How I DIY my factory Clarion HU to pioneer

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
Hey guys, just thought i should share how i DIY my head unit in case any of you need to..

Firstly since we dont have the bloody key to release the HU

Remove old seating and put in new one

Figuring out the wiring was kinda tricky,but I guess you can get it online

The End:biggrin:

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
wah... nice diy... what about the wiring??... all plug n play same wiring??... jz change the socket??...
Cut the old socket, then follow colour with the wire from the new socket. Hehe. Same colour, then stick together lor.. But make sure you don't connect wrong wire la..

Anyway, This is the first time I see people post DIY change HU.. Thank man. Hehe..

babysmile

Aug 15, 2006
wow... so power!!!
Thumbs up for the DIY....

Jus make sure it's rite color then no problem... Save RM 20-30 ... but if we DIY and do it wrong.... it cost more than RM 30 already...

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
wah... nice diy... what about the wiring??... all plug n play same wiring??... jz change the socket??...
Some wires are the same ,but the pissing of part is some arent.So to double check the colour,had to remove the door panels to see what colour wire goes to the left front and right fornt,then the left back and the right back..the rest were pretty much the same..

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Wah!...sum useful info...nice DIY dude!!...can save money at least RM30....later all acc shop closed laa if everything we can DIY...heheh...but great job dude!!

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
tat too easy... but wira wiring if different colour form the Universal colour.. pioneer n other is universal colour...

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
make sure the speaker polarity (+ve/-ve) is right.
reverse polarity will "remove" bass from sound coming out from speaker. (pair of speaker canceling each other sound wave).

one way to determined right polarity is to use 1.5v battery.
find the speaker wire pair (-ve/+ve) and connect to the 1.5v battery.
see the speaker cone react, either pull inside or push outside.
push outside is the right polarity, mark the cable polarity.

however this is not the recommended way, this is one of the simplest way to check the polarity. (if cant access the speaker)
if u can access the speaker wiring then just follow the polarity marked at the speaker terminal.

power cable usually got 3.
ground (-ve)
main/memory/batt (+ve) - constant supply even switch off
acc (+ve) - supply when switch key to acc.

others might be. lamp (for dimmer purpose, some hu can dim if turn on lamp to avoid glaring).
power antenna (if got)

happy diy'ing

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
actually the easiest way to check the polarity :
If theres two wires eg. blue and striped blue or green and striped green
-the striped wire is -ve the solid colour is +ve..
-Battery power is always the higher gauge (thicker wire, usually red)
-ground is usually blue (usually comes with the Y-connecter head, best connect to body,just find any screw that is connected to body..the best location for head unit is below the cigarette tray
- acc wire is yellow i think..
-antenna..well theres only one socket it fits into so no hassle..
-amp remote turn on.. this is to acess ur amp to tell the HU to route power frm amp..in my case,just wrap it up with electric tape since no amp yet..

The irritating part is figuring out the colours for each speaker as Maxx has pointed out, proton doesnt follow universal colour coding..a$$holes..
Neways..happy DIYing..

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
yes.. usually the HU wiring no problem.
but the stock car wiring.. doesnt have any universal code/colour.

some using the cable colour as pair and differentiate the polarity by stripes. and some vice versa (stripe as pair n cable colour as polarity)

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
yes.. usually the HU wiring no problem.
but the stock car wiring.. doesnt have any universal code/colour.

some using the cable colour as pair and differentiate the polarity by stripes. and some vice versa (stripe as pair n cable colour as polarity)

Actually its universally accepted that the striped wire should be -ve if its paired..but today when i opened my room lamp (the light in the middle of your car ceiling) i realised that the striped wire is +ve..is this normal or are the proton techicians morons?:mad:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i think it is not universally the stripes r the +ve one.
i've done a lot of car wiring, and the stripes r just to differentiate cable if the cable colour r the same.

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
i think it is not universally the stripes r the +ve one.
i've done a lot of car wiring, and the stripes r just to differentiate cable if the cable colour r the same.

oh..im an electronic engineer and from my experience,the striped wire is usually taken for -ve..guess im mistaken..:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

does anyone here recommend TRD Suspension Kit...this would be for a MyVi...the kit is being retailed for RM2500...was considering between this, Titan (RM2000) and GAB...please advise and give your personal reviews...

i have used Titan before on my kelisa and loved them...but it was rather hard...sacrificing comfort quite a bit...the goal im hoping to get is to have improved handling with reasonable comfort since the MyVi is not really meant for cornering...just want to improve...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience