Greddy Emanage, Ultimate & V-Manage

normality78 said:
er.... APM got come out with ECU meh? i tot APM was a suspension company? whahahaha...

i think yours is Siemens ecu

Aiyaa, thats what was written at side of the ECU Box.
So Siemens arrr.
Leceh, but still can attach to emanage rite.

Will plan to do that after raya.

normality78 said:
er.... APM got come out with ECU meh? i tot APM was a suspension company? whahahaha...

i think yours is Siemens ecu

Hi bro,

I think it may be MMC. There should be a MMC mark somewhere...

APM actually purchases the ECUs from MMC or Siemens and supply to Proton..
:regular_smile:

Zul,

Long time no see!!

I heard 20V ECU cannot use piggyback. (SAFC, E-manage, Unichip, etc.)

If using piggyback on 20V ecu, watever new setting from piggyback will be reverse back to ori by default because of the "firewall" of 20V ECU.

Is this accurate info?

mr joe,called you but unable to go thru.how r u nowdays...

regarding that issue..it only apply to SAFC.

ive check and research and interview quite some people already..

eventhough emanage is a piggyback same like safc.the way it 'piggyback' is totally different from safc.

heehe maybe we can discuss here??

Normal efi operation is....sensor send signal to ecu.ecu will do the math and send signal to injector,solenoid etc to run the engine.

SAFC
safc mode of operation is to sit between the sensor and the ecu.This mean safc manipulate the sensor voltage.it will lower down or increase the voltage to give a modified signal to ecu.Then the ecu will do the nececassry 'thinking' and give the instruction to injector and other stuff to run the engine...

Sensor>>>>SAFC>>>>ECU>>>>injector and such...

EMANAGE
Emanage on the other hand..is quite different.
Sensor will, as usual provide feedback in voltage to the ecu.then the ecu will churn out the instruction.Emanage then will take over this signal.emanage then churn out its 'own' instruction to the ijector n such.Meaning to say that emanage will have the last say.Ecu already did his duty.Even though the ecu will keep modfied its instruction to injector,emanage will still calculate his own instruction,no matter how.

Theres a trick.to use emanage in0v need its full harness.ignition n fuel.

Sensor>>>>Ecu>>>>Emanage>>>>Injector n such.

what do you think??Feel free to add to discuss.

Thank you.:regular_smile:

CARENT said:
Hi bro,

I think it may be MMC. There should be a MMC mark somewhere...

APM actually purchases the ECUs from MMC or Siemens and supply to Proton..
:regular_smile:
Phewww
So relief, you're right Carent. Its MMC.
I saw Mitsubishi Logo on the ECU after peeping through the small space.

Now can start thinking of Emanage.
But the BOT seems interesting to. Price also quite good. Which one arrr...

anyway both you also need. whn u go for BOT, u surely need piggyback. but if u got emanage to tune on your stock engine, dun expect performance.

How about 16V like mine?

Will it be same situation like 20V?

Toyota newbie here.

im not too sure regarding this.
but i have a good feeling that it shud be damn OK for 16v too.

hahhaa blind leading the blind and blind driver??
we shud form a blind geng liao :)

Joeker said:
How about 16V like mine?

Will it be same situation like 20V?

Toyota newbie here.

joe:there are alot of 16v and 20v running on emanage in ipoh,i think shouldn be any pro

OIC,

Anyway guys, coincidently last friday I was talking to a fren (who drives a BT 20V) about this piggyback thingy vs. the 20V ECU subject.

He was of the opinion that 20V ECUs were'nt capable of using any sort of piggybacks and was considering a standalone EMS.

Wat about piggyback ECUs like Unichip, Obit ,etc?

Will they be defaulted to ori settings like the SAFC or otherwise?

unichip is used by one of our friend.he said ok.
Obit im not too sure.

joe:haven see any with safc,im not very good in those technical stuff but if wat u said was true then all the 16v and 20v are running on functionless emanage on their car.haha.and another thing if the emanage was working on the 20v then dun think there will be problem wiht other piggyback.rite?

Last edited:
Lan evo:safc and emanage have different way to function.
If emanage work with 20v..doesnt mean safa will work too.

erm... curious about this.

1. As discuss in the earlier post of the posibility that Sensor>>>>Ecu>>>>Emanage>>>>Injector n such, how do we install in such a way it will work that way? As normally its Sensor>>>>SAFC>>>>ECU>>>>.

2. Should we able to install and tune it, how do we confirm that the final signal send to the engine is the value that we want?

lan evo said:
joe:haven see any with safc,im not very good in those technical stuff but if wat u said was true then all the 16v and 20v are running on functionless emanage on their car.haha.and another thing if the emanage was working on the 20v then dun think there will be problem wiht other piggyback.rite?

My 16V is running on SAFCII. Its working rather well.

As GT20V mentioned, its where the piggyback is located. If the piggyback intercepts input signals before the OE ECU, the modified input signals will be defaulted by the OE ECU and hence output signals to the injectors or ignition remains unchanged

Anyway, my fren told me his fren tried an Obit piggyback chip on his 20V BT. The settings keep getting defaulted.

So I'm curious to know what piggybacks can and cannot run on 20Vs OE ECU.

Nothing to do with this thread....:embaressed_smile:

Just wanted to say "Hello" to my friend Zul whom I have not seen for a few years now! :shades_smile:

Did anyone try to dyno before install any Emanage or other piggyback , any dyno again after install , and see what the different of it.

my fren 4efte dyno tuning with e-manage in gt auto tat day with 1.6bar 200bhp on wheel... i think with d piggy back it can push ur car to almost 20% gain...make d owner happy till gigi cabut!:X-:

Speed Demon said:
Nothing to do with this thread....:embaressed_smile:

Just wanted to say "Hello" to my friend Zul whom I have not seen for a few years now! :shades_smile:

wassup bro....hello to you..hehehhe ....got junior already or not?
hahahhah:_:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom