FLX MT Rev meter lagging

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I need some help and guide here. I notice that the FLX RPM meter is lagging on each gear shift.

Example:

3rd gear up to 4th gear. When shifting from 3rd to 4th not matter how I shift after when I'm in 4th gear and already on throttle the RPM still drops before gaining back. This makes the RPM reading not accurate. Now before asking me to fix another tachometer (which will be my last resort) I want to know why 1st? why the lag? I'm thinking that the RPM meter on the FLX is reading signal pulse instead of cable type. Not sure yet.

The lag is even more if I do quick shifts. I ask the Proton people. They tell me don't shift so fast. @_@

Any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you :wavey:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No idea but I do suffer from lag even from auto unlike other auto cars. I get the VTEC kick in feel...step on the throttle car just wont move, then suddenly rpm goes up then gear change only it gives a pull...

It lags most of the time. Not sure about Manual. Mine is BLM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
It's a feature by Proton. Its called crap. Get a tachometer or RSM.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Try to use a ETC for cancelling the electronic throttle lag and see how first... coz drive-by-wire always lags and the ETC is just a box of caps to hold power to amplify the throttle signal/sensitivity. Mine works like a dream for 350, it does what it suppose to PnP.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So ETC is the only one to go, thought of it on my cars too but only form cars with drive by wire which I think most modern cars are dbw?

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ETC is indeed work like a charm on dbw, maybe better spark plugs and grounding point.
Btw, accompany a friend to service his Saga BLM this morning. He complained about the throttle lag + gear slip and guess what,
the mechanic told him to change to 10w-30 mineral eo and buy a platinum spark plug instead to minimize the issue...lol.

Anyone been to G CarCare? Words has it that they could tune a Campro or even a tb to more aggressive setting. Question is whether the tuning will stay or ecu/tb will relearn the driver's driving style?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ETC is indeed work like a charm on dbw, maybe better spark plugs and grounding point.
Btw, accompany a friend to service his Saga BLM this morning. He complained about the throttle lag + gear slip and guess what,
the mechanic told him to change to 10w-30 mineral eo and buy a platinum spark plug instead to minimize the issue...lol.

Anyone been to G CarCare? Words has it that they could tune a Campro or even a tb to more aggressive setting. Question is whether the tuning will stay or ecu/tb will relearn the driver's driving style?
Use Mineral EO? Damn! That's the cheapest ever EO. Just ask your friend try 5W-30 FS. I used it and my car now felt better. The lag was not as bad as before. Engine seems smoother than usual.
U just dun feel the BLM like struggling as bad as before.

1st time trying on Bardahl 5W-30 FS. All the while is Semi Syn from Petronas Serviced by SC

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I was told the laggy rev meter is the cheapo stepper motor Proton is using so either change the stepper motor not sure can find or install external meter or RSM...

Throttle lag, you put ground cable will reduce the lag only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Next Bike Sdn Bhd, the official Ducati distributor in Malaysia, has just launched the new Streetfighter 848 and much like it's numeral, its gotten is guts from the mini-superbike Ducati 848.

<!--more-->Based on the*original*Streetfighter <del>game</del> bike that adopted the engine from the Ducati 1,098, the new 848-based Streetfighter now comes to us with a few minor tweaks to help...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience