How to make my KIA PICANTO more POWERFUL

picanto517

Jan 27, 2005
my kia picanto is no pickup !!! how can i make it more powerful ????
or can i bolt-in a turbo into my PICANTO ???? where can i find the picanto bodykit ???? the sunway "DAICHII" say my car now still new model ,so need to custom made !!! can anybody help me ???? if anybody know pls reply me or call me 012-6599881 :)

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
KIA Picanto is not designed for fast driving. Personally if I want a more powerful car, I wouldn't buy a Kia Picanto in first place ;) Coming back to ur question, u can do the usual/bolt-on stuff eg airfilter etc. I don't know about KIA engine, so cannot comment about turbokit installation into KIA cars. Well, Toyota in Thailand actually produced a limited version of Toyota Vios turbo, so turbocharging a KIA may be possible, but might get you into alot of headache. Turbokit is not so "bolt-on" as many people think :)

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by taqu@Jan 27 2005, 13:17
Personally if I want a more powerful car, I wouldn't buy a Kia Picanto in first place ;)
....or Korean cars, in general. Hehehe j/k don't be angry, Ko-car owners; you own a "Car That Cares" :)

Coz our Proton doesn't care for us, you see... :angry:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Originally posted by prozac@Jan 27 2005, 13:41

....or Korean cars, in general.

:lol:

last time i was in international forum. the european no comment, but the american found it funny to see "performance" with "korean car" in the same sentence... seems like they don't really like it :mellow:

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
ppl designed a car to hv good FC... u go and mod it kao kao... <_<

weird..

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
dude,i'm sorry to say.a Picanto is not aerodynamically designed for good speed and stability.but f*ck THAT!we can make a piece of shit go fast dude!
go do the basic stuff,better intakes,headers and all that..
check for cams also..

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hai, yala, Picanto's reviews also mentioned about the lack of power in the car's performance. My mom's Picanto is coming in April also.

What my friend did for his Hyundai Elantra was custom make a header and exhaust system, pockup did improve. however, bit sacrifice on the FC side. perhaps can do the same for the distant Korean relative, Picanto. ;)

Cheers

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by gti88+Jan 28 2005, 13:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gti88 @ Jan 28 2005, 13:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-taqu@Jan 27 2005, 13:17
KIA Picanto is not designed for fast driving.
thats what ppl say about Jazz/Fit too. :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
then find out wat engine can be trasnplanted into kia picanto bcoz jazz can be transplanted wif a DC5 engine...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bros,
i'm using evo 3 engine with 2 1/2 " exhaust piping with standard curves (bengkang-bengkok) following the original path of the exhaust piping underneath the body...
i wanted to make it 3" with a straight piping (less back pressure for better performance)...

the question is:
1.can i just go to the exhaust shop and change it to straight one....
OR
2.should i change the petrol tank of a evo...

which one is better...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience