Car makes humming sound at high speed

Jun 25, 2018

Looking for some sifu advice on a weird sound my car is making.

It's like a loud humming that happens when I turn the wheel while going above 80km/h.

I've just had the tyres replaced. Before replacement sound was there, after replacement sound still there.

I've checked all my fluid levels, all okay. Replaced my front control arms and bearings earlier this year.

My car is 15+ years old Toyota Corolla. Any ideas?

All bearing replaced or just the side that is making noise?

drive until the sound appear then put the car into neutral, if the sound still there then its the wheel bearing. This item lifespan is very subjective. My 16 yo waja had never replaced the front bearing till today 206k km but my 10 yo blm at 165k km already needs replacement.

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
80km/h turn!!! initial d! must be your wheels squealing

*does it happen all the time or just when turning (lets try a lower speed next time)
bearings if kaput should occour at certain speeds (even in a straight line). Do what gunners is suggesting, should tell you if its the wheel/suspension component or the engine

Bro he mentioned .. "turn the wheel while going above 80km/h". Nanti masuk longkang
Turn slightly lah! My VR last time same thing. On highway going straight no sound, but slight turn got sound. Later send to mechanic check is wheel bearing kaput....

Looking for some sifu advice on a weird sound my car is making.

It's like a loud humming that happens when I turn the wheel while going above 80km/h.

I've just had the tyres replaced. Before replacement sound was there, after replacement sound still there.

I've checked all my fluid levels, all okay. Replaced my front control arms and bearings earlier this year.

My car is 15+ years old Toyota Corolla. Any ideas?
Try taking a video. Sounds are very hard to troubleshoot without something to listen/watch

parakey

Apr 30, 2012
Failing wheel bearings intially manifest themselves when taking turns. Typically turning left or right will cause the hum. It's either left or right. Rarely both

Yes, I read that but improper assembly or incorrect greasing may also lead to premature failure
true, using extreme rim and tire combo will also shorten the lifespan.just ask those daily drive 4x4 with offroad spec rim and tire.

depending on the car, some wheel bearing will produce sound like u r having a supercharger under the hood. Only sound ok, no additional power.

my blm is now humming at about 60km above and will amplified during corner.can feel the car is not as planted as before, somethig felt loose. when i have time, will check the tie rod oso and diy replace before sending to workshop for the bearing.

dont think i can diy the bearing with limited tool and no air gun.

The self-styled world cup of motorsports, the A1GP, had a decent formula that could have seen it reach that status had the spec-racing series stuck around longer. It pitted national teams against each other with identical Ferrari-powered chassis on circuits all around the world. Nonetheless, financial turmoil never really left the series and it was liquidated at the end of the 2009 season.

Since the series...