Come & Share about GT28RS (^.^) !!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
HI guys !! I am planning to change Turbo Garrett GT28RS...
Anyone who is using it...can share out ?:biggrin:
What rpm the turbo spool up ??
3k rpm until redline ??
How much for the cost GT28RS ??
Going to Rebuilt my engine soon...
Hope can help out ! All the F/I Taiko !! :wavey:

HI guys !! I am planning to change Turbo Garrett GT28RS...
Anyone who is using it...can share out ?:biggrin:
What rpm the turbo spool up ??
3k rpm until redline ??
How much for the cost GT28RS ??
Going to Rebuilt my engine soon...
Hope can help out ! All the F/I Taiko !! :wavey:

ya ya.. gud turbo..1.8L can use..1.6L also can..below 1.6 also can..totally depend..2L also can..2.5 also can...
spool up rpm...depend on engine..usually 3..below 3...xbest hehe..
cost? 3k plus i guess 4 brand new..

ya ya.. gud turbo..1.8L can use..1.6L also can..below 1.6 also can..totally depend..2L also can..2.5 also can...
spool up rpm...depend on engine..usually 3..below 3...xbest hehe..
cost? 3k plus i guess 4 brand new..

kk ! thankss for your infor bro :biggrin:

GT28RS bigger than Td05 a bit right ?

Last edited:
depends actually
the td05 16g has a bigger inducer n exducer than the gt28rs

bt then again
bigger doesnt mean flow higher
smaller doesnt mean spool faster :D

GT28RS = GT2860 right? is there a lot of difference between 2860 vs 2871 vs 3037 performance and spool time wise for a 2 liter engine?

soli to TS, tumpang your thread a bit...

depends actually
the td05 16g has a bigger inducer n exducer than the gt28rs

bt then again
bigger doesnt mean flow higher
smaller doesnt mean spool faster :D

Yup :D
I love Garrett BB.... coz can spool early ....
TD05 16g...spool at 3k rpm right ? if not mistaken...

erm like they said before, diffrent cc diffrent spool rpm
if i put td05h 16g on 2.4 engine err , it will spool super early more like instant boost

if i put td05h 16g on 2.4 engine err , it will spool super early more like instant boost

ok ! thankss !! :wavey:
I will get this turbo soon !! :biggrin:

haha..how about TO4R .48 TURBINE at 2.4L....feel like using small turbo...hehe..
we need to worry out gas source then worry about turbo..

FYI, thread start is Driving Celica turbo :P 1.8cc.. he thinking to change his turbo.. so this better for bebolaganas to suggestion sikit kat owner hehehehe

if me 1.8cc i put the GT2871R
owner car is auto.. the Gt28rs is higher trim, izzit need higher boost to match the best flow rate?? :)

FYI, thread start is Driving Celica turbo :P 1.8cc.. he thinking to change his turbo.. so this better for bebolaganas to suggestion sikit kat owner hehehehe

if me 1.8cc i put the GT2871R
owner car is auto.. the Gt28rs is higher trim, izzit need higher boost to match the best flow rate?? :)

rebuilt the engine..the is no point to use big turbo while u cant boostinggiiii:banghead: hehe...pay a lot for a brand new turbo...but only can boost 0.5?.. even kancil boost 0.7 hehe..my opinionla...

well for someone to rebuild an engine, i'm assuming he's preparing to bring the boost levels higher or to make the engine more competitive, hence he's seeking opinion on the turbo of his choice...

Yup.. I am going to rebuilt my engine...that why... choosing which turbo more suitable...
after rebuilt my engine.. i will boost 0.8bar -1bar :)
Cheerss !!

Edit:
Hmm...Anyone change piston without sleeve the block ?
Can share ??

not really bro.. sometime when cr is higher then 10.0.. happily boosting aint easy to archive..then i recommend money go to the engine instead of buying new turbo...coz..if not rebuilt the engine..we cant fully utilize the brand new turbo also..bcoz of engine limitation = wrong investment...so i vote for engine...

i agree with pioneer411 ...

gt2871 better....

alang2 mau main garrett.... take gt2876r laaaa... kekekeke

bro, i advice to hone the block and if can make sure ur piston and cylinder clearances are correct, and make sure not too much gap or u will get piston slap on cold start

Engine rebuild as just drop in pistons while the engine is in the car or fully rebuilt as in take out the engine? wat pistons and conrod ur going for? or just changing the bearings?

bro, i advice to hone the block and if can make sure ur piston and cylinder clearances are correct, and make sure not too much gap or u will get piston slap on cold start

Engine rebuild as just drop in pistons while the engine is in the car or fully rebuilt as in take out the engine? wat pistons and conrod ur going for? or just changing the bearings?

change the piston and rod bearing only...yup...ofcourse need to take out the engine :wavey:
and get a GT28RS ... :smokin:

thats the way,if use 4g64+evo head engine spool td05h 16g 2k rpm will spool but full boost at 3k rpm,turbo power band will drop after 6k rpm,fast full boost mean will drop faster,lag or delay full boost=rev to the moon,deepend what u want,want on the road or drag race,my 2cent

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

rebuilt the engine..the is no point to use big turbo while u cant boostinggiiii:banghead: hehe...pay a lot for a brand new turbo...but only can boost 0.5?.. even kancil boost 0.7 hehe..my opinionla...

true also,big turbo must hi boost,if not will feel very lame one,if dont believe try use gt35r boost one bar,see the car go fast or not?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom