exhaust mod

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
hi gang,
I'm thinking about upgrading my stock wira 1.5 exhaust parts.
how should I start? one-shot hantam extractor, mid and muffler?

if only change one of the 3 (example extractor only) got effect on performance?
If possible I also dont want OVER-loud, nanti jiran buat bising

what suggestion ah?

patru

Nov 15, 2004
change the header or else you're making more noise than power..
if you're tight on budget, change the header + rear muffler and keep
the existing pipe and mid section.

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
extractor and header are the same things right? sry i newbie a bit...
mid-pipe i think includes the catalytic converter? can safely remove ma?

ezrider

Jun 14, 2006
KL
do everything all at one go - front to back, with bigger piping too. try to go for straight pipe all the way down the middle - this way your acceleration will be very very good.

in my experience you have to get the intake too - air ram, sport filter, etc. this way you'll get better power and combustion, higher speeds without burning much more petrol! cheers n good luck...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hi gang,
I'm thinking about upgrading my stock wira 1.5 exhaust parts.
how should I start? one-shot hantam extractor, mid and muffler?

if only change one of the 3 (example extractor only) got effect on performance?
If possible I also dont want OVER-loud, nanti jiran buat bising

what suggestion ah?
wira auto or manual??

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
no matter auto or manual... 1.5 use straightflow will be very lagggy at low end right? suggest a branded extractor, slightly large original route piping and a used perdana v6 exhaust... quiet and smooth flow... just 2 cent

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
no matter auto or manual... 1.5 use straightflow will be very lagggy at low end right? suggest a branded extractor, slightly large original route piping and a used perdana v6 exhaust... quiet and smooth flow... just 2 cent
mine is a 1.5 manual....
this got my interest... use a v6 perdana exhaust can get quiet sound? but can be specific a bit, which parts? the muffler only? what brand extractor do you recommend? Originally i plan to go into exhaust shop and let them recommend, but it is better to do some "homework" first right? that is why I hope to get all the tips I can from you gurus! the piping, any diameter ideal for me? mostly city driving, weekend highway long trips. extractor type, 4-1 or 4-2-1 better for my type of driving?

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
mine is a 1.5 manual....
this got my interest... use a v6 perdana exhaust can get quiet sound? but can be specific a bit, which parts? the muffler only? what brand extractor do you recommend? Originally i plan to go into exhaust shop and let them recommend, but it is better to do some "homework" first right? that is why I hope to get all the tips I can from you gurus! the piping, any diameter ideal for me? mostly city driving, weekend highway long trips. extractor type, 4-1 or 4-2-1 better for my type of driving?
Just like you wont ask a insurance agent whether you need more insurance covered; never let them recommend unless you really know them well... orelse you will be slashed like nobody business...:biggrin: I kena b4...:thefinger:

My car also for city use, using hotbits 4-2-1 (dare not try cap ayam after kena con few times), 2.1" piping without catalytic converter(consider small for my car, but i want torque), and exhaust similar like v6. acceleration not so bad. As for you, extractor can use either hotbits or powerzone, exhaust can use ori wira 1.8/v6 also very silent, but you might need a good center bullet due to low displacement... whats your budget btw? and i m also very newbie, you should try ask others who drove same car.:biggrin:

limking

Mar 12, 2009
:biggrin::biggrin:Just change to 4-2-1 extractor . bullet shape centre and 1.8 wira spec rear twin muffler exhaust .Guess that will do .Did mine the same ,cost not more than RM 750 .:wavey: Cheap some got power.

Danny_Morello

Mar 14, 2009
:biggrin::biggrin:Just change to 4-2-1 extractor . bullet shape centre and 1.8 wira spec rear twin muffler exhaust .Guess that will do .Did mine the same ,cost not more than RM 750 .:wavey: Cheap some got power.
ur ride is manual or auto? for 750 wat brand u get?

limking

Mar 12, 2009
mine's manual .Mine all no brand ones ,went to exhaust shop and ask them to fix that's all.So long already until now still good ,no drop in performance but of course car must maintain properly lah.:biggrin:

Danny_Morello

Mar 14, 2009
mine's manual .Mine all no brand ones ,went to exhaust shop and ask them to fix that's all.So long already until now still good ,no drop in performance but of course car must maintain properly lah.:biggrin:
i'm thinkin of changing my catcon tu bullet type (can buy with bro kent) n change the xtrctor to zenden 4-2-1 (also can buy with bro kent) what do u think? my ride is wira 1.5 auto..

one more thing what is the diameter of wira stock pipng? can i still use it?

limking

Mar 12, 2009
I think that shouldn't be a problem .You can use back the the old rear exhaust if you like.( can expect better fuel comsumption this way )But if you wanted to have a smooth and better out flow than change the rear one ,loh but the f/c will be abit more then.My Wira twin pipe exhaust is 2 inches in diameter each.Exhaust sound out is o'kay like abit sporty but not loud.
More smooth and better ommp as well this way but have to sacrifice abit on f/c.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
ok from all you expert's advise, i so far summarize like this la...
extractor - 4-2-1
mid section - bullet
cat conv - remove (sorry mother nature)
muffler - perdana v6, wira 1.8, my standard, or twin type

eh, means rear muffler not so important overall ka? curious, and coz i newbie also.
the hotbits and branded exhaust, very expensive? coz i initially plan to have everything done for as cheap as possible (but if BIG difference between unbranded and branded, i'll pay more)

i find the low - mid torque of my current stock car acceptable, but high end seems to be very "short" dunno how to explain. it is like, at end of mid-range torque i can feel power start to come, but it is short-lived (dont last very long until next gear change)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

today i was cruising along the usual route around my housing area, i saw a funny SUV with super GT wing on top of its roof....walao eh....he really a Funny one...so i snap some pics and thinking of starting a thread for all to share what are the real car enthusiast will do to their car to make it nicer, faster and even nastier looking.....

compared to some funny so called car enthusiast putting on stickers of Nismo to their iswara, Mugen to their kancil and BMW emblem to their Ford...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience