big shld i go?? 20mm?? 15mm?? thanks br0s....

if can,try not to use spacer.look for wheels with offset below +30.that should
do it.

i mean your stock 4G93 na conrod may not strong enough to withstand the power increament. Dun forget, these are built for NA application. Not force induction. As for can it be fit or not, that you better check out with workshop but im quite certain it can. Personally i've seen quite some Gsr able to hit that benchmark with 93T conrod but not piston. Pls dun quote on me who knows the owner didnt be honest.

If i got the budget for garrett GT turbo, i wun be looking at td05 or VF35.

GT_Auto,
i do not know what is their intention but its a street car and i dun see the car drift at all. hehehehe

dear colt,

I have a similar set-up, maybe we can share info and learn from each other

1st engine piston blown, now on 2nd. Watch for my pm

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom