[Problem]HKS Turbo Timer Type-1 (Old)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
I've recently encountered a problem with my turbo timer type-1, the old type with silver casing, blue& red color, not the new type with black casing and white color.

Previously i switched to Voltage mode for more than 2 weeks since after my previous battery dead and i change with a new battery, in the same time, relocated my battery to rear trunk.
Until today, i switched back to my timer, and set for Auto. And i was wondering how come my timer never increase but only hold at 0.00 sec, while the "A" flashing constantly all the time even low or high rpm after sometime driving. I then try set to 0.30sec, and it works fine.

So i try to check on the RPM option, and the RPM is at 0 while engine running. Wire checked, no loss, got electric supplied (checked through test pen).
And checked with the Speedometer as well, and is not working too! Wire checked, no loss, got electric supplied (checked through test pen).

Summary
Turbo Timer Manual - OK
Turbo Timer Auto - NO (due to RPM reading not functioning i guess)
RPM Reading - NO
Speedometer Reading - NO
Speed Measurement as in 100/200/400, 0-100, etc - NO (due to Speedometer reading not functioning i guess)
Voltage - OK

Is that possible that the main device is malt-function? or wire part?

if every wires are done right, mean the timer tapao d....some shops can check/repair...

or if there is available unit at cheaper price, then u can buy it.

or pm me ur model, if my fren got the same unit. i let u know.

What i will do now is, i will try to uninstall everything and install it back like day 1..before that, check the wire from head to toe to see if there is any possibility of the wire broken? (which is unlikely) and see if it is still working...

Some shops can repair? where??? i do not think i want to get another one as i feel that one is the best lol..

my model is the HKS type-1 blue red color one silver casing one...

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

What i will do now is, i will try to uninstall everything and install it back like day 1..before that, check the wire from head to toe to see if there is any possibility of the wire broken? (which is unlikely) and see if it is still working...

Some shops can repair? where??? i do not think i want to get another one as i feel that one is the best lol..

my model is the HKS type-1 blue red color one silver casing one...

Used condition from japan and has been using it for more than 2 years before it happens..btw this type of hks where got pirated one :/

Top Bottom