Engine Oil from Tesco

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Because the locals are complaining to HQ that they unable to achieve the given target due to too much same ori products offered more cheap at hyper market.

Tesco also been given a warning letter if not mistaken for this EU oils

The EU one very smart that there is no seal after the cap in order to avoid any unnecessary complaint from the locals

:listen:actually EU one better to use than the local one d:marchmellow:
Grrr, what's the rights of those local oil distributors to give warning to Tesco if Tesco is selling legit oils??? If I were Tesco I'd give both middle fingers to them! Those local distributors are just damn greedy bastards!Just unfortunately Tesco simply bend over like a dog, sigh..very disappointed with Tesco. Lucky still have Giant but Giant doesn't offer as many brands as Tesco last time. AEON also still has but not as many too and mostly semi synth oils.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
2.TV station is dying for people to pay them for advert.Give kaw2 discount but people did not bother as social media is free and more effective.
This one is very noticeable but I din't see many people talking about it until now. Media Prima kept calling people to advertise.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Terrible how the oil companies hold us ransom. Americans are super surprised to hear of our E.O prices. Its sooo cheap over there.
yes.. but the cost of sending it down to here are expensive compare to EU since EU is mostly an import countries not like US got both

Well, lucky Giant took over and now selling Shell Helix Ultra cheaper than Tesco even.......
Ya.. but dont know when it will be last till some jokers go and complaint

Grrr, what's the rights of those local oil distributors to give warning to Tesco if Tesco is selling legit oils??? If I were Tesco I'd give both middle fingers to them! Those local distributors are just damn greedy bastards!Just unfortunately Tesco simply bend over like a dog, sigh..very disappointed with Tesco. Lucky still have Giant but Giant doesn't offer as many brands as Tesco last time. AEON also still has but not as many too and mostly semi synth oils.
1st of all, this is what I had heard dont know if is real or not about the letter
Well, this is very common for survival games on those big companies where you wont know what will happen if you are not working inside since this kind of company are controlling the global sales.

We can not blame any one, just blame that why our G after changed also the tax is still high.
FYI, found one thing is very funny... those branded and 17th inch above tyre price are cheaper in Singapore compare to Malaysia due to tax.. even after convert..
I also feel wired since Malaysia is a rubber producer country... just know it is tax issues when checked around...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think both are BIG MNC, so they agree upon. If small fry they won't not care......lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya.. but dont know when it will be last till some jokers go and complaint

1st of all, this is what I had heard dont know if is real or not about the letter
Well, this is very common for survival games on those big companies where you wont know what will happen if you are not working inside since this kind of company are controlling the global sales.

We can not blame any one, just blame that why our G after changed also the tax is still high.
FYI, found one thing is very funny... those branded and 17th inch above tyre price are cheaper in Singapore compare to Malaysia due to tax.. even after convert..
I also feel wired since Malaysia is a rubber producer country... just know it is tax issues when checked around...
Shell already develop local packing to counter, but consumer looking at prices only, imagine can buy 2 bottles from Giant for 1 from Shell.

Not sure of oil taxes, but for tyres, if they are made in Asean countries have preferential tax rate using form D, that is why many open factories in Asean, like Toyo in Malaysia, Michelin in Thailand, Goodyear have in a few Asean countries and many brands have in Indonesia also. Even China I think can use their form E preferential rate. So if prices are higher could be the importers' margin

Reactions: alcyon

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Shell already develop local packing to counter, but consumer looking at prices only, imagine can buy 2 bottles from Giant for 1 from Shell.

Not sure of oil taxes, but for tyres, if they are made in Asean countries have preferential tax rate using form D, that is why many open factories in Asean, like Toyo in Malaysia, Michelin in Thailand, Goodyear have in a few Asean countries and many brands have in Indonesia also. Even China I think can use their form E preferential rate. So if prices are higher could be the importers' margin

yup, Shell did got 5-30 semi syn that i like to use a lot and the price is cheaper than 5-40 fully syn from Giant.

indeed there is borang D and E but there are AP that need to import in some special cargoes thus the each country internal tax are different.
import Tax or AP or Sales Tax + local Tax bla bla bla.. means higher selling price..

but compare to other country ours still better

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
yes.. but the cost of sending it down to here are expensive compare to EU since EU is mostly an import countries not like US got both

was meaning, even though the local Shell are blended here, yet the price is terribly expensive, even the EU ones are cheaper.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
was meaning, even though the local Shell are blended here, yet the price is terribly expensive, even the EU ones are cheaper.

Hard to say man since i am not working in shell.. but this kind of big companies usually got a lot of plantation where the EU one might be blend at other countries than South East Asia where the cost is much more lower..

There is also special import tax for some companies if they able to import in big volume depending on the forwarding agent / how they discuss with the customs:listen:

Rickman

Oct 23, 2017
Temerloh
My honda civic vehicle is under service period, i tend to use semi synthetic engine oil, but the worker request full synthetic, the price is much higher, what should i choose? Did my vehicle really need to use full synthetic or they just want earn more money from me?

Oct 23, 2017
mentkab
My honda civic vehicle is under service period, i tend to use semi synthetic engine oil, but the worker request full synthetic, the price is much higher, what should i choose? Did my vehicle really need to use full synthetic or they just want earn more money from me?
Did you try the full synthetic engine oil before? For me, that will be some different in the engine performance. May b you should try 1 time to compare the 2 types of engine oil. But dont use the fake engine oil, it will make you in a big trouble.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well the advantage of FS oil are supposedly better engine protection and longer oil change intervals ( for example if semi needs to be change
aat 5k or 7.5k km then FS can last up to 10, 15, some even 20k km or more!) So now depends on what FS oil is given and how much is the price. Not all FS oil are the same, some are still very close to semi as they're group 3, some are more pure and above group 3 category and also more expensive.

For me, I use FS oils also on all my cars but try find those branded ones at cheap promotion prices. For example Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 at only rm90-100/btl during promotion at Giant.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Call me cynical, but those two fellas seems like the same person logging in twice under different accounts..
This is my assumption but at no point an accusation;
-it was mentioned in the 2nd post that 'to try FS oil' on ground that it makes the engine perform better despite the higher price mentioned by the 1st post. The post is subversively pushing for FS oil but does not condem other oil type so the issue is not the type of oil.
-then the 2nd post mentioned to not go for fake oil. How to be sure? there is a certain company which has an app to ensure the oil is genuine. pushing for that brand?
most probably yes.

Anyway, that certain brand is the choice i go for if Tesco have a sale.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all and calling all turbo sifus alike for their advice,

on my previous car (a proton) i transplanted an evo 3 engine and modded it slightly more than 300hp, it was quite good and i was pleased with the per4mance. now at the moment (on another car, again still a proton) running on a 1.8 GSR turbo but suddenly feel like putting a 2.0 litre 4G63 powerplant back in again. i'm familiar with the evo engines la but i've heard some VERY VERY good reviews on the VR4 RS also. i've tested a few...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience