Choice of Project Car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Hehe..interested to get one?

His friend who visits often, owns one too...Though I'm not sure exactly which model.

I'm more interested towards JDM models. But just curious to know how those american cars ended up here only. By the way, I'm still a student, cant even afford anything at all. Not even saga, kancil or KE70.... Poor fate..

American muscle gang gathers near your house. haha :biggrin:

Is always like that. Don't know is junk, know is treasure....:driver:

Same like FD2R, M3, M5 and all that. People will think it is standard Civic, 3 series, 5 series and etc. But for Lancer GT, I know many will say that one is Evo. Well, bonus for Lancer GT owners then.

Same like FD2R, M3, M5 and all that. People will think it is standard Civic, 3 series, 5 series and etc. But for Lancer GT, I know many will say that one is Evo. Well, bonus for Lancer GT owners then.

LGT with BBK.... sure think is Evo.....:biggrin:

LGT with BBK.... sure think is Evo.....:biggrin:

You mean BBS rims? Can differentiate between which one is original if you look at the rear fender. However, lately I've been seeing Lancer GT selling at mudah which they manage to convert the rear fender and fuel cap into Evo X style as well. There is this particular Lancer GT I saw at mudah before which converted almost everything into Evo X and is selling for around 128k over there. Changed into projector headlamps, wide rear fender, brembo brakes, evo x recaro seats, evo x steering, dummy intercooler and all sorts of things. I'm impressed by this owner. :adore:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I wonder if the same thing can be done on Inspira 1.8 manual?

Attachments

• 5785220699.jpg
    5785220699.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 3,467
  • 5701283639.jpg
    5701283639.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,005
  • 5771049882.jpg
    5771049882.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 5739057017.jpg
    5739057017.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 866
  • 5799107955.jpg
    5799107955.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,257
the amount spent on transforming his car will be able to get a 2nd hand evo x.

Probably right. Don't know why the owner din't go for Evo X. Maybe for fuel consumption reasons. Or maybe he sold off this car and decided to get a Evo X.....

BBK - as in Big Brake Kit. LGT ones quite small.....:biggrin:

I see, i see. Lancer GT ones are just normal disc only... But the one on pic changed to 4 pot brembo. I think a little too much of stopping power for a standard Lancer GT...

It doesn't really looked like some old junk. Somehow when you see it in real life, it sort of gives out a special presence. It's as if like it is indirectly saying that it is not an ordinary old car. You will have the feeling that it is not just some junk car. Some sort of presence and difference. I don't know how to say it.

Ask your neighbor where did he/she get such a car in Malaysia?

Ya if it is nicely build and resprayed, it will look good especially in older chassis. If it has
a beat up look, u r gonna get lots of those comments of old junk from older people who are
not even interested in cars and cars to them are just a transport. :rofl:

Ya, I get what u mean and I do love all these classics or legends. :smile:

But you will need it to look like a Evo X.....:biggrin:

Just do like how the pic on above la. But pick Inspira 1.8 manual more convincing. At least when someone else looks inside the interior, they saw manual and they thought is Evo X manual. If is Lancer GT or Inspira auto, they see the gear stick there is different from the Evo X SST. Then no point already.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Ya if it is nicely build and resprayed, it will look good especially in older chassis. If it has
a beat up look, u r gonna get lots of those comments of old junk from older people who are
not even interested in cars and cars to them are just a transport. :rofl:

Ya, I get what u mean and I do love all these classics or legends. :smile:

If it is KE70, I prefer the 4 round headlamps type. The one before facelift. Looks more suited for the old car.

We must learn to remember and know the histories & legends. Haha :biggrin:

Just do like how the pic on above la. But pick Inspira 1.8 manual more convincing. At least when someone else looks inside the interior, they saw manual and they thought is Evo X manual. If is Lancer GT or Inspira auto, they see the gear stick there is different from the Evo X SST. Then no point already.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

If it is KE70, I prefer the 4 round headlamps type. The one before facelift. Looks more suited for the old car.

We must learn to remember and know the histories & legends. Haha :biggrin:

KE70, those chassis really if painted with fresh nice paint and some chromes...gonna look
real nice! Just like the 1st Gen Mini Cooper or the 1st Gen VW Beetle...those chassis looks
better with fresh new paint than modern cars with fresh new paint.

KE70, those chassis really if painted with fresh nice paint and some chromes...gonna look
real nice! Just like the 1st Gen Mini Cooper or the 1st Gen VW Beetle...those chassis looks
better with fresh new paint than modern cars with fresh new paint.

I couldn't agree more on this. :top: Especially silver paint. Silver paint on modern cars looks too common and boring but if you apply them to old cars, it really does make the car shine out.

that's just for cosmetic
chassis is different

why spend so much cash while you can reserve it?

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I'm interested to know in which competition does the TS plan to race the 'project' in. Because for me, if TS wants trackday fun, you can practically run any car including a K-car and you WILL get fun.

So:
1. Proton Satria GTi/1.3 SE - RM10k-30k
2. Proton Satria R3 - RM30k
3. Proton Satria Neo CPS - RM 30-40k
4. Nissan Silvia S13/14/180SX/240SX - RM 50k Range
5. Honda EG3/EG6 - RM40k range
6. Hajiroku - RM50k, but that's a lot money to pay in cash, for a old old chassis.

My opinion is for low-budget 'projects' TS can't enter the ultra competitive competitions such as the grassroots FI and Honda categories, so that leaves out no. 4 and 5.

No. 6 - when TS own such a legend, TS will treasure it so much that TS will be afraid to race it. One bad enough accident and you won't find parts to salvage the car. I've sold two cars because of this.

That'll leave TS with no. 1, 2 and 3. All have heavy hatches - the glass is also heavy.

So my suggestion is no. 7 - a Proton Putra.

great summary

hajiroku must serve it purpose to become real hajiroku

The petrol cover is a dead giveaway. Evo X is square. Inspira and Lancer round.

The petrol cover is a dead giveaway. Evo X is square. Inspira and Lancer round.

HA! Easiest way to spot. That part can't be converted right? LOL!

But I've found out some genius people manage to convert it already in Malaysia. I'm speechless when I saw those. I'll show some pic that I've seen before

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

There are some pro shops out there. :adore:

Attachments

• lancerx3.jpg
    lancerx3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 12,902
  • 8863150670.jpg
    8863150670.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6,290
  • 8839860541.jpg