y after aircon on lack pwr ha??

ryucky81

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
johore
hi,me driving wira 1.5 sedan. y after aircon on lack pwr ha?? if switch off aircon can really feel the diff. mod only change extrator n mid pipe.

any suggestion to make it more pwr when on aircon.

thanks in advance

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
eh..i tot on air cond feel no power coz the engine need 2 supply xtra power thru all those belt stuff 2 the air cond compressor(o wat they call it...)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Parasitic drag from the air con compresor saps power from the engine.

Having the air-con off releases the engine from this parasitic drag.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
AC compressor don't use power from the battery, thus it has nothing to do with the battery. Wel, it does use some power to engage and disengage the magnetic clutch.

Adding a VS won't help.
Grounding won't help.
Changing the pulley may help.
Changing to rotary type compressor will help.

Last edited:

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
drexchan said:
AC compressor don't use power from the battery, thus it has nothing to do with the battery. Wel, it does use some power to engage and disengage the magnetic clutch.

Adding a VS won't help.
Grounding won't help.
Changing the pulley may help.
Changing to rotary type compressor will help.
How about adding a Super Charger or Turbo Charger? Will that help?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
airc on use belt n pully to run...once u On air con...the engine has to support one more pully so it feel heavier n u cant feel d power...

once u OFF d aircon...d ac pully din work...so d engine feels lighter n it can perform better...

if u juz change ekzos system..try to change d intake system as well so tat to match with d output system

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
InitialD said:
How about adding a Super Charger or Turbo Charger? Will that help?

Hehe!! Just for the a/c power-drain?? Well, it helps by increasing the power output of the engine.. but the compressor will still drain it. It's just that the % won't be that significant. Weii.. never thought of SC or TC in solving the A/C problem also.. you creative lar..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
drexchan...is there anyway 2 on air cond but suffer norminal power drain onli leh?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
nvm lah...dun wanna spend so much just 2 prevent power loss from air-cond,,hehehe...
i rather turn off the air cond..

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
for some cars. like my 04' wira sedan, you need to turn of the compressor as well by adjusting the temperature control knob to 0. The compressor will keep running, even the fan, if the temperature in the cooling coil is higher than the setting.

So, it's pretty annoying that the compressor still kicks in and out even i don't switch on the blower.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As on the news and internet, the gov soon might reimplant the previous policy, inspection is a must for cars older then 5 years maybe once per 1 or 2 years..... If not pass inspection, car might be going scrap.... I believe many guys here having a "baby" that is more then 5 years right?if the gov require to do so, what say you?:smokin:

Plus, gov said that this policy is to make the cars on the road be more safe, and promote citizen to buy new and quality car (as they proposed, owner that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience