Choice of Project Car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Perhaps you can make some call
I just came across this in marketplace

Tried going to their facebook page but it isnt there. Anyway read in other thread that jpj is very particular on proton mods and dont bother so much about other makes. True?

Tried going to their facebook page but it isnt there. Anyway read in other thread that jpj is very particular on proton mods and dont bother so much about other makes. True?

i guess because most of the transplant mod with done on Proton. Obviously, Proton & Mitsubishi are cross platform mod to them.
Honda always back to honda root, B series, K Series
Toyota is always favoring on 4AGE 16v/20V, 3GSE (T/Z), 1/2JZ-GTE
Mitsubishi always stick on 4G63T, as most of Mitsu are Evo on road
Subaru has EJ25, EJ20
some classic Mazda works on Ford Duratec, but not many

that's about it i guess

Well, until someone forks out the money to actually buy a project car there's not much to discuss since you guys have pretty much covered all the angles

Went to Kuala Lipis seems lots of KE70 Gangs there. Looks beat up but then they have TTs like us :rofl:
parked at empty area. KE70 seems to be a great car to start with and having 4AGE blacktop in it.

Can drift too..

Went to Kuala Lipis seems lots of KE70 Gangs there. Looks beat up but then they have TTs like us :rofl:
parked at empty area. KE70 seems to be a great car to start with and having 4AGE blacktop in it.

Can drift too..

KE70 is a good platform for beginners. Cheap and cheerful. With potential also. But one negative side of driving around in KE70 would be people looking at you with the sort of look like "Uhh, look at that poor guy driving some very old junk Corolla". Leaves a bad impression...

I don't underestimate KE70 especially modded ones. One more thing, I've seen a few KE70 repainted with silver metallic colour. I think it does look good and suits the car. At least it doesn't look that old if it is in silver.

my choice would be Satria GTi .. good aerodynamic and handling by lotus .. with the 4g93 engine ..
2nd choice would be Wira C99 with the original 4g93 engine in it ..

anyways this choice would be made if my budget is below RM50k

Can drift too..

No need change engine. Lock the rear differential an can drift already....:driver:

KE70 is a good platform for beginners. Cheap and cheerful. With potential also. But one negative side of driving around in KE70 would be people looking at you with the sort of look like "Uhh, look at that poor guy driving some very old junk Corolla". Leaves a bad impression...

I don't underestimate KE70 especially modded ones. One more thing, I've seen a few KE70 repainted with silver metallic colour. I think it does look good and suits the car. At least it doesn't look that old if it is in silver.

Such cars looks better when it has fresh new paint...can convert into Hakosuka look alike :rofl:

Haha, but driving old car still want to convert it meh? Better stick with the original look. The toyota spirit, lol. :proud:

Seen an old BMW coupe convert to those Older version Ford Mustang look :rofl:
At 1st almost kena cheated....look properly...is BMW :banghead:

Convert to almost similar to this look and also the stripes. But Black colour...

Eleanor-Shelby-GT500-side.jpg

got 1 old 5 series convert into mustang ma....orange color selling in mudah few months back......

I'm interested to know in which competition does the TS plan to race the 'project' in. Because for me, if TS wants trackday fun, you can practically run any car including a K-car and you WILL get fun.

So:
1. Proton Satria GTi/1.3 SE - RM10k-30k
2. Proton Satria R3 - RM30k
3. Proton Satria Neo CPS - RM 30-40k
4. Nissan Silvia S13/14/180SX/240SX - RM 50k Range
5. Honda EG3/EG6 - RM40k range
6. Hajiroku - RM50k, but that's a lot money to pay in cash, for a old old chassis.

My opinion is for low-budget 'projects' TS can't enter the ultra competitive competitions such as the grassroots FI and Honda categories, so that leaves out no. 4 and 5.

No. 6 - when TS own such a legend, TS will treasure it so much that TS will be afraid to race it. One bad enough accident and you won't find parts to salvage the car. I've sold two cars because of this.

That'll leave TS with no. 1, 2 and 3. All have heavy hatches - the glass is also heavy.

So my suggestion is no. 7 - a Proton Putra.

Last edited:
Seen an old BMW coupe convert to those Older version Ford Mustang look :rofl:
At 1st almost kena cheated....look properly...is BMW :banghead:

Convert to almost similar to this look and also the stripes. But Black colour...

Eleanor-Shelby-GT500-side.jpg

got 1 old 5 series convert into mustang ma....orange color selling in mudah few months back......

From german to american. Bravo.
I've seen original 1st generation Chevrolet Camaro in Ipoh before. Seriously, I din't lie. Black camaro with stripes.

From german to american. Bravo.
I've seen original 1st generation Chevrolet Camaro in Ipoh before. Seriously, I din't lie. Black camaro with stripes.

Speaking of which, my neighbor owns a 2nd gen Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. In red no less. The sound it makes?

Perghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..:love:

Saw a Corvette String Ray in USJ 1 once too.

Can only imagine the fuel consumption though...:burnout:

Many would think is just an old junk with stripes in ipoh. :rofl:

It doesn't really looked like some old junk. Somehow when you see it in real life, it sort of gives out a special presence. It's as if like it is indirectly saying that it is not an ordinary old car. You will have the feeling that it is not just some junk car. Some sort of presence and difference. I don't know how to say it.

Speaking of which, my neighbor owns a 2nd gen Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. In red no less. The sound it makes?

Perghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..:love:

Saw a Corvette String Ray in USJ 1 once too.

Can only imagine the fuel consumption though...:burnout:

Ask your neighbor where did he/she get such a car in Malaysia?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom