First Drifting Car? What do you suggest?

First Drifting Car? What do you suggest

• Nissan Cefiro A31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan 180sx

• Nissan S13

• Toyota KE 70

• Toyota AE 86

• Toyota TE 7*

• Others

• Total voters

SR20KET

Dec 22, 2005
Make and model: Toyota KE70 GL

Your Comment of your first drift car: erm duno car still undergoing projek hahahahah hopefully can drift la

Your Suggestions to newbie: no suggestion i'm a newbie myself

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car: r32 skyline. saw the black r32 that keep on bang bang bang with the backfire system in bukit jalil veli cun oh

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
i would love to see this for a change heheh

In memories of the great drift pioneer, (an Italian, mind you) Tazio Nuvolari. It was the first ever recorded drift in history by Enzo Ferrari who passenger Nuvolari in the races making him the first to master the four wheel drifting skill. Viva Italia!

here is a bit of that history for your info ;) read on...

"Through the years the Scuderia Ferrari would employ such great drivers as Giuseppe Campari, Louis Chiron, Achille Varzi and the greatest of them all Tazio Nuvolari.Except for Nuvolari's great victory in the 1935 German Grand Prix, victories in any of the major races were few and far between. During these years his team faced the German might of Auto Union and Mercedes. On one occasion Ferrari had the opportunity to passenger the great Nuvolari. At the trials on the "Three Provinces" Circuit, when he asked his companion (Ferrari was also driving there with a more powerful car than the Mantuan's) to take him with him. It should be added that Nuvolari did not know that circuit. "At the first bend," Ferrari writes, "I had the clear sensation that Tazio had taken it badly and that we would end up in the ditch; I felt myself stiffen as I waited for the crunch. Instead, we found ourselves on the next straight with the car in a perfect position. I looked at him," Ferrari goes on. "His rugged face was calm, just as it always was, and certainly not the face of someone who had just escaped a hair-raising spin. I had the same sensation at the second bend. By the fourth or fifth bend I began to understand; in the meantime, I had noticed that through the entire bend Tazio did not lift his foot from the accelerator, and that, in fact, it was flat on the floor. As bend followed bend, I discovered his secret. Nuvolari entered the bend somewhat earlier than my driver's instinct would have told me to. But he went into the bend in an unusual way: with one movement he aimed the nose of the car at the inside edge, just where the curve itself started. His foot was flat down, and he had obviously changed down to the right gear before going through this fearsome rigmarole. In this way he put the car into a four-wheel drift, making the most of the thrust of the centrifugal force and keeping it on the road with the traction of the driving wheels. Throughout the bend the car shaved the inside edge, and when the bend turned into the straight the car was in the normal position for accelerating down it, with no need for any corrections." Ferrari honestly admits that he soon became used to this exercise, because he saw Nuvolari do it countless times. "But each time I seemed to be climbing into a roller coaster and finding myself coming through the downhill run with that sort of dazed feeling that we all know."

Car Make and Model : Alfa Romeo 75

Car Year : late 80's

Your Comment of your first drift car : do not have one but i do power slides with my mum's kelisa on rainy days somewhere in the neighbourhood ;) but would like to experiement on all drivetrains though...

Your Suggestions to newbie : I'm a newbie myself so i would suggest pray for rainy days to practice and find an opening or a safe area to...go crazy... (have tried to drift with company's Suzuki ERV before too, pretty scary but capabled nonetheless heheh)

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : Haven't got a clue as i haven't tried all of 'em to know their slippery characteristics though. But in terms of doing it sideways and look good at doing it, i would like to go sidewinding bonkers with a rare car...the likes of a old skool vw beetle or a karman ghia ;)

Last edited:

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
Car Make and Model : Nissan 180SX Type 2
Car Year : 1994
Your Comment of your first drift car : Very well balanced, great low and midrange power, max torque comes in at about 4000rpm (and that's a good thing), changes directions with ease
Your Suggestions to newbie : I don't recommend drifting in the wet as that is very dangerous and you would lose control of the car easily. Find an open spot, put a cone in the middle of it, and practice making circles. Once you get used to it, practice controlling the size of the circle, and after that the figure 8..
Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : Ferrari F430

SR20KET: Too much bang bang and you can expect a boom at the end :D

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
Car Make and Model : the WBH8668 :D Volvo 240GL (A) not my car la...my parent punya!

Car Year : 1980 but already sold...hehe

Your Comment of your first drift car : i just want to making fun of hearing the sound of the crying tyre and the feeling of the car goyang like a boat.

Your Suggestions to newbie : dont be so stupid like me...ok you can but please DONT do it on a place which is so open/many people. Do it on a slow speed and turn the steering kao-kao :wink:

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : duno...but i prefer doing something weird like mod a Waja to Rwd blah blah blah...

kugan81

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Penang
Visit site
Drift NewBie

Hi there all,

I am new to professional drifting. I have a Toyota Celica 1985 RWD which used to be an Automatic(Looks like an AE86 but is much wider). I used to drift with the Auto Gearbox on the sand and i got a hang on how to drift with the help of Tsuchiya (Drift Bible) and really love it.

The problem I am having is I recently changed my Toyota's powerplant to a 1JZ GTE (2.5 litre TT) from a Supra. I managed to get the Supra's subframe and rear differential installed with LSD but i am not sure of the tire size for my car. I have no one to advise me. I already bought 1 set of Enkei RPO1 16" the front is 7 inch wide and the rear is 8 inch wide and i managed to get Yokohama 16" 215/50 series tires for the front and 16" 235/50 series tires for the rear and i am ok with this setup for my normal daily use. the part i am unsure of is when i want to go drifting for example join a SSO or maybe go for a drift practice in Batu Kawan what tires should i use. I tought of getting my self another set of rims which are 7 inches wide for example 16" 205/50 for the front and rear. DOes this work? waht do you guys use when u guys are dirfting. Do i need to get another set of rims similar to my current ones or can i use the rims with 7 inch width for both front and back. Please help. An example of how my car looks is attached

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
kugan81: are you from the northern region??? since you said you wanna drift in batu kawan??? :smile:

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
Car Make and Model : Nissan 180sx

Car Year : 1992

Your Comment of your first drift car : Hmmm can 1st gear u turn drift

Your Suggestions to newbie : Get those non power steering, freaking hard to drift like KP61. as soon as you upgrade to a nicer car... nothing can turn you down :)

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : D1 spec... whatsoever vehicle. AS long as all items for dritting is install then i'll tarpau the freaking hill and street drifting kekeke

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Is Toyota Levin an ultimate drifting machine ?

smalldidi

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
hi, how about datsun 120y ? suitable for drift ?

viosTurbo

Jul 27, 2004
Car Make and Model : Fiat 125 Polski
Car Year : 1969

Your Comment of your first drift car : This car is my first MT car, my grandfather's car. I use it to practice driving when I was 10. My Dad using it until now. Well, it is really old and underpower(100bhps) for driffing, so I will only use it after a rainning, for drift.

Your Suggestions to newbie : You got old car with rear wheel driving it, use it. Change to a better rear wheel until you find yourself is telented in this. Suspension and tires pressure determine your drifting as well as horse power.

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : Still my 125, maybe turbo kit and better suspension will help! hehe.. :regular_smile:

kevyim

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
Car Make and Model : Fiat 131 Mirafiori/Supermirafiori

Car Year : 1978 - 1983

Your Comment of your first drift car : It's really a stabile car, with original great suspension and engine, come with either twin-weber or injection, running well and powerful. Cornering, I'm Lovin' It.

Your Suggestions to newbie : You own it, you know it. Try to have a look on the japanese review of this car.
http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/2005/09/fiat_131_mirafi.html

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : Hope to get another Fiat 131 to mod even it's rare.

smalldidi

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
oIIIIII...! here also meet u ar..i m ....pls c my profile u will know it...how r u man...hows ur fiat ?? nice test drive b4..still remember the feel of the "weber"..

Hope to c u again..cheers!!

the man with ring....

S

skyline86

First Ever Drift Car KE70!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheapest Drift Machine, minor accident heart also wont pain..... If drift with skyline even minor accident heart also pain lor..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sorry, I got issues with spelling.

So yeah, thoughts about this car? Yes this thread is directed at an individual who recently contracted STD. Our very own izso!

Is the CVT boring?
Does the cornering ability makes you clench your butt cheeks?
Does the engine drone constantly being maintained ~3000rpm for peak torque by the CVT?

Tell us more!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience