y after aircon on lack pwr ha??

ryucky81

Jun 1, 2005
johore
hi,me driving wira 1.5 sedan. y after aircon on lack pwr ha?? if switch off aircon can really feel the diff. mod only change extrator n mid pipe.

any suggestion to make it more pwr when on aircon.

thanks in advance

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
eh..i tot on air cond feel no power coz the engine need 2 supply xtra power thru all those belt stuff 2 the air cond compressor(o wat they call it...)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Jinjang
Parasitic drag from the air con compresor saps power from the engine.

Having the air-con off releases the engine from this parasitic drag.

drexchan

Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
AC compressor don't use power from the battery, thus it has nothing to do with the battery. Wel, it does use some power to engage and disengage the magnetic clutch.

Adding a VS won't help.
Grounding won't help.
Changing the pulley may help.
Changing to rotary type compressor will help.

InitialD

Aug 27, 2004
drexchan said:
AC compressor don't use power from the battery, thus it has nothing to do with the battery. Wel, it does use some power to engage and disengage the magnetic clutch.

Adding a VS won't help.
Grounding won't help.
Changing the pulley may help.
Changing to rotary type compressor will help.
How about adding a Super Charger or Turbo Charger? Will that help?

airc on use belt n pully to run...once u On air con...the engine has to support one more pully so it feel heavier n u cant feel d power...

once u OFF d aircon...d ac pully din work...so d engine feels lighter n it can perform better...

if u juz change ekzos system..try to change d intake system as well so tat to match with d output system

drexchan

Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
InitialD said:
How about adding a Super Charger or Turbo Charger? Will that help?

Hehe!! Just for the a/c power-drain?? Well, it helps by increasing the power output of the engine.. but the compressor will still drain it. It's just that the % won't be that significant. Weii.. never thought of SC or TC in solving the A/C problem also.. you creative lar..

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
drexchan...is there anyway 2 on air cond but suffer norminal power drain onli leh?

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
nvm lah...dun wanna spend so much just 2 prevent power loss from air-cond,,hehehe...
i rather turn off the air cond..

drexchan

Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
for some cars. like my 04' wira sedan, you need to turn of the compressor as well by adjusting the temperature control knob to 0. The compressor will keep running, even the fan, if the temperature in the cooling coil is higher than the setting.

So, it's pretty annoying that the compressor still kicks in and out even i don't switch on the blower.

As on the news and internet, the gov soon might reimplant the previous policy, inspection is a must for cars older then 5 years maybe once per 1 or 2 years..... If not pass inspection, car might be going scrap.... I believe many guys here having a "baby" that is more then 5 years right?if the gov require to do so, what say you?:smokin:

Plus, gov said that this policy is to make the cars on the road be more safe, and promote citizen to buy new and quality car (as they proposed, owner that...