DIY personal protection gadget

kevinc

500 RPM

kevinc

500 RPM
Dec 10, 2003
one thing I've thought of is the stun gun. too much crime these days. well, just for self protection purpose.

knewing it's ilegal to sell or own a proper stun gun, maybe the voltage is too high (100k - 600k volts) for public owning.

I've thought of modding the mosquito trat. as a stun rod. not sure this is legal or not ya ? some of you already knew it's used to zap mosquitos & flies. it works with 2 x double A batteries (3v, while stun gun uses 9v), producing a mere 2500v.

What I'm interested is how can I increase the voltage ? change to bigger solenoid & capacitor ? stronger batteries ?

I'm not an engineer by profession, so any suggestion, ideas or view from any party is highly appreciated. thanks.

kevinc

500 RPM

kevinc

500 RPM
Dec 10, 2003
also known as the 'mosquito racket'

Last edited:

Indecided

I

Indecided

Originally posted by kevinc@Oct 6 2004, 14:40
one thing I've thought of is the stun gun. too much crime these days. well, just for self protection purpose.

knewing it's ilegal to sell or own a proper stun gun, maybe the voltage is too high (100k - 600k volts) for public owning.

I've thought of modding the mosquito trat. as a stun rod. not sure this is legal or not ya ? some of you already knew it's used to zap mosquitos & flies. it works with 2 x double A batteries (3v, while stun gun uses 9v), producing a mere 2500v.

What I'm interested is how can I increase the voltage ? change to bigger solenoid & capacitor ? stronger batteries ?

I'm not an engineer by profession, so any suggestion, ideas or view from any party is highly appreciated. thanks.
firstly.

to use the mosquito racket, you'd have to shove the terminals into the fella's skin. bare skin.

i've done this b4 when i was in secondary school, retrofitted the mosquito stinger into a old TV remote control. press number 3 then the light will go on, and i retrofitted two terminals outside at the top, which pass on the voltage potential

everytime go down the staircase use it and zap people walking down holding the handrail...all with very funny expressions on their face wondering why :P

nothign more then a sting. but prolonged exposure sure as hell hurts.

khguan

4,000 RPM

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
using de mosquitoe zap not so powerful...

my dad always sugest to me how to do it.. but din do it until now...hehe

de mosquitoe zap got a circuit call voltage doubler... using diodes n capacitors...
u need to locate it then add more of it in order to make de voltage higher....

i have tried out electronic project kits when i was in secondary skool but failed lar.. :(

kevinc

500 RPM

kevinc

500 RPM
Dec 10, 2003
well, the purpose of this is not meant to kill, deliberately. more to fence yourself from intruders. 2500v is merely like a needle pinch wif mild body sensational shock. increasing the voltage much could cause temporaly muscle retract and passing out. intention is only to make them stay away from you.

question is, can the board sustain the bigger solenoid and capacitor ? if i wanna increase it to like 10,000v or 15,000v

khguan

4,000 RPM

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
u wanto modify... u need to make a new PCB.. the lines kenot be drawn too close... cos high voltage will jump over...

then its not solenoid.. solenoid is a coil used to push a metal thing at de center of de coil.. example...electric operated door lock, or electric magnet

its TRANSFORMER... well... to change de transformer.. u need to know de voltage ratios... use ohm meter to measur n need to calculate... complicated a bit... n hard to get the value u wan...

ezwong2002

Known Member

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
PCB = printed circuit board :P

I have a 1 meter long parang in my car.. thats the best protection u can get... so.. moffos get away from me and my car!

kevinc

500 RPM

kevinc

500 RPM
Dec 10, 2003
i don't wana permanently leave a scar on my intruder's body :lol: then it's too late to regret d. charged for manslaughter

the +/- tips of the stun gun would create continuous sparks and hopefully enough to scare away bullies.

benefit of a stun gun, when the other person is eletricuted by it, and he touches you, you don't get the shock

ksgoh

1,000 RPM

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by ezwong2002@Oct 7 2004, 14:07
PCB = printed circuit board :P

I have a 1 meter long parang in my car.. thats the best protection u can get... so.. moffos get away from me and my car!
i meter long?? nanti kena tangkap polis laa....my fren have been tahan by police becoz of his parang, luckily he put at boot and with a reason go to "cut" tree at his grandmom house....

chelnick

Known Member

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
i have a stun gun.... but not in my car... i keep at home.... stun myself before....

not fun i tell you ... not fun at all...... :D

bring those wushu practise swords and keep in car... if police stop you say you training for competition....

0=={===> parang...

{===||::::::::::::::> practise sword...

which 1 more scary?????

:rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi again friends :itsme:

I'd like to have your views on the above vs wetsanding.

As up till now, i've only wetsanded to remove orange peel. not used any velvet pad.
Not available here as are most detailing products.

plz refer to my previous post ( the caveman's part 2)

My concern is not this car though. the car is sold now.
one guy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience